Sponsored

Mojave front locker using Rubicon switch.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Depends on the spline count, if you use lockers with 32 splines you can reuse the OEM shafts, if you upgrade to 35 splines you need new axle shafts.
Ok, I am planning to use an Eaton e locker, not sure of the spline count but I will check it. I really wanted chromoly axles shafts, but they are a bit hard tofind something that fits.

Bulldog4xfour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sahara
Ok, I am planning to use an Eaton e locker, not sure of the spline count but I will check it. I really wanted chromoly axles shafts, but they are a bit hard tofind something that fits.
Carbon offroad makes a set of chromoly axles, but you would have to delete the FAD. They are 32 spline so they would work with the Eaton E locker.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Carbon offroad makes a set of chromoly axles, but you would have to delete the FAD. They are 32 spline so they would work with the Eaton E locker.
I drive 20k miles a year, so I do not want to delete the FAD. Add a 4k mile road trip to Moab this fall, it does not make sense, and Moab is one reason I am adding the front locker.

But thank you for the input.

OP
OP
Temperance

Temperance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Software Engineer
Is the power distribution center the switch?

622240F5-BE0E-4EC7-9C4B-0EB6C5550A3A.jpeg
No, the switches put messages on the dashboard bus (can't remember what the name is) which then puts a message on the CAN bus which is then read by the sway bar module. The sway bar module is attached to the automatic sway bar. The automatic sway bar module reads and pushes messages on the CAN bus.

Here's a huge thread on messing with the JL/JT CAN bus. I have some comments in there specifically about this if you want to know more. I decided it wasn't worth the effort to make it do something different. However, adding the automatic sway bar to a Mojave should be easy. You'll need need to tie into the wiring harness for those 6 wires.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-and-uds-functions.82139/page-15#post-1793144

Sponsored

Bulldog4xfour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sahara
No, the switches put messages on the dashboard bus (can't remember what the name is) which then puts a message on the CAN bus which is then read by the sway bar module. The sway bar module is attached to the automatic sway bar. The automatic sway bar module reads and pushes messages on the CAN bus.

Here's a huge thread on messing with the JL/JT CAN bus. I have some comments in there specifically about this if you want to know more. I decided it wasn't worth the effort to make it do something different. However, adding the automatic sway bar to a Mojave should be easy. You'll need need to tie into the wiring harness for those 6 wires.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-and-uds-functions.82139/page-15#post-1793144
Thank you, I really appreciate the help.

outdoor.adventures

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
The locker wiring harness uses 1-1456426-6 TE Connectivity 4P Connector as listed in the original post. What is the part number for the matching connector on the ALCM?

For the final design did you continue to use the small Adafruit perma proto or something else? I ask because I’m interested to know what waterproof case the ALCM uses.

OP
OP
Temperance

Temperance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
The locker wiring harness uses 1-1456426-6 TE Connectivity 4P Connector as listed in the original post. What is the part number for the matching connector on the ALCM?

For the final design did you continue to use the small Adafruit perma proto or something else? I ask because I’m interested to know what waterproof case the ALCM uses.
The final design has a custom made PCB that fits inside of a (mostly) water resistant container. You can pot the completed PCB if you need it to be completely water proof. I haven't heard back from anyone about interest in continuing to manufacture the components. So I'll probably end up open sourcing all of this, including the schematic for the PCB and complete parts list.

PXL_20230325_190203136.jpg

outdoor.adventures

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
The final design has a custom made PCB that fits inside of a (mostly) water resistant container. You can pot the completed PCB if you need it to be completely water proof. I haven't heard back from anyone about interest in continuing to manufacture the components. So I'll probably end up open sourcing all of this, including the schematic for the PCB and complete parts list.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave front locker using Rubicon switch. PXL_20230325_190203136
Makes sense. I’m planning on soldering together a functional equivalent this week similar to what you had in your original fritzing schematic. I appreciate your work on this as I too want an OEM experience with the front locker.

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MOJAVE, 2018 GC Trailhawk, 1989 Jeep Comanche
Hi Temperance. I have your harness. What color wire goes it what pin location?
Jeep Gladiator Mojave front locker using Rubicon switch. IMG_5713

Sponsored

OP
OP
Temperance

Temperance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hi Temperance. I have your harness. What color wire goes it what pin location?
The included instructions include the schematic for both plugs. The plugs have numbers on them. The four wires are named the same on each plug in the schematic. I strongly suggest having a mechanic do this for you.

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The included instructions include the schematic for both plugs. The plugs have numbers on them. The four wires are named the same on each plug in the schematic. I strongly suggest having a mechanic do this for you.
Thanks I will figure it out.
My apologies. I was missing the front page of the printed instructions. The online instructions had what I needed.

Last edited:

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the heads up. I have the VOSwitch and it will be different than the Mopar Aux switches.
The OP has definitely put a lot of thought into what is a great option. I think it's awesome!

I know that you are looking for take off axles, but I'd like to add another option for you if you have Non_rubicon axles and want to add aftermarket Eaton lockers. You can use the Lasfit locker switch. It goes in the factory location, it looks factory, and you don't have to be bothered with the computer. And it has two operating modes.

Just another option, that's all.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Once I saw the Lasfit switch set that is what I went with for the lockers. They look factory, operate (if desired) like factory and give two more switches for lights or whatever. I used the extra switches for sway bar disconnect and air compressor. Now with both Lasfit and Voswitch aux switches I have plenty of switches for add on electric. Also, the Lasfit has the CB mike port. available

IMG_7249.JPG

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I added an Eaton E-locker and a factory rubicon switch. I have the Z-auto sensor bypass adapter and a Tazer. I'm trying to figure out if I have a wiring issue or a mechanical one. My switch works as it should locks rear only or both Front/rear. The Off Road pages display shows them as locked or unlocked, but my front locker is not engaging. Rear locker functions normal, but also has a Z-auto sensor bypass adapter. No errors are displayed.
Any suggestions on what to check?

Jeep Gladiator Mojave front locker using Rubicon switch. IMG_5457[1].JPG
Sponsored