Reaction score
Website
crimson4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Overland Expedition Guide
Well folks,
I think it’s time for me to regear from my 4.10 to either 4.88 or 5.13. The question I have is which gear ratio would y’all recommend & what brand? Also, another question I have is how much did y’all pay for it to be done? Or did y’all do it yourselves? A little about my truck before you answer!
4” lift, 37’s Yokohama Geolanders, black rhino wheels, rebel off road full rack, c02 20gal tank, a 79qt Iceco fridge w/ slider, a roofnest Falcon XL, rhino rack 270 awning (don’t buy this it’s trash), front Fab Four Steel stubby bumper, 12,000lbs cap winch, a tool box full of tools and recovery gear. So I weigh a lot. Thanks everyone!

B17ABB14-9A8B-47FB-857F-69092F56CCC1.jpeg
Sponsored

Newlife

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator rubicon
Just regeared to 5:13 and 100% satisfied. With all the weight I carry I am very similar to yours I think my tent probably weighs 50-75 lbs less than yours.

running 37x13.50x17 coopers on a 2” lift( will be going to 3.5 in the very near future)

also expect to pay around 2000.00 more if you upgrade other items. Might as well change your diff covers while you’re at it. My total was just south of 2700 with diff covers and some other accessories thrown in.

OP
OP
CrimsonExpeditions
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
crimson4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Just regeared to 5:13 and 100% satisfied. With all the weight I carry I am very similar to yours I think my tent probably weighs 50-75 lbs less than yours.

running 37x13.50x17 coopers on a 2” lift( will be going to 3.5 in the very near future)

also expect to pay around 2000.00 more if you upgrade other items. Might as well change your diff covers while you’re at it. My total was just south of 2700 with diff covers and some other accessories thrown in.
Nice! So my area folks are charging 3k + for just the parts and labor. Where are you located if you don’t mind me asking? General area is fine. I’m in Jacksonville, NC.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CrimsonExpeditions
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
crimson4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
100% 5.13

you’ll likely pay around $2-2500

not a diy job unless you’re extremely capable and have access to a handful of specialized tools etc.
right on, I’ve done some regearing before so I’m sure I could figure it out, but not on this small of a scale (Amphibious Assault vehicles). So my area folks are charging 3k + for just the parts and labor. Where are you located if you don’t mind me asking? General area is fine. I’m in Jacksonville, NC.

OP
OP
CrimsonExpeditions
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
crimson4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
100% 5.13

not a diy job unless you’re extremely capable and have access to a handful of specialized tools etc.
100% 5.13

also, Semper Fi brøther.

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
5.13 unless you live in and extremely flat area and don’t plan to leave. You may want to go 38” at one point and you will be glad you have 5.13 at that point. Or you need/want to tow. Paid $2800 but included installing ARB lockers. Not including locker costs just gears and labor. Those were another $1800.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I just went to 4.88 and am very happy. I too am pretty heavy and running 35s with the thought to go to 37s when these wear our. If I go to 37s I might wish I had gone with 5.13s, but since I am seeing 8th gear regularly now I am good.

And I paid $2100, gears and labor, in Pickens, SC.

Newlife

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator rubicon
Nice! So my area folks are charging 3k + for just the parts and labor. Where are you located if you don’t mind me asking? General area is fine. I’m in Jacksonville, NC.
Not terribly far from you. I’m in Knoxville TN

Sponsored

Painkillerspe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
right on, I’ve done some regearing before so I’m sure I could figure it out, but not on this small of a scale (Amphibious Assault vehicles). So my area folks are charging 3k + for just the parts and labor. Where are you located if you don’t mind me asking? General area is fine. I’m in Jacksonville, NC.
I'm in Charlotte NC. Regear is costing me 1800.00.

Although I might increase that a little since I'm thinking about throwing a e locker on the front while they are at it.

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
3k for gears is too much.
parts are about 1000.

5.13 all the way. Unless you spend a load of time on highway 80+

its a couple hours from you, but East Coast Gear Supply near Raleigh has always treated me well thru multiple orders and has had stock on parts when some places didnt. I think you are getting hosed on 3k just for gear swap.might be worth giving them a call to see what labor there would run ya

BigC1066

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
EMS
Kinda off topic kinda not, but yeah I have a Mojave and am looking to go to 5.13s. Been reaching out to everyone in a 6hr drive from me it seems like (live in east Texas about 1.25hrs from Shreveport La.) and have been quoted everything from $1700-$2200 parts and labor. Also what lift did you go with? Been looking for a 4-4.5 lift.

dawghauler

First Name
pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt sport s max tow
Occupation
hvac
if in jville national dodge 3200, low range 4x4 in wilmington 2500
getting 513 inastalled by nation using yukon and all new bearings. 488 are hard to come by right now.
Sponsored