Space Invader

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered through dealership, Bayway Dodge, Jeep, in the Houston area. $322.04 including tax ($350 - 15%). Used 15% online dealership coupon.
I got mine from Bayway in Houston as well! I would have been sunk without these instructions. Had to make a late night dash to Lowe's before it closed to get the hardware for the nutsert crushing. Almost bought a torque wrench, but I'd rather spend that $150 on more gear for my Gladiator!

image-20190907_224905.jpg
Sponsored

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't been interested in having the rail system until I saw this spare mount! I think this would look awesome!! Excellent write-up, it will come in handy if I decide to go this route with the spare.

Screenshot_20190908-173426_Chrome.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I don't know how I could have secured our new fridge as well today without the cargo rails system.

image-20190909_184401.jpg
some creative D ring rigging. but yeah the trail rail kit looks nice. I'm going to be building mine out of a black plastic 2x8, lol.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
some creative D ring rigging. but yeah the trail rail kit looks nice. I'm going to be building mine out of a black plastic 2x8, lol.
Can somebody tell me the measurements of one of the rails, not the length, but the width and height of the piece, somewhere around 1.5"x1.5" i assume.

Thanks.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The nutsert that they include is cleverly hexagonal as well and fits snuggly into the cutout in the truck.
what are the chances you can buy just this hex nutzert from mopar?

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
48F5C7BF-07A0-46C7-8B80-9F229F552040.jpeg
That was irritating...
Same problem with the nutserts.
Here’s a pic of my bolt-nut-device using the bolt from the rail kit. Worked like a champ.
Adding some lube to the insert tool 'bolt-nut-device' will help reduce friction while compressing the head.

JohnManc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Black
Yes. I installed my rail kit after my Line-x was applied.
Yes you can add the rails after line-x. I just did mine last night. Take your time and use a raspy to ‘clean’ out the initial opening for each hole. I then used a screw to Pre-run each hole. Also added a little WD40 as I ran the bolt in/out taking my time to not cross or strip any. This by far took longest time but was well worth it. Oh yeah, the nutsert are a royal pain! I used the nut/washer method above and held flange of the seat with a narrow jaw pliers. Took longer than should but I really didn’t want to end up with any bolts not being useable. Now adding soft roll up (Rugged Ridge) tonneau. Goal is to have a rack that works with a tonneau - still have not found one I like yet

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Going down this road now. All the covers I like need the Trail System (which did not come on mine). Thanks for the awesome write-up!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The nutzerts are not that difficult to install. Look up the Frame Light Mount Part # 82215428 on the Mopar site. It shows how to do the nutzert, and the kit includes the hardware to install the four in the package. It requires a washer and a nut that is a little larger than the bolt. The washer goes against the nutzert, then the nut, and the bolt then screws in. Hold the nut with a flat wrench, and tighten down the bolt with a socket wrench. After I figured out what I was doing wrong on the first one, the other three were easy.

The dealer should have the Mopar nutzerts. I ordered a mixed size box off Amazon, since I needed a few of various sizes for my other projects.

CKUCF

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Sport S w/ Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
I wish I would’ve found this thread before being defeated by the nutserts. I had the same idea, once mine started spinning, but I omitted the washers (oops!) and now the bolt and nut are stuck in the (still free spinning) nutsert. Miserable.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I would’ve found this thread before being defeated by the nutserts. I had the same idea, once mine started spinning, but I omitted the washers (oops!) and now the bolt and nut are stuck in the (still free spinning) nutsert. Miserable.
any way to get a hand in there to stop it from spinning to re-do the nutzert? maybe take the tail light out to gain access?

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
any way to get a hand in there to stop it from spinning to re-do the nutzert? maybe take the tail light out to gain access?
See post #12 for the solution.

CKUCF

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Sport S w/ Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
after borrowing a second set of needle-nosed vise grips I was able to back out the nut enough to free the bolt. It took forever, turning 1/64” at a time, but ultimately it came out. Had the whole system installed 10 minutes later after using a fresh bolt, nut, and washers(!) to crush the nutserts. Thankful for threads like this!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.