Mopar Trail Rail Kit Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Thanks Gatorized, this is exactly what I needed. I ordered two sets!
They will work as is, but are not a perfect fit - I added a fender washer , ground off the edges to get a better fit. I centered 1” masking tape to cover what I didn’t want to grind off the washer.

50B3DD81-1BF4-44F5-BB14-11D0A542E6F1.jpeg

4517F9C5-9DBD-45BB-87A6-BA4B4C811B27.jpeg

Jonesy22

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Occupation
Police
What length m6 1.0?

I just did this project over the weekend. I cut out some of the bedliner but there was no way to thread the Torx bolts. I purchased a cheap Harbor Freight tap and die kit, used the M6 tap, and just threaded it by hand - medium finger pressure at most. It did a good job going through the threads so that it would run smooth, but the Torx bolt heads kept stripping on install.

I finally gave up and went to Lowes and bought some stainless M6 1.0 bolts, so I could use a socket. Those worked much better - took a little bit of torque, but they went in with no issues. Don't waste your time with the Torx.

Jonesy22

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Occupation
Police
Just installed mine. Was pretty easy with the right tool even with the factory spray liner.

BB60F813-C3ED-4608-AAD2-4A78CCE6273F.jpeg

Sponsored

planojeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail Edition Sting Gray
This thread was super useful, was able to knock out the install in no time. Bed liner was not fun to work through but not bad using an engine cleaner brush to clear the threads that I got from Harbor Freight. Then to set the nutsert using two larger nuts on the provided screw to make a spacer with an impact drill to install them.

Question though, the rail set came with 12 screws which is only enough for the rails and missing 2 screws for the nutserts. Is this common for everyone or were they missing from my packaging?

Jonesy22

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Occupation
Police
I ordered 2 off quadratec

This thread was super useful, was able to knock out the install in no time. Bed liner was not fun to work through but not bad using an engine cleaner brush to clear the threads that I got from Harbor Freight. Then to set the nutsert using two larger nuts on the provided screw to make a spacer with an impact drill to install them.

Question though, the rail set came with 12 screws which is only enough for the rails and missing 2 screws for the nutserts. Is this common for everyone or were they missing from my packaging?

worked

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 2021
Occupation
Cyber Security Engineering Manager
My kit is missing 2 bolts, anyone else have this issue with this kit?
My kit was missing two bolts as well. Ordered mine from Amazon.

99ls1tj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
machinist

Ha, just found this thread. I'm missing 2 bolts as well. The instructions a POS. They show 12 bolts in the parts list and 14 are needed for the install. Also, the bolts are labeled D and F at different points in the drawing/ material list. Also, had trouble with the nutserts. Wish I had read this thread first. I got the bolts out, but the nutserts are just spinning in the holes.

Jeep_Davey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

My kit also came with just 12 bolts (which is the # stated on the parts list), but 14 are required for proper assembly. Do you happen to have the link for the bolts on Amazon? Struggling to find them!

Sponsored

usnavycdr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys Sport S, 99 WJ
Occupation
Psych RN
I didn't get the Mopar Rails so used P-1000 Unistrut and 12 M6x25 bolts. Didn't insert nutserts to add 2 extra bolts. Was easy enough just using the 4 prethreaded holes per side. Seems plenty strong for my purposes. Most of my bed rack force is downward onto bedrails. Cargo rails mounting seems to be just to prevent loads from lifting up in my setup.

worked

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 2021
Occupation
Cyber Security Engineering Manager
I’ll get these and try to forget they’re different!:)
I imagine these are the very same you would receive if the kit offered. Hard to know exactly, since ya know, this kit does not provide unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.