First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Same cable you use for the wall wart charger? Interesting, my Pixel fast charges, but I know the cable is good for it.

My LG android devices SLOW charge off the USB ports - any of them. For a fast charge I bring the charger and plug it into the 110 outlet on the back of the console. THAT fast charges.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for setting me straight. Still frustrated with the way they are selling this. It’s a crappy way to do business. “Hey! We have this cool part, here’s where you order it, NOPE! Just kidding, try again later”.
Definitely going with Redarc. I don’t care how cool the factory controller is.
I 100% agree that their lack of COMMUNICATION on this was terrible, and the fact I ordered telling my dealer "I want that brake controller" and was told "end of the year" (that was 2019) and over and over - it's coming. They should have simply said - it's going to be a while..... but then that would chase some customers to other solutions so from a marketing standpoint, I can see their lack of being up-front (still hate it, however)
The other controllers are fine and don't look all that out of place - it's why I'm torn. I keep saying I want one - then ask myself do I need one since I bough the redarc? Then I go back to my extreme OCD side - and recall our new 2021 Grand Cherokee won't have a controller....... ugh, back and forth. Would have been so easy if they had this when I ordered LOL

The Redarc is cool, IMO. Yeah it's not a perfect match to the other knobs and conrols, but not bad as long as my ADD side holds the OCD side at bay and I stop arguing with myself HA You don't want to be inside my head on this one, trust me!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just a suggestion, make sure you are using USB 3.1 rated Type-C cable, or even a Thunderbolt 3 rated cablle. I got a short 6" cable for a desktop dock and swapped it to the truck, works perfectly for fast charging in both places.
I take my LG cable out to the truck when I travel away from home - so it's the same cable that fast charges using the LG power supply but it won't using the truck. Cable doesn't matter. We've tried my wife's phone, my phone, my cable, her cable and high-end cables we've bought thinking we'd keep them in the truck for travel. Slow charging in the truck, FASTER than heck in the house.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Interesting, I have an LG 10" tablet, I'll see if that fast charges.

I take my LG cable out to the truck when I travel away from home - so it's the same cable that fast charges using the LG power supply but it won't using the truck. Cable doesn't matter. We've tried my wife's phone, my phone, my cable, her cable and high-end cables we've bought thinking we'd keep them in the truck for travel. Slow charging in the truck, FASTER than heck in the house.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Just a suggestion, make sure you are using USB 3.1 rated Type-C cable, or even a Thunderbolt 3 rated cablle. I got a short 6" cable for a desktop dock and swapped it to the truck, works perfectly for fast charging in both places.
Tried with a few cables. Ones I can charge a laptop with at 65w even and still no luck. I used a battery charge monitor app and no mater what combo I tried it wouldn't get me good speeds. VS the 12Volt USB-C adapter I have.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Same cable you use for the wall wart charger? Interesting, my Pixel fast charges, but I know the cable is good for it.
Yup - that's why I tried that cable as I KNEW it worked in the house. It charges my LG phone FAST, takes hours in the JT.

MNDZLJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary Diesel
Occupation
Jeep Technician
Cant even order this part in FCAs system until the 16th......there are 1440 of them in transit from the supplier though

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
It must be real I ordered a diesel with the controller about 2 months ago. Order was accepted but Jeep still not built

Sponsored

Okie362

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport/2020 JLU/2021 JTRD (Hydro Blue)
Occupation
IT Management
It must be real I ordered a diesel with the controller about 2 months ago. Order was accepted but Jeep still not built
It's built...They have it parked out back waiting for the break controller.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it :(

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's built...They have it parked out back waiting for the break controller.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it :(
That's ok - my wife's new GC has been sitting on a rail car somewhere for over a week and a half.
I hope FCA pays by the mile, not by the day, those things are on a rail car! Otherwise that's a crazy expensive trip!

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I 100% agree that their lack of COMMUNICATION on this was terrible, and the fact I ordered telling my dealer "I want that brake controller" and was told "end of the year" (that was 2019) and over and over - it's coming. They should have simply said - it's going to be a while..... but then that would chase some customers to other solutions so from a marketing standpoint, I can see their lack of being up-front (still hate it, however)
The other controllers are fine and don't look all that out of place - it's why I'm torn. I keep saying I want one - then ask myself do I need one since I bough the redarc? Then I go back to my extreme OCD side - and recall our new 2021 Grand Cherokee won't have a controller....... ugh, back and forth. Would have been so easy if they had this when I ordered LOL

The Redarc is cool, IMO. Yeah it's not a perfect match to the other knobs and conrols, but not bad as long as my ADD side holds the OCD side at bay and I stop arguing with myself HA You don't want to be inside my head on this one, trust me!
I know how you feel. My OCD is the same. It drives me towards mopar parts just because they are designed and made by the same company. It’s like buying apple accessories for your apply products. They are pricy, may not be any better, but look good and fit perfectly.

So far I bought the mopar sun bonnet and mopar bed cover. The bed cover was expensive but man does it function well, it’s built well, and looks great. I have mounted the sun bonnet yet.

bigdavepz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Should come with the controller.
Yeah, understood about that, but sometimes on the mopar website, they will have a PDF of the installation instructions that can be downloaded, but this is not the case with the brake controller. I like to look through the instructions to see what all I am getting myself into prior to ordering :)

If anyone orders one of these, can they post the instructions here on the forum?

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Some do, some don't. I've never used mine in the 11 months I've had it. I can see maybe if I used my Garmin it requires a 12 volt "outlet" but everything else I happen to own is either 110 or USB.
Some folks do use that outlet a lot. If you do, bet you can install that controller somewhere else - like people have done with the Redarc, or use another brand controller...... There's another choice now anyway. People will buy and use what they prefer. That's why Jeep offers so many exterior colors - you buy what YOU like.
Yeah, I have a brake controller on the under dash panel, will stick with that.
Sponsored