Sibi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi; 2016 JKUR; 2010 Commander Hemi
Occupation
Software development
So you didn't have a tow package?
I believe I do have a tow package as confirmed by the same dealer. I do not have the original sticker from jeep but I do have the Trailer Hitch Zoom and a seven pin and 4 pin next to the hitch. So, I guess I do?
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I believe I do have a tow package as confirmed by the same dealer. I do not have the original sticker from jeep but I do have the Trailer Hitch Zoom and a seven pin and 4 pin next to the hitch. So, I guess I do?
I can't see how you'd need that wiring, then. If you have the round 7 connector plug back there - that should already be wired.

JTGladly

First Name
Sibi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software development
I can't see how you'd need that wiring, then. If you have the round 7 connector plug back there - that should already be wired.
That was my assumption all along until the dealer told me otherwise. I was already thinking to take this to another dealer for a second opinion and your reply confirms that. Thank you!

olecarguy

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2012 300, 08 Scion XB, 03 F350, 65 Cuda,
Occupation
Retired Auto Mechanic/Machine Technician/Engineer
That was my assumption all along until the dealer told me otherwise. I was already thinking to take this to another dealer for a second opinion and your reply confirms that. Thank you!

olecarguy

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
JTGladly, you can look up and download your window sticker at this website: https://windowstickerlookup.com Copy and paste this link into your browser, then, select your Make and it will redirect you to the appropriate site for CDJR window sticker lookup. Then you need to enter your VIN.

Additionally, if you have:
a) you have the 4/7 pin connector on the rear bumper and it's wired fully, and
b) These fuses in the fuse panel are in place has for: left turn/stop F107, right turn F 109, back up F111, tail F90, Trailer Tow Connector F37, and Trailer Tow Module f36, then I'd venture to say you have the trailer tow package (TTP).

Given ShadowsPaPa about it being plug and play, my posts yesterday, and if you have the TTP, I'd venture to say the dealer isn't understanding the instruction sheet properly since many have yet to install this as it has just become available. I found this to be the case at my local dealer. The 82215652AB part number appears to be only needed if you DO NOT have the TTP factory installed.

I'll confirm this for sure with an update after I install my kit this weekend.

Sponsored

hemigeno

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO; '18 Durango; '13 JK
2) Instructions indicate that if you don't have sales code ADH, you need to order an additional PN 82216416AA. This part number is NOT AVAILABLE, and no price exists.
While I haven't taken delivery of my JT yet, I've read the brake controller installation instructions thinking this is something that I may want to add. The ADH Sales Code reference was really confusing, so I did some digging. As it turns out, ADH is the Trailer Tow Package sales code for the Wrangler/Unlimited models. That's why the instruction's cave-dweller pictographs show a valance cover as the short-cut method of determining if a vehicle has the ADH sales code. ABR is the JT Trailer Tow Package sales code, so you'll never find ADH on our JT Build Sheets, order forms, etc.

If you have the Class IV hitch factory-installed, you'll have all the wiring in place for the plug-and-play Mopar brake controller equipment.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
While I haven't taken delivery of my JT yet, I've read the brake controller installation instructions thinking this is something that I may want to add. The ADH Sales Code reference was really confusing, so I did some digging. As it turns out, ADH is the Trailer Tow Package sales code for the Wrangler/Unlimited models. That's why the instruction's cave-dweller pictographs show a valance cover as the short-cut method of determining if a vehicle has the ADH sales code. ABR is the JT Trailer Tow Package sales code, so you'll never find ADH on our JT Build Sheets, order forms, etc.

If you have the Class IV hitch factory-installed, you'll have all the wiring in place for the plug-and-play Mopar brake controller equipment.
And that's the bottom line.
IF you have the factory 7 and 4 position connector (which means you have the factory tow package of some sort) then this is a plug and play install.
NO OTHER HARNESS NEEDED!
Any time you see those plugs back there, it means it's WIRED and the fuses are in place.
Yes, that code is another indication Jeep rushed this and likely used some instructions from something else to get things going.
If you have a JT with those plugs and a receiver hitch, you have ABR.

This really ain't complicated.

As far as "flash" - or other software hijinks, unless you see the code for that on your invoice - then NO, they didn't touch the electronics or make any software changes. They must track and list that sort of thing.
ALL INDICATIONS ARE - In this case, like has been said - this isn't like the Ram. It's a plug and play stand-alone brake controller and not integrated into the cluster.
Can't go ask a dealer because they simply don't know yet unless they have installed a couple.

JTGladly

First Name
Sibi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software development
JTGladly, you can look up and download your window sticker at this website: https://windowstickerlookup.com Copy and paste this link into your browser, then, select your Make and it will redirect you to the appropriate site for CDJR window sticker lookup. Then you need to enter your VIN.
Wow that was very helpful, thank you olecarguy! I got my sticker and yes, I do have the tow package. The 4 and 7 pin were part of standard equipment.
Trailer–Tow Package $350
  1. Class IV Receiver Hitch
  2. Heavy–Duty Engine Cooling

JTGladly

First Name
Sibi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software development

Yes, I've only come across the ADH sales code in the wrangler. In the spec sales code ADH refers to: Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group.
Assuming the dealer(in my case), skipped those steps, the controller should still be working but the technician confirmed that it isn't working. Unless the rest of the installation was messed up. I'll test it myself and provide an update.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s some more pictures and zoom of the instructions showing the various LEDs and their meaning from a Facebook post. Most exciting for me is that it illuminates, so it’ll be easier to see at night.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB) 80D30082-5A3D-4D4D-8B8F-9B7639987025
Jeep Gladiator Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB) 3BD0D10B-52F7-40D1-B6CD-36BA1D97DD22
Jeep Gladiator Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB) D17A768D-B83E-4E67-95AD-9B724EAC6A9A

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s some more pictures and zoom of the instructions showing the various LEDs and their meaning from a Facebook post. Most exciting for me is that it illuminates, so it’ll be easier to see at night.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB) D17A768D-B83E-4E67-95AD-9B724EAC6A9A
Exactly as expected, except the addition of the glow to see it. Otherwise those instructions are almost exactly like other controllers - match Redarc pretty close.

Mine should arrive today and I plan on doing the install pronto - especially since I already have the Redarc, it should go fast.

Reactions: aai

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My controller arrived today, now I just need the rain to go away. Might be a tomorrow job at this point.

One thing I noted was that the controller has been speculated to be made by Redarc, however I believe it may be Tekonsha instead. I say this because the wiring harness that connects the controller box to the truck appears to have a Tekonsha connector on it. Here’s a picture of the connector from the kit harness and the one Tekonsha sells for their standard controllers, appears to be the same thing.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB) 74223075-1DD3-405F-9412-097FDC780D20
Jeep Gladiator Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB) 8E257701-1335-41AE-A8C1-ECEE57A8E240

olecarguy

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
JT Glady, your most welcome!
ShadowsPapa and jwilson2899, thanks for confirming my investigations and suppositions.

Hope to install my kit tomorrow.

Will advise on how it goes, but I don't expect any hiccups after this discussion.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
JT Glady, your most welcome!
ShadowsPapa and jwilson2899, thanks for confirming my investigations and suppositions.

Hope to install my kit tomorrow.

Will advise on how it goes, but I don't expect any hiccups after this discussion.
I see you have a 49 Ford.
Here's one for you - the front brakes and spindles from my 73 Javelin on my neighbors 49 Ford -
He wanted bigger brakes and to lower the front a bit, so I gave him my brakes and put Kelsey-Hayes disks on my car

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB) gene-cross-brakes-018

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB) gene-cross-brakes-021