Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I have a 2020 JT Rubicon running a 2" Mopar lift and 37" tires. I am a long time Jeep owner (5 builds) and have always ALWAYS wanted to do a Hemi Conversion. Long story short I decided to "bite the bullet" so to speak!

Anyways to the exciting part. After being disappointed, I called and started researching compaies with the best reputation for Hemi converstions. I spoke with several companies and from everthing I could find AMW4x4 is the absolute best in the business for so many reasons. Anyways, fast forward a month or so and my JT is currently in Holly MI at AMW4x4 getting its Hemi conversion as well as a handfull of other parts and upgrades. I plan to keep updating as the build goes and a review once I drive it home.

I decided to go with the 5.7 over the 6.4 on this build. I have owned 10+ 5.7's and currently own a 6.4 SRT. I decided on the 5.7 for several reasons:

Fuel -The supercharger required premium fuel. I didn't think it would bother me a bit but after a few fill ups.....it really did piss me off a bit that I had to run premium and the performance wasn't much better.
Economy - I like driving my JT alot......the 5.7 offers 415 hrspwr and 400+ in torque. I will see better fuel economy and just all out be happier with the 5.7. Seriously....I don't need my lifted truck to be a sports car. Many people don't agree with me on this.....but I have a 6.4 for when I want to drive it.

During its time at AMW 4x4 it will be getting a complete new powertrain amongst some other goodies - engine, transmission, full exhaust, drive shafts, differntials (5.13s), updating the lift to a AMW custom long arm 3" lift specifically for the Hemi build, fenders, fender liners, and some other small hardware and badging.

Here are two "before snaps" and a few snaps of the work in progress. I will try to keep pictures and updates pretty regularly. Feel free to reach out with questions or comments!

Also - I have a stock 2" Mopar lift in mint condition (6k miles on it) for sale. This will come with the front adjustable track bar (Teraflex) and an adjustable rear track bar (Evo).

Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion 20200630_160106

Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion image4

Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion image0

Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion image3
Sponsored

Last edited:

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Does that motors rating automatically come like that or was that a special request? Sounds like a well thought out build and it is looking good.

When do you plan on picking it up?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Not meaning to pry, but I'm curious on the cost of just doing the hemi swap, not necessarily the regearing just particularly I'm interested in the hemi swap cost. When mine gets out of warranty and a few more miles on the motor I'm planning on doing this as well. I have always wanted to do a LS swap or Hemi swap and now that I have the JT I feel like it would justify it so I can use it more like a truck for hauling. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to put it out there live, thanks.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
That is a pretty cool build cannot wait to see it done. What are they doing with the old engine. Be nice to build up an engine for my super charger so I can turn it up a notch or 3 :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Does that motors rating automatically come like that or was that a special request? Sounds like a well thought out build and it is looking good.

When do you plan on picking it up?
It's got a light performance tune on it. So the squeeze a little more HRSPWR out of it than it would come from factory.

My guess is another week or two before its done with everything I have added to the punch list.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Not meaning to pry, but I'm curious on the cost of just doing the hemi swap, not necessarily the regearing just particularly I'm interested in the hemi swap cost. When mine gets out of warranty and a few more miles on the motor I'm planning on doing this as well. I have always wanted to do a LS swap or Hemi swap and now that I have the JT I feel like it would justify it so I can use it more like a truck for hauling. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to put it out there live, thanks.
It really depends on some of your preferences and selections. You are looking at $30-$35k depending. Most guys aren't going to spend $30k and go bare bones....throw in a little more and get it how you want it if your going to be throwing that much into it from the get go.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
That is a pretty cool build cannot wait to see it done. What are they doing with the old engine. Be nice to build up an engine for my super charger so I can turn it up a notch or 3 :)
They do a "core credit" for the engine and transmission. You can pick them up from them pretty inexpensively though.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Very cool and great of you to share the info and photos, will you just run 87 octane fuel in it ?

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Very cool and great of you to share the info and photos, will you just run 87 octane fuel in it ?
Thanks, I will definitely continue to share!

Yes I am having it tuned for 87 octane.

Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
4sr1cf.jpg

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
It would be fun to do a truck/jeep comparison like motortrend (or various you tube channels) when you are done. Not out to prove anything, I am sincerely curious.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
It would be fun to do a truck/jeep comparison like motortrend (or various you tube channels) when you are done. Not out to prove anything, I am sincerely curious.
Yeah that would be fun. Can you expand a little on what you are thinking?

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
It really depends on some of your preferences and selections. You are looking at $30-$35k depending. Most guys aren't going to spend $30k and go bare bones....throw in a little more and get it how you want it if your going to be throwing that much into it from the get go.
Cost wise how woukd an LS swap compare to the hemi?

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Cost wise how woukd an LS swap compare to the hemi?
To my knowledge there isn't anyone offering the LS swap anymore. To be fair I didn't research it at all because I had no interest in a Chevy engine being in my Mopar machine.

If you do some digging please share your findings, I would be curious. Bubba at Exodus used to do LS swaps all the time. He would be a good starting point. I believe he is now a vendor of AMW doing the Hemi conversion.
Sponsored