Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I have a 2020 JTR LE with about 9K miles on it. I drove it stock for about one year and then added the usual 2-inch MOPAR Lift, lights, winch and 35s on some nice Fuel 17x9 rims. I really enjoyed how it rode with the better shocks and height. Truck felt much more stable at speed and generally more planted than the rather bouncy stock shocks. That being said MPG went down and RPMs went up a lot ha ha. Fast forward a couple months I put a deposit down the the 6.4L conversion w RUBITRUX in November and the truck got picked up yesterday to begin its journey over the rainbow to V8 heaven.

I am not planning to make any other changes until something fails or I decide I need 40s and will keep this thread updated with the conversion progress and most importantly down the road with reliability, MPG, towing and rock crawling info. But my plan is to keep it on 35s and stock axles since it's such a driveable setup.

Jesse at RUBITRUX has been great to work with and they even organized the transportation

IMG_20210115_165450.jpg

IMG_20210115_170429.jpg

IMG_20210115_170438.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Do you mind giving info on how far and how much transport was? I am trying to decide between me dropping the JT off or having it transported. Not to Rubitrux.

Will be awesome once you get the Hemi installed. I am going 5.7
just shy of 1000 miles and transport is around 1800 round-trip of which Rubi covered 50% which is a nice gesture. Why 5.7L for you? Concerns with premium fuel? The 5.7 is a good deal heavier than the 6.4L SRT and the 6.4L from what I read has more low end torque which should help with towing as well and fuel economy....

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Man you guys with these V8 conversions. This is awesome! I am going to stay in my corner and chant that I like forced induction. That will probably work as well as when I said I was not going to work on my tune I am just gonna use my truck.😁

Sponsored

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Man you guys with these V8 conversions. This is awesome! I am going to stay in my corner and chant that I like forced induction. That will probably work as well as when I said I was not going to work on my tune I am just gonna use my truck.😁
I know FI was a tempting option. My prior experience with that on a different car just taught me there is no replacement for displacement lol. I hope you get the supercharger to where you want it. I do like a good whine though.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I know FI was a tempting option. My prior experience with that on a different car just taught me there is no replacement for displacement lol. I hope you get the supercharger to where you want it. I do like a good whine though.
Well there is a solution that satisfies across the board, but I will need to get some coin together. They have Roots blowers for the Ram now 😁. 5.7 conversion with Magnuson on top, mmmm the possibilities. The SOUND!

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Well there is a solution that satisfies across the board, but I will need to get some coin together. They have Roots blowers for the Ram now 😁. 5.7 conversion with Magnuson on top, mmmm the possibilities. The SOUND!
The sound, the power - the mileage 😥

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
The sound, the power - the mileage 😥
mileage unfortunately is already bad with the 3.6L if you do anything in terms of lift and bigger/heavier tires. My JTR only got 13.5MPG with highway city mix on 87 following lift and 35s. That is what I am expecting with the 6.4L as well. Let's see

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
just shy of 1000 miles and transport is around 1800 round-trip of which Rubi covered 50% which is a nice gesture. Why 5.7L for you? Concerns with premium fuel? The 5.7 is a good deal heavier than the 6.4L SRT and the 6.4L from what I read has more low end torque which should help with towing as well and fuel economy....
Yes, premium fuel was really the main reason. I daily drive and I do not want to be paying for premium, especially now that fuel prices are rising. Also the pure performance of the 6.4 would get me in trouble. Lastly, I know it sounds odd after spending the amount for the conversion but I did not want to spend the extra $5 - 7000 for the 6.4. Would I like to have it, hell yeah! But the 5.7 is rated at 383 hp and 417 ft lb torque which should still be fine. Not sure about the weight as they are both cast iron blocks and aluminum heads.

Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I have a 2020 JTR LE with about 9K miles on it. I drove it stock for about one year and then added the usual 2-inch MOPAR Lift, lights, winch and 35s on some nice Fuel 17x9 rims. I really enjoyed how it rode with the better shocks and height. Truck felt much more stable at speed and generally more planted than the rather bouncy stock shocks. That being said MPG went down and RPMs went up a lot ha ha. Fast forward a couple months I put a deposit down the the 6.4L conversion w RUBITRUX in November and the truck got picked up yesterday to begin its journey over the rainbow to V8 heaven.

I am not planning to make any other changes until something fails or I decide I need 40s and will keep this thread updated with the conversion progress and most importantly down the road with reliability, MPG, towing and rock crawling info. But my plan is to keep it on 35s and stock axles since it's such a driveable setup.

Jesse at RUBITRUX has been great to work with and they even organized the transportation

IMG_20210115_165450.jpg

IMG_20210115_170429.jpg

IMG_20210115_170438.jpg
That awesome, congrats!! At first mine was just going for the powertrain conversion as well. I am just under a 6 figure build now! Hope you have more restraint than me!

Whats your build timeline, 4-6 weeks?

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
That awesome, congrats!! At first mine was just going for the powertrain conversion as well. I am just under a 6 figure build now! Hope you have more restraint than me!

Whats your build timeline, 4-6 weeks?
restraint is strong for now!!! I should have the truck back week of Feb 8th

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Following...I'm thinking of FI for my Gladiator but would love to go the V-8 route.