OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
quick impressions update. It's a true stock like driving experience with really seamless integration. They also opened the hood so it's a functional heat extractor hood now which is really neat. The sound when you push the start button is glorious. Power is fabulous. You can accelerate going up steep mountain roads. Really fantastic and the 275 miles I got out of the first tank is absolutely daily driveable only negative is some cabin drone at ~1800RPMs under medium load that I will watch.
Sponsored

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
quick impressions update. It's a true stock like driving experience with really seamless integration. They also opened the hood so it's a functional heat extractor hood now which is really neat. The sound when you push the start button is glorious. Power is fabulous. You can accelerate going up steep mountain roads. Really fantastic and the 275 miles I got out of the first tank is absolutely daily driveable only negative is some cabin drone at ~1800RPMs under medium load that I will watch.
Feel free to post daily audio clips. Can’t get enough of that sound.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
found a good solution for the cabin drone. since it's during cruising speeds only. just go up a gear. So instead of 7th at 50MPH with 1800RPM in the drone zone drop to 8th and roll with 1000 RPM. Enough pull left to maintain speed in mildly hilly terrain and the shifting with the auto is really painless and simple. same principle when it's in 6th go down to 7th etc. I'll test this more since I like the sound and rather not put a different muffler in which would quiet the whole thing. The sound in 8th at 1000rpm is pretty cool too haha. One deep rumble

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I am living vicariously through you and MoparKing with these swaps, haha! It's so awesome, and I love reading about these beasts. I truly believe that FCA should have offered at least a 5.7L as a factory option. Enjoy!

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
another update. Drove back from VT today and almost got 15MPG on the return. I have the ACC at 75MPH so it pulls hard on all the hills. When I am more patient ill just keep it in 8th to see what I can get. btw first part of trip is about 30 minutes through some valleys with 50 top speed and I got 18MPG on that section. I think straight interstate driving will give you easy 16-17MPG. Anyways more to come.

IMG_20210217_191445_01.jpg

Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I did. I also did some research. I don't beleive it will work with the hemi conversion and long arm lift.
My idea is to utilize some space in the bed. Maybe something that welds right in with the same height as the wheel wells almost like a curb 10x10 inches going the full width. Could be a nice seat too lol. Then put bedliner over it again for a clean and seamless look. Should be easy to connect with the main tank but cost some bed space which I would not care about

Screenshot_20210224-174954__01__01.jpg

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Yeah. I really like the one by Mount Zion. Its seemless - evens out the weight distribution and is connected to the main tank for an extra 17 gallons.

Its the one I was hoping to utilize.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Yeah. I really like the one by Mount Zion. Its seemless - evens out the weight distribution and is connected to the main tank for an extra 17 gallons.

Its the one I was hoping to utilize.
Do you have a link for the specific one? Me and Google are not getting along on this one :(