OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
5.13's? Are you going 40's eventually? I have 4.88's in mine and at 75 I am running about 2200-2300 rpm's with 37's. Thinking about going to 38's to drop the rpm's down just a touch at 75 mph.

Yeah I get that lurch sometimes also. More at driving on the street, when backing off to go around a corner then step on it sometimes it acts like it does not know which gear to be in and jerks. Have you talked to amw 4x4 about the lurch? They had mentioned to me that on some of the tunes they had the torque converter locking in 4 low and have since stop doing that.

I have been asking around about under armor for the v8 conversions and not finding anybody that has anything, so may have to fab something myself. I do not like that oil pan being exposed like it is.
I def have that sometimes. I actually have to throw it into NEUTRAL as the brakes cannot hold the truck when that happens. I’ll ask them for a new tune. Also thanks so much DAVE for the offer but probably too soon for me with all the warranty still in play from the swap. I would love to be able walk the truck again in 4Lo like it used to when going up stuff. shouldn’t be any issues there. also I stalled a good 5 times yesterday and once when trying to start again it sound like the fuel pump was not pulling gas but then started up again no problem. the rpms seems to drop too low sometimes so it stalls like with a good ol manual. not sure if that is normal with auto
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
It is not normal for it to stall. They have the torque reserves set low trying to combat the jumpiness and pulling through the brakes. I have found that is not a great way to combat that issue, because of the issues you are having. It works better to alter the airflow model, camshaft timing, and spark timing. Then fine tune it with the transmission by gear torque limiting. You can feel the jump in a challenger or base model Ram, two wheel drive. Large tires and gears make it worse.

Last edited:

Michael8780

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator Clear coat
Occupation
Self employed
Recently took delivery of my 2020 Gator Gladiator that I had AMW4X4 build for me. If you are planning one of these swaps I can't say enough good things about this company. I've been burned really bad before but the owner Jared is a stand up guy and really set me at ease. My only disappointment was that I couldn't fly up to hang out with the guys and pick it up in person. Call and ask for Ethan this guy works his ass off loves what he does and works with you every step of the way.

20211207_153021~2.jpg

20211207_152959.jpg

20211207_152935.jpg

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Recently took delivery of my 2020 Gator Gladiator that I had AMW4X4 build for me. If you are planning one of these swaps I can't say enough good things about this company. I've been burned really bad before but the owner Jared is a stand up guy and really set me at ease. My only disappointment was that I couldn't fly up to hang out with the guys and pick it up in person. Call and ask for Ethan this guy works his ass off loves what he does and works with you every step of the way.

Jeep Gladiator My 6.4L HEMI Gladiator conversion 70EC4134-3DD1-4328-B2E1-BC95945FA1CC

Jeep Gladiator My 6.4L HEMI Gladiator conversion 70EC4134-3DD1-4328-B2E1-BC95945FA1CC

All the trucks in this thread make me drool, this one included, nice job! What wheels are those? They are absolutely perfect on your Jeep.

Sponsored

EdgeMan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The swap for the 6.4 or 6.2, did you guys have to add in new axels? I'm talking to a dealership that works directly with AMW, and I'm looking at doing a Manual Gladiator build with the Hellcat.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
The swap for the 6.4 or 6.2, did you guys have to add in new axels? I'm talking to a dealership that works directly with AMW, and I'm looking at doing a Manual Gladiator build with the Hellcat.
Depends on the tires you are planning to run. I am on stock axles with upgraded shafts and the 6.4L currently running 38 trail grapplers. That’s the setup for next season and will see after that. I think you are fine on upgrades stock axles up to 38s if not doing burnouts all the time. 40s and up I will do axles (and gears needed then too)

EdgeMan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the tires you are planning to run. I am on stock axles with upgraded shafts and the 6.4L currently running 38 trail grapplers. That’s the setup for next season and will see after that. I think you are fine on upgrades stock axles up to 38s if not doing burnouts all the time. 40s and up I will do axles (and gears needed then too)
Yeah this will use 35 or max 37s! Thanks!

EdgeMan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did run 35s for most of the year. It’s so snappy with the little tires :). That being said if you plan to crawl with it go 37s right away
Wont do any crawling, just want something to whoop a raptor/TRXs butt. Only off roading I'll do is some dunes here on Cape Cod.

I might take it out west, but again nothing hardcore.

Sponsored

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Wont do any crawling, just want something to whoop a raptor/TRXs butt. Only off roading I'll do is some dunes here on Cape Cod.

You in MA ? Where ?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow

Good luck, Raptor and TRX are made for dunes, going to have to do some major work to get suspension even close to either on a JT.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Good luck, Raptor and TRX are made for dunes, going to have to do some major work to get suspension even close to either on a JT.
not that much really. upgrade knuckles, hydraulic bump stops and proper valved shocks. If you would build off the Mojave you would need much actually other than the power plant and maybe hydraulic bump stops.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
not that much really. upgrade knuckles, hydraulic bump stops and proper valved shocks. If you would build off the Mojave you would need much actually other than the power plant and maybe hydraulic bump stops.
Not sure how much travel the JT has but the Raptor and TRX are around 14” and can adjust of the fly in real time to the conditions it is being used in.
Sponsored