Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
New stuff on order:
Nitro Trail Grapplers M/T 37x12.5
RCV and Yukon axle shafts for the D44s
Rock Krawler 3-inch pro lift
Falcon 3.3 SP2 shocks all around
Falcon steering stabilizer

should all be completed within 6 months with the current wait times on shocks and lift.
Very nice! Going to be looking and sounding good here shortly!
Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds so sick

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Thought I post a short update here as i was reading through some of my previous posts in this thread - I was not a happy camper then. Sorry about the negativity - that doesn’t help anyone.

having had the HEMI now for half a year I am nothing but in love. The power is incredible. Especially on the trails and water crossings. It’s like cheating. Doors off and roof off is also nothing short of pure fun. Mileage has settled on 13MPG for town and 16 highway so decent.I still have the drone at 1800 with my setup but it doesn’t bother me at this point.
I am going to put 37s on and swap the axle shafts so curious to see what that does.
I am planning to contact the fine folks at AMW on a custom dual exhaust option similar to what they have for the 392 from the factory. Hey could make use of the start stop button eh ? Anyone on the fence do it. It’s worth every penny and do it with AMW !!!
I'm sure it was mentioned elsewhere in the thread. How much are you all in for the 392 swap? My JTR is paid for and my salesman at my local jeep dealer told me they are expecting to start taking orders for the 392 Gladiator End of DEC or early Jan. Just not sure I want another payment. Thiniing a swap may be better...even if I only do a 5.7L like my JKU.

Sponsored

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Video sounds awesome!!

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I'm sure it was mentioned elsewhere in the thread. How much are you all in for the 392 swap? My JTR is paid for and my salesman at my local jeep dealer told me they are expecting to start taking orders for the 392 Gladiator End of DEC or early Jan. Just not sure I want another payment. Thiniing a swap may be better...even if I only do a 5.7L like my JKU.
Your salesman is wrong. Jeep stated earlier this year that a 392 Gladiator is not even in consideration right now.

I have the 5.7 swap and wouldn't go that route. You would want the 392 as a minimum. Mine goes back very soon for a Hellcat upgrade. Should have been in this month but the PCM shortage is hitting these guys too.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
That was AWESOME! I am hoping mine has a respectable growl once I fit new exhaust. Fair chance it could sound like a broken GM sedan from the early 90s😔

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your salesman is wrong. Jeep stated earlier this year that a 392 Gladiator is not even in consideration right now.

I have the 5.7 swap and wouldn't go that route. You would want the 392 as a minimum. Mine goes back very soon for a Hellcat upgrade. Should have been in this month but the PCM shortage is hitting these guys too.
I can't argue as to what the salesman said. He said he had just found out in the last few days from his regional 'guy'.
I'm curious as to what issues you have found with the 5.7L? Not enough bang for the buck?

Sponsored

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
the swap is around 35K I think plus lift if you don't have a lift. the 6.4L drives really well on and off the road. It does not feel at all like too much power so I would recommend. I think it makes a ton of sense to put the 392 into the Mojave but curious if they'll offer it for the Rubicon as well. if they come out with a factory 392 Rubicon JT I may have to buy another one. Keep beating the shit out of the swapped one and baby the factory one ha ha

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Update on oil leak: looks like the filter housing adapter had an issue from the factory that let some oil leak beneath the O ring. I have to say Jesse from Rubitrux who did the install for me last winter was the absolute professional handling this issue for me and covered it all under warranty. Also took the time to support the local shop during the diagnostic and overnighting replacement parts once the culprit was found. Also AMW was advising in the background and I don’t think I could have been in better hands. big shoutout to Ratchets in NH as well. Those guys are legit and really care. Everyone did and I don’t think I would have received the same level and speed of service from the dealership for a drivetrain warranty claim- considering it took them 3 days to put the parking brake cables back into the clamp at the handle.

so for anyone on the fence with the swap thinking what about warranty: do not worry they take excellent care of you if there is a mechanical issue.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
had the beast at brookridge in Winchendon yesterday on an open run from the NEA. ran only blue trails and somehow ended up in the front. It was excellent and truck did really really well. one thing I am struggling with a little is throttle modulation and the torque converter sometimes kick in when its really not desired. I also don’t like the 4.10 gears with the 37s both on the road and off road so will regear to 5.13s. On a happier note I was very pleased with the 37s and once the RK lift is in I should be all set for my needs. will armor up a little too as I hit my oil pan yesterday and my factory skids are now slowly coming apart ha ha. so the build is almost done. if I get bored of running these type of intermediate to moderately advanced type of trails I will just get a buggy or something as no additional mods will decrease the wheelbase/ turning radius

Reactions: Mac

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I would be happy to look/work on your "tune". There is alot that van be done to the Hemi and ZF8 to make them more harmonious. The off the line modulation, can be a bit jumpy, and really does not need to be with all that torque. Also your toeque demand can be adjusted at cruise to probably make your current gears feel right at home. The current NVratio setting in the trans is probably set up for a something like a Power Wagon. Comes with 33s and 410 gears. So getting that wicked up a bit will make for much more improved response and feel on bigger final drives such as yours.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
5.13's? Are you going 40's eventually? I have 4.88's in mine and at 75 I am running about 2200-2300 rpm's with 37's. Thinking about going to 38's to drop the rpm's down just a touch at 75 mph.

Yeah I get that lurch sometimes also. More at driving on the street, when backing off to go around a corner then step on it sometimes it acts like it does not know which gear to be in and jerks. Have you talked to amw 4x4 about the lurch? They had mentioned to me that on some of the tunes they had the torque converter locking in 4 low and have since stop doing that.

I have been asking around about under armor for the v8 conversions and not finding anybody that has anything, so may have to fab something myself. I do not like that oil pan being exposed like it is.
Sponsored