Sponsored

My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I had a dude last week tell me that my truck was sharp and asked if the color was "baby shit." It's Gator.

OTOH, I had a young couple in a topless TJ pull up next to me the day before that and told me they liked my Jeep. I've had way more positive interactions than negative.
Ha! I used to get the baby poop comment about my Rescue Green JK! I guess the color depends upon the diet!
Sponsored

MYWIFESJEEP

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR SPORT CUSTOM
Vehicle Showcase
Damn dude, that is well played. All you have to do from today forward is print that post and you NEVER have to buy a sappy birthday or anniversary card again. Ha! Love the look by the way.
lol... been married 37 years. I know who butters my bread. Thanks for the compliment on the Jeep. Just awaiting the rear fenders from jcr... already have the front and both front and rear fender liners from them. I think it will be awesome when those are on.

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
Funny how Chrysler has a way of doing this. I had a Chrysler Crossfire back in the day - Chrysler skin on a Mercedes and I loved that "misfit"!

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
After I put my tires on, my fiancé and I went for a drive in the country with the top off. She’s a well educated, extremely intelligent girl, but she’s from a small town in N AL (Cullman) and she loves trucks and my Jeep. I intentionally had her drive and we ended up driving like 80 miles on backroads and she couldn’t stop smiling and saying that it drives like a dream. She’s always liked my Gladiator, but she’s fully on board now.
I’m waiting for that “it drives like a dream moment!” Glad you had such good day with the JT!

Rdmartin01

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon LE
Occupation
Business
37's with NO lift?
Right!
BFG K02 37 X 12.50 R17 ( ~10 pounds more then stock tires)
Stock Wheels
No Lift - No Spacers - No regearing
Full lock steering left & right, no rubbing
No noticeable performance reduction when launching
Goes to 7th & 8th gear on cue as it should.

Sponsored

Lost Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Toyota 4Runner
I’ve owned a lot of cars, SUVs, and truck. I’ve been very fortunate to own a lot of good looking vehicles that get compliments. This Gladiator is up there with the most compliments, but it’s crazy how polarizing it is. I get a lot of compliments, like a surprising amount. However, I get almost as many negative. Now most of the negative are not actually to my face, I hear them talking shit. A handful of asshats feel the need to tell me how ugly it is. It’s just weird. I don’t really care, it actually entertains me.

You guys experience this? I have a most stock Sting Gray Overland. It just has 275/70/18 Revo 3s, matching front tint, and blacked out emblems. Pic for reference. I love the look of it and I’m not trying to solicit compliments.

66D9C99D-2A74-4565-861C-E55651309055.jpeg
Same thing when I bought my Scrambler in 81. Just bought a Gladiator, as long as I like it, I'm good. Yours is nice looking.

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
I think there are two innate reactions at work here. First off, there is a certain expectation of what a pickup truck is all about. And it isn't a bro owner's ride, or even just a working dad, driving his truck to work at the software developer that employs him. It's a rancher hauling his cattle to market. An electrician showing up at your house to wire you new workshop. A job-site foreman checking work progress in a remote location. Somehow, I don't see Jeep successfully playing to that market in their advertising, though Ford, Chevy, etc all do. That elicits all of the negative reactions. But, contrary to that is the character and legend of Jeep over the decades. Even as small kids, we all stare at Jeeps as they pass on the street. There is an almost universal love for them, which attracts the positive, visceral reactions.

Yeah, you gotta keep an eye on them guys. ;-)
Gladiator, Jun 20, CP_171435, 12 Hours After Start.jpg
Exactly..."Yea but my full bed f250 can tow more and haul more bla bla bla...." which is like comparing an apple to a twix bar.

Aero_JT

First Name
Bosco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2011 Acadia SLT AWD, 1997 Saab 9000 Aero
Exactly..."Yea but my full bed f250 can tow more and haul more bla bla bla...." which is like comparing an apple to a twix bar.
Everytime when I hear comments like that (doesn't always sound hostile) I roll my eyes. I bite my tongue to not respond with "a base model minivan costs half of your truck and takes more passenger than yours. Why don't you get that instead?"

Playalistic

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I had a dude last week tell me that my truck was sharp and asked if the color was "baby shit." It's Gator.

OTOH, I had a young couple in a topless TJ pull up next to me the day before that and told me they liked my Jeep. I've had way more positive interactions than negative.
This is my Atlas. I get asked that all the time (for good reason haha).
Jeep Gladiator My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned. A4FDABD1-13D5-4D86-84AC-62C507DD22BE

Sponsored

mattwiwa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I’ve owned a lot of cars, SUVs, and truck. I’ve been very fortunate to own a lot of good looking vehicles that get compliments. This Gladiator is up there with the most compliments, but it’s crazy how polarizing it is. I get a lot of compliments, like a surprising amount. However, I get almost as many negative. Now most of the negative are not actually to my face, I hear them talking shit. A handful of asshats feel the need to tell me how ugly it is. It’s just weird. I don’t really care, it actually entertains me.

You guys experience this? I have a most stock Sting Gray Overland. It just has 275/70/18 Revo 3s, matching front tint, and blacked out emblems. Pic for reference. I love the look of it and I’m not trying to solicit compliments.

66D9C99D-2A74-4565-861C-E55651309055.jpeg
Actually, it's a real truck AND a real Jeep. Best of both worlds... :)
I can put half a ton of rock in the bed with the top down and doors off. If that isn't a real Jeep and a real truck I don't know what is. :)

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
I could see the Gladiator being used by a job-site foreman checking work progress in a remote location, where 4-wheel drive and a narrow vehicle would be best.

i had my Jeep on a remote worksite the second week I owned it, using it to haul a reel of heavy cable to a remote job site, and pulling it through a long underground install. The 4-wheel came in quite handy.
cheers

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Top hat, top drawer, top shelf, top of the morning to you too. Gladiators are tops, period. Hatred is a thin cover for extreme jealousy. Tell him not everyone deserves a Gladiator, but if he tries real hard, maybe he will become worthy.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I'm noticing a lot of shade from Tacoma owners.... Probably got regrets on their part. I almost made that mistake.

At this point, I'm too old to care what others think. I like it, it makes me happy. It passes the two tests I have with vehicles... 1. I look back at it when I leave it in a lot. 2. I want to spend extra money on things for it.
Sponsored