First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Ram TRX
Occupation
Own Tech Support Company
How long did it take for the dealer to complete the diag on this TSB for everyone? I’m going into day 3 and I feel them having two full days is plenty of time..
For me, I described my problem, showed them the TSB, someone drove it, they adjusted something real quick, drove it again, said parts were ordered.

Maybe an hour and a half? I had an appointment.
Sponsored

iGlad

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
socaljeepgladiatorowners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
For me, I described my problem, showed them the TSB, someone drove it, they adjusted something real quick, drove it again, said parts were ordered.

Maybe an hour and a half? I had an appointment.
my appointment was at 7a yesterday. Dropped it off on Tuesday night. Still no update. Super frustrating!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
How long did it take for the dealer to complete the diag on this TSB for everyone? I’m going into day 3 and I feel them having two full days is plenty of time..
I drove in with NO appointment, they were busy but a tech came forward and said if I waited he wanted to check it out. About an hour or so later, they said it needed the fix and ordered the parts. They were to be there the next day - Friday. I took it in friday and they later called and said the bolts didn't come in. Took until the following Thursday to get the bolts. I told them to keep it rather than me driving back and forth multiple times. I had other vehicles.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
my appointment was at 7a yesterday. Dropped it off on Tuesday night. Still no update. Super frustrating!
Yea I hear ya!

I dropped my Jeep off on September 1st because the back window of my hard top was leaking and for this steering service bulletin.

The back window was done that day, and my Jeep has been sitting at the dealer since then

I texted the dealer on Sept 9th asking for an update and they said the steering parts should be there on the 17th.

The 17th has come and gone and I’ve heard nothing from the dealer.

I’m incredibly frustrated and just want this done and to get my Jeep back.

On Tuesday it will officially be a month that my Jeep has been sitting at the dealer for this.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Im 29 pages behind in messages so if this has been addressed I haven’t read it yet. Im getting my box installed Monday and dont particularly feel like pulling the synergy brace. Had anyone had an issue with their dealer with leaving it on?

TheMuffinOfEvil

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Own Tech Support Company
Yea I hear ya!

I dropped my Jeep off on September 1st because the back window of my hard top was leaking and for this steering service bulletin.

The back window was done that day, and my Jeep has been sitting at the dealer since then

I texted the dealer on Sept 9th asking for an update and they said the steering parts should be there on the 17th.

On Tuesday it will officially be a month that my Jeep has been sitting at the dealer for this.
Are you in a loaner?

Either way, may be time to involve Jeep corporate.

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you in a loaner?

Either way, may be time to involve Jeep corporate.
No loaner. I was given the option to rent one of their vehicles when I dropped it off which shocked me.

For our Toyota through a different dealer... we had some factory warranty work that took 3 days and they immediately gave us a rental at no charge. I assumed that was standard practice but I guess not (at least for Jeep).

I’m going to call the dealership tomorrow morning and will figure out a game plan from there. Will for sure escalate things if needed.

TheMuffinOfEvil

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Own Tech Support Company
No loaner. I was given the option to rent one of their vehicles when I dropped it off which shocked me.

For our Toyota through a different dealer... we had some factory warranty work that took 3 days and they immediately gave us a rental at no charge. I assumed that was standard practice but I guess not (at least for Jeep).

I’m going to call the dealership tomorrow morning and will figure out a game plan from there. Will for sure escalate things if needed.
You are getting hosed for sure.

Might want to call and inform corporate of the situation before you tip off the dealership that you are going too.

A month in the dealership is a long time, in some states you are into lemon law territory.

Sponsored

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are getting hosed for sure.

Might want to call and inform corporate of the situation before you tip off the dealership that you are going too.

A month in the dealership is a long time, in some states your into lemon law territory.
Yea I’ve probably been too laid back with the dealership. I’ve tried to be understanding based on the fact that some dealerships are having issues getting the parts... but with the bad communication and coming up on week 4 of sitting there at the dealership... it’s beyond frustrating.

You’re saying it might be a good idea to reach out to Jeep corporate before I say anything to the dealership?

I’ve never had issues like this with a vehicle...

thanks so much for the advice!!!

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
coming up on week 4 of sitting there at the dealership... it’s beyond frustrating.
Yeah - they be charging you storage fee to offset the TSB work. Get Jeepcares involved ..

TheMuffinOfEvil

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Own Tech Support Company
Yea I’ve probably been too laid back with the dealership. I’ve tried to be understanding based on the fact that some dealerships are having issues getting the parts... but with the bad communication and coming up on week 4 of sitting there at the dealership... it’s beyond frustrating.

You’re saying it might be a good idea to reach out to Jeep corporate before I say anything to the dealership?

I’ve never had issues like this with a vehicle...

thanks so much for the advice!!!
Yes, for sure call corporate before anymore dealership communication. Give great detail about how long they have had it, why they claim its taking so long, and any other communication issues.

Make sure they know that the dealership offered to let you rent a vehicle from them and didn't offer you a loaner.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Yea I hear ya!

Why even bother leaving it there while parts are being ordered? Unless it is undrivable, just take it until the parts are there

Last edited:

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
Just got a called from FCA Canada.

They have closed my case and rejected the TSB fix due to the fact that I have an "aftermarket" lift it (Mopar 2" lift installed by GTA dealership).

Unbelievable. No words. I was also told this is a final decision and there is nothing I can do.

Way to go FCA Canada.
Sponsored