Sponsored

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yea ill probably call and have them look. If they complain about the additions ill just argue that I had to do something about the problem my self since they couldn’t fix it and the tsb wasn’t out at that point.
Yeah, but your reasoning has too much common sense...which dealers and most people are severely lacking in.
Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I called to inquire about it at Central Florida Dodge and the service department said they've been down this road before and there is no update. Extremely argumentative and said a TSB is between technicians only. LOL Looks like I will wait until others go through this to save the stress of dealing with complete imbeciles.
Check with Greenway jeep. Never heard good from cflj. Just like my nearest is gator jeep, but I hate them, so I'll go a lil further to boniface-heirs in Merritt Island.

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned
But it says steering gear. Is that what they call the steering box?
SUBJECT:

Improved Steering Feel

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves replacing the steering gear and updating the Electric Hydraulic Power Steering
(EHPS) software, if required.

Someone with a big brain want to explain the rationale for EHPS?!?
The steering gear is the steering box which is currently aluminum and will now be replaced with an iron box and the associated new hardware. The actual steering pump attached to the motor will stay the same but there will be a software update to control the already in place pump.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Hell ya, saving this thread! I may wait on mine a bit as the steering is acceptable right now, no large dead spot but definite wandering and having to correct if there's ANY deviation in the road. I'm still not really comfortable driving on really windy days because I'll still go everywhere.
Haha that is me. Mine is ok for the most part with some wandering and having to correct kind of makes a bit uneasy when in a lot of lanes of traffic can't let it get away from you.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Will this make the Synergy brace obsolete for the vast majority of drivers out there?
Yes. If you have it I would remove it and get the dealer fix. Eat the cost of money for the part that won't be worth anything and do the warranty repair vs the after market one.

Sergek9

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Check with Greenway jeep. Never heard good from cflj. Just like my nearest is gator jeep, but I hate them, so I'll go a lil further to boniface-heirs in Merritt Island.
I never understood why some dealers refuse to perform service for a TSB issue? They get paid from the factory and get points from a happy customer so why fight? Do they get bounty payments from @JeepCares per rejection??

I used to live up in MO and the Jeep dealers had no issues addressing complaints or TSBs; it's what kept me in the brand. However, from the time I moved down to CFL I've had to fight for everything; even for valid TSBs. I recall I brought in my Jeep GC for a steering wheel heating issue and Gator claimed there was no problem and it 'worked as it should'. I showed them the TSB at which point they said 'oh, that. Yea we'll fix it'

I had the sterring issue on my JT until I installed the FOX 2.0 TS stabilizer which made things better, but i'll definitely bring in my JT for service somewhere to get my current defective steering system fixed.

Shame on you @JeepCares. At these price points your brand shouldn't be acting as a low cost feeder and if it's your network then fix it! The Jeep name is what everyone sees.

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be following this. Mine definitely wanders a bit, and I still need to head in for the clutch recall anyway.

I'd love to see guidance from @JeepCares as far as how to proceed with this fix.

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
Just called my local dealership. They had not seen this TSB and want to inspect the vehicle first before committing to do anything. Supposed to take it in next week.

Sponsored

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Just called my local dealership. They had not seen this TSB and want to inspect the vehicle first before committing to do anything. Supposed to take it in next week.
Don't. The parts are not available yet, and the TSB does not call for an inspection. Let it sit for a while.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I'm still waiting on my MT recall parts to arrive. Took mine in 2-3 months ago and it's been crickets...figure when they tell me the recall parts are in, I will start complaining about my steering. I was towing an empty trailer (about 1200 lbs) a few months ago on the highway doing about 70mph when I heard a LOUD pop/ding sound. Like a rock hitting metal, but loud. It felt from that point on that I had lost my steering stabilizer. My steering has been sloppy. But I have no noise coming from any of the steering components and nothing seems to be loose. Before this incident, I would have just characterized steering issues as a Jeep thing having owned several...but now, it is definitely noticeable as "off"...I'll have to look at the steering box itself a little closer.

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
Someone with a big brain want to explain the rationale for EHPS?!?
The replacement of the old mechanical power steering pump with an electric power steering pump is a hybrid system (still uses fluid, unlike a pure electric system). The electric pump provides a better control over boost allowing different driving modes (I'd also bet it either is cheaper or boost fuel mileage slightly) . I've liked this system in other cars I've had with it. But they weren't Jeeps with a solid axle and steering box. They were independent front suspensions with rack and pinion.

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Just contacted a local dealer that I recently heard was pretty lenient on working on modified jeeps. Honestly the best guy I've ever spoken to in the service department. He was actually up to date on this new TSB. The best part, I asked if my Fox steering stabilizer and 35 inch tires will be a cause to deny service and he quickly responded saying absolutely not and that they are only looking at the issue in the steering box. I'm second in line to get it serviced once they have the parts available which I think he said sometime September/October.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to be really pissed off if an inspection is indead needed and an service tech determines if anything is needed rather that the owner!!!!

Where has Jeep Cares been on this. Hello are you there?
Sponsored