Sponsored

jayqwellin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow (Gobi)
I don't know how you guys are getting appointments so FAST. Here, my wife's Grand Cherokee is down with serious battery issues (likely caused by an ESS issue) and they can't even LOOK at it for 2 weeks! In the meantime we have a dead Jeep sitting in the garage for 2 weeks.
I told my wife that since it keeps tripping the breaker in my battery chargers she should NOT even attempt to drive it by jump starting it. Let it sit. She's without now.
And you guys get in in less than a week?
I had an original appointment with a different dealership before this one. Called last Monday and the appointment was for Wednesday. I cancelled it because it was over an hour away from my home. Settled for a later appointment with a different dealer in exchange for a closer commute. However, judging by this dealership's reaction when the TSB was brought up, I may just have to give the further dealership a try if this one denies service.
Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
My parts were ordered first thing Monday morning, and arrived today so not sure why some are having trouble getting them...
Appointment is for next Friday.(my next day off)

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone getting denied this fix politely asked the service manager “Might you explain why you are denying me for this repair?” I would also record that conversation. Play it back to them and politely advise them thank you for the explanation it will be helpful to my attorney as your explanation does not match the action that the TSB advises you to take. I would then follow it up very calmly with are you still refusing to perform this warranty work?

I have no time for idiot Service Managers. I may take the recorded conversation to the dealership manager first and give him the chance to correct the problem. Then I would just seek legal counsel. Most lawyers will write a letter for very little and in most cases it yields a positive result.

skubyact

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Actor
I'm surprised the TSB includes pull - the only thing I can think of is that they are including more than the JT in this - and, if the sector is too tight, it would want to be off-center as the over-center setting would be tight and it would want to move away from center in that case. WEIRD.

In any case - go for it. It should steer and handle FINE - if it doesn't there's an issue and this instructs the dealer on how to fix it - and they get PAID to do it! Easy money for them, IMO. No messing around - they complete a form stating you have steering issues, they get the parts, they replace them, they submit a form to get reimbursed, done. No hassle getting paid by you, no hour spent troubleshooting, etc. A TSB should normally be an easy source of money for them if the vehicle is still under warranty.

Glad_Sconnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to thank this forum for the continued information being available to myself (and everyone else), as the TSB posted here sure made setting up an appt. for the hopeful/potential fix very easy...in my case.

I have always had some concerns with my local dealer based on other people's interactions, but I walked into the service dept. and told them I wanted an oil change and a service to fix the steering, while handing them the printed out TSB. They looked the printout over for a few minutes, and checked their system for availability, and I now have an appt. for Wednesday.

Also mentioned the "aftermarket steering stabilizer" that improved, but didn't completely fix the issue, and asked if I needed to swap out the factory stabilizer for the service and was told that was a non-issue...truthfully believe without the printed out TSB, this discussion would've gone a little differently!

Sponsored

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
They don't even know what it is, I just said "the battery is dead and we need an oil change". They have no idea. It was a lady who simply does scheduling and she looks at a screen for openings. This week and next were filled up.
For all they know, they are doing an oil change and swapping out the main battery. I"ll tell them the full symptoms when I get to talk to someone who knows their head from a hole in the ground.
I never told her the whole story as I could tell - all she does is look at a screen to find holes in the schedule. Entry level secretary stuff.
Understand, when I called about my first appointment, I gave the lady a list of item, she read them back to me when I got to the service advisor 1 item, nothing else...

I actually impressed I got in so quickly and was done the next day in the AM,

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Going in next tuesday to get the new parts installed! Super happy since the dealer originally told me they wouldn't get the parts until September

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Question. I recalibrated my speedometer a while back, but I don't have anything plugged in like a tazer or anything. Do I still need to reset to factory defaults? It didn't change any of my settings. They shouldn't be able to tell.

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
Just got a call about the parts having come in here in Richmond BC. Bringing it in this upcoming Wednesday morning to get done and will report back. So definitely there isn’t an issue about this TSB is available in the US only.

I’m also thinking of having them install the adjustable Teraflex Alpine Trackbar while they’re at it. Not sure if it’s needed but I have it kicking around uninstalled anyway. I’ve got the Mopar 2” lift so it may be overkill but I’m hoping it can’t hurt.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
They don't even know what it is, I just said "the battery is dead and we need an oil change". They have no idea. It was a lady who simply does scheduling and she looks at a screen for openings. This week and next were filled up.
For all they know, they are doing an oil change and swapping out the main battery. I"ll tell them the full symptoms when I get to talk to someone who knows their head from a hole in the ground.
I never told her the whole story as I could tell - all she does is look at a screen to find holes in the schedule. Entry level secretary stuff.
Scheduling an oil change/battery replacement probably involves a different work crew than the mechanical repairs and they probably have oil changes scheduled pretty tight. Which dealer are you working with? I called my service advisor at Stew's yesterday to schedule the TSB and he said the new steering gear arrived today, but other parts (bolts?) are delayed. I fairly confident I'll get in quickly when all the parts arrive.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Im sure other have said this but im not going to flip through 24 pages to catch up! I know...im feeling lazy today

Had it checked at my dealer today and they’re ordering me the steering box. They had No issue with my steering upgrades and said the upgrades wont change the time it takes to do the install so it will all still fall under warranty work.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
Had it in for an oil change, tire rotation and update for the air fill warning. Handed them the TSB and had no issues. The asst-service manager called later in the day to tell me it was done and I asked about the steering and TSB. He had no idea it was on the ticket. I calmly explained my past visits and the new TSB. He said no problem he would take care of it because his JL sticks on full turns. I see a steel steering gear in his near future too. I just picked it up, new parts will be in about a week according to the parts manager.

My plan is to remove the Synergy brace then reinstall when completed. I don't want any issues with the install.

Nurse K

First Name
Karla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
RN
Honestly I’m not sure. I will inquire about this tomorrow when I pick it up from the service. I’ll send an update with the info and the driving experience this weekend.
Picked my Gladiator up today and drove 3.5 hours at speeds between 55 and 80 mph. The steering is very improved. Feels safer on the interstate with very little play compared to the 2-3 inch’s I was experiencing. I am very satisfied with the new feel. The dealership was very helpful and said to update them after driving it for a week. Mine got the updates and the new steering box. I took a picture of the part number sticker on the steering box and it is absolutely the new one listed in the tsb.

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
I'm dropping mine off monday. I called and kinda played dumb. I said I just did my first long highway drive and that as the day and jeep got hotter the steering got worse.(it did) He referenced the TSB almost immediately and told me he would have a loaner for me when I get there. I had talked to him about the steering before but just in passing. No previous service related to this issue. Mine always felt decent around town but the highway was a different story. Kinda inconsistent and crosswinds were very noticeable. Hopefully this will be helpful. I'm on 35s with a 1.5 leveling kit in a JTR. Will update.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Picked my Gladiator up today and drove 3.5 hours at speeds between 55 and 80 mph. The steering is very improved. Feels safer on the interstate with very little play compared to the 2-3 inch’s I was experiencing. I am very satisfied with the new feel. The dealership was very helpful and said to update them after driving it for a week. Mine got the updates and the new steering box. I took a picture of the part number sticker on the steering box and it is absolutely the new one listed in the tsb.
It is so good to know that this TSB is a real solution to what has been going on.
Sponsored