Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So after my dealer installed the wrong parts on my jeep, and I caught it when another forum member suggested that we check, I reached out to the dealer and to Jeep corporate for help ... I Informed them 3 weeks ago that I am going on vacation in late September and really need the part replaced as soon as possible ... And since it is a dealer created cluster phuck, I had requested that they expedite things for me ...

They originally gave me a date for the part to arrive of 9/24. This was great ... Since I leave on 9/28 ...

I called the dealer (of course no one called me) (That would be customer service !!! and taboo) on the 24th and of course the part is not in ...

So I called Jeep Cares ... Keep in mind I leave next week and did not cancel due to their assurance the part was to arrive on 9/24 ...

Here is the correspondence I got this morning from JeepCares:

"Good morning Thomas

At this moment dealership haven't got the part just yet
currently waiting on corporate parts to give me update
- for now Thomas i suggest to adjust the vacation time until further notice

thank you sir "

Adjust the vacation time ? My wife and I both have time off of work, we have hotels booked and are meeting with friends ... Yet they are rolling out 2021 Jeeps with these same parts ..

These guys are really something else ...

Ill adjust it until further notice ... I wonder if I can adjust my monthly payments until further notice as well ? Anyone think I would be successful with that ? As my vehicle sits ?
They don't get the working folks who have to speak up for time, and can't always adjust it. We had to speak up ahead for any time that involved more than 1 day and if someone else had already spoken for that time, you had to change yours. So you get it all set, book rooms, set things up with other people - there's no adjusting!
And in some places, vacation time must be between certain weeks or months. I had it easy - my boss even at times took over our chores if two of us wanted the same day. In a couple of cases me made me feel sort of bad for asking for the exact same time off - not by saying a word, but simply by saying "we'll be ok, you go......" dang it, if you need me here, SAY SO. OF course, I got paid back by having to clean up messes when I returned LOL
But anyway, the point is that many employment situations mean you can't adjust, you have it set and that's that. Take it at that time or don't go.
Adjust - funny. For me, it was normally for EVENTS on set dates - uh, if I adjust there's no longer a reason to go - the show is OVER!
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The original one is long gone I would guess ... Not offered as an option ... It was far worse than this incorrect one anyways ...

My dealer service department is not really known for going the "extra mile" or coming up with "creative solutions" ...

I didn't realize what they had done for a few weeks. So the original box is likely discarded Id think ..
Again, when you get that email "please tell us how we did" give the dealer all zeros. Nothing more.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Yea Iā€™ve probably been too laid back with the dealership. Iā€™ve tried to be understanding based on the fact that some dealerships are having issues getting the parts... but with the bad communication and coming up on week 4 of sitting there at the dealership... itā€™s beyond frustrating.

Youā€™re saying it might be a good idea to reach out to Jeep corporate before I say anything to the dealership?

Iā€™ve never had issues like this with a vehicle...

thanks so much for the advice!!!
Hello there, please know that our team is always available via private message to offer additional support during your dealer visits. We are happy to help!

Kathryn
JeepCares

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
Hello there, please know that our team is always available via private message to offer additional support during your dealer visits. We are happy to help!

Kathryn
JeepCares
@JeepCares - I did go ahead and send you a private message about an hour ago. Thank you for the help!

iGlad

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
socaljeepgladiatorowners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
So after my dealer installed the wrong parts on my jeep, and I caught it when another forum member suggested that we check, I reached out to the dealer and to Jeep corporate for help ... I Informed them 3 weeks ago that I am going on vacation in late September and really need the part replaced as soon as possible ... And since it is a dealer created cluster phuck, I had requested that they expedite things for me ...

They originally gave me a date for the part to arrive of 9/24. This was great ... Since I leave on 9/28 ...

I called the dealer (of course no one called me) (That would be customer service !!! and taboo) on the 24th and of course the part is not in ...

So I called Jeep Cares ... Keep in mind I leave next week and did not cancel due to their assurance the part was to arrive on 9/24 ...

Here is the correspondence I got this morning from JeepCares:

"Good morning Thomas

At this moment dealership haven't got the part just yet
currently waiting on corporate parts to give me update
- for now Thomas i suggest to adjust the vacation time until further notice

thank you sir "

Adjust the vacation time ? My wife and I both have time off of work, we have hotels booked and are meeting with friends ... Yet they are rolling out 2021 Jeeps with these same parts ..

These guys are really something else ...

Ill adjust it until further notice ... I wonder if I can adjust my monthly payments until further notice as well ? Anyone think I would be successful with that ? As my vehicle sits ?
Holy crap, i cant believe they told you to adjust your vacation time.......
Yea I hear ya!

I dropped my Jeep off on September 1st because the back window of my hard top was leaking and for this steering service bulletin.

The back window was done that day, and my Jeep has been sitting at the dealer since then

I texted the dealer on Sept 9th asking for an update and they said the steering parts should be there on the 17th.

The 17th has come and gone and Iā€™ve heard nothing from the dealer.

Iā€™m incredibly frustrated and just want this done and to get my Jeep back.

On Tuesday it will officially be a month that my Jeep has been sitting at the dealer for this.
What is stopping you from getting the jeep back and waiting till the part is in stock to bring it back in? I can only image the frustration on your end also!

Called the dealer again this morning and she mentioned there was a bulletin on this issue... Lady we already talked about that 3 days ago!!! lol hopefully the parts get ordered and Ill have my jeep back in the meantime. I might not have the issue as bad as others but it's noticeable and figure its best to replace it sooner than later.

Sponsored

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
Holy crap, i cant believe they told you to adjust your vacation time.......

What is stopping you from getting the jeep back and waiting till the part is in stock to bring it back in? I can only image the frustration on your end also!

Called the dealer again this morning and she mentioned there was a bulletin on this issue... Lady we already talked about that 3 days ago!!! lol hopefully the parts get ordered and Ill have my jeep back in the meantime. I might not have the issue as bad as others but it's noticeable and figure its best to replace it sooner than later.
@iGlad - My hope initially was that by leaving it there it would get done faster, and to avoid the hassle of having to setup yet another appointment, and having to coordinate with my wife on dropping it off again (this was the second visit to get the steering & back window fixed). All hope is now lost on that, and I won't make that mistake ever again.

I did reach out to the dealership this morning and I've been assigned a new Service Advisor (my original advisor is no longer at the dealership). My new service advisor is telling me that the parts won't be there until Oct. 8th or 9th. That's after they told me the parts would be there on Sept 17th, and that's after my Jeep has been sitting there for a month as of this upcoming Tuesday... so definitely pissed off at my new service advisors response and lack of empathy & eagerness to make things right.

I've messaged @JeepCares and just waiting on a response... I will likely pick it up unless by some miracle the parts just show up in the next day or so.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Im 29 pages behind in messages so if this has been addressed I havenā€™t read it yet. Im getting my box installed Monday and dont particularly feel like pulling the synergy brace. Had anyone had an issue with their dealer with leaving it on?
anyone that can save me a ton of potentially fruitless reading would be a real bro.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
anyone that can save me a ton of potentially fruitless reading would be a real bro.
Some dude in canada got a no go from fca due to a mod, the only one I saw but there could be others. Otherwise, mods are not the reason bros are being delayed, it's parts and imbecilic responses.

Jhall1981

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Assembly Technician
They don't get the working folks who have to speak up for time, and can't always adjust it. We had to speak up ahead for any time that involved more than 1 day and if someone else had already spoken for that time, you had to change yours. So you get it all set, book rooms, set things up with other people - there's no adjusting!
And in some places, vacation time must be between certain weeks or months. I had it easy - my boss even at times took over our chores if two of us wanted the same day. In a couple of cases me made me feel sort of bad for asking for the exact same time off - not by saying a word, but simply by saying "we'll be ok, you go......" dang it, if you need me here, SAY SO. OF course, I got paid back by having to clean up messes when I returned LOL
But anyway, the point is that many employment situations mean you can't adjust, you have it set and that's that. Take it at that time or don't go.
Adjust - funny. For me, it was normally for EVENTS on set dates - uh, if I adjust there's no longer a reason to go - the show is OVER!
I agree this is BS. I just made my 2nd attempt to get someone just to look at my JT for this issue. First time called and asked about the tsb and what I would have to do. Was told it had to be left with them for a few days to diagnose and then order parts as needed. Made an appointment a few days later as I knew the day I was free to drop it off. Today, I get there for the appointment I previously scheduled just to be told there is only one person that can look at it and he is not available. I would have to come back another time. Now I am supposed to be back next Thursday for it to be looked at then again when parts arrived. Total BS...

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
It would be easier just to do a recall that way they would be forced to fix it.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Some dude in canada got a no go from fca due to a mod, the only one I saw but there could be others. Otherwise, mods are not the reason bros are being delayed, it's parts and imbecilic responses.
I may just pull it off. Ugh

thanks!:fist bump:

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
@iGlad - My hope initially was that by leaving it there it would get done faster, and to avoid the hassle of having to setup yet another appointment, and having to coordinate with my wife on dropping it off again (this was the second visit to get the steering & back window fixed). All hope is now lost on that, and I won't make that mistake ever again.

I did reach out to the dealership this morning and I've been assigned a new Service Advisor (my original advisor is no longer at the dealership). My new service advisor is telling me that the parts won't be there until Oct. 8th or 9th. That's after they told me the parts would be there on Sept 17th, and that's after my Jeep has been sitting there for a month as of this upcoming Tuesday... so definitely pissed off at my new service advisors response and lack of empathy & eagerness to make things right.

I've messaged @JeepCares and just waiting on a response... I will likely pick it up unless by some miracle the parts just show up in the next day or so.
Is there another dealership nearby? If so, pick up your vehicle and leave the first one a terrible review. Iā€™m angry for you at how FCA is handling this; letting their dealers completely ruin the Jeep brand. They allow this behavior.

Xephyrious

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Technical Artist
I just got my Gladiator back after the TSB service and am very pleased with the results. I used to have about an inch of play in the steering wheel on the freeway at around 65. That made minor corrections more of a guessing game instead of providing me control. Now there is much less play in the steering. It feels responsive and tight. It's not quite up to my old BMW standards, but I love this thing so much more than I ever loved my BM.

I originally called a bit over two weeks ago, set up an appointment to have them check out the problem. The took about an hour and a half to check it out. They said they couldn't reproduce it but that they'd do the TSB service.

They ordered the parts and called me to set up an appointment only a few days later.

I took it in, only for them to call me back and tell me they were still missing some bolts. So I picked it up again.

They called a week later, after they received the bolts and set up a new appointment. I brought my gladiator in yesterday and picked it up today.

Aside from having to take in and leave my gladiator for a wasted day, I am a happy camper.

iGlad

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
socaljeepgladiatorowners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Update: Got my truck back, they are unable to order to part till October 23rd. Made a tentative date for install Oct 29th. (requested a rental for this and they confirmed they will make that happen)

Diagnostic (that took 2 full days) was a tech driving the truck 2 miles to confirm my claims.

JTFan_Tampa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator sport
A new TSB has been issued for improved steering feel in the JT Gladiator. Please see attached.

TSB: tsb-08-074-20-pdf.356442.pdf
I have an appointment scheduled to get my alignment since I feel my JT wanders too much to the right, as others have mentioned. Here is a video of my wander, I had a Lifted JKU for 10 years and a TJ before that, this should not be expected on a 2020 JT with the crazy markup price tag. Thanks for the post and I will be bringing this up during my appointment and hopefully they can resolve this as others have. Here is a video of my wander, Iā€™ll post a post fix video as well.
Sponsored

Attachments