Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I don't see how it's relevant. I have a 2021 that was built with the updated black steering box. Unless they came out with a newer version of the updated black steering box.
Didn’t realize they were shipping 21’s in September...you indicated you didn’t know the build date so I was just passing on to you how you can verify it for your JT.
Sponsored

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
I'm at the dealer now for my first oil change a 3100 mi. Showed them the TSB and I'm waiting to see what happens....I'll do an update.

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
I'm at the dealer now for my first oil change a 3100 mi. Showed them the TSB and I'm waiting to see what happens....I'll do an update.
Update...they are ordering me a new box...didn't even take it for a test drive. Of course parts are on back order and they will call when they come in. No hassel at all and they asked me what my symptoms were. Stated the wandering and won't stay straight without correcting. Happy to know that I will get the better box.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
This. All this.

I got a bit of runaround from my dealer. I sent @JeepCares a PM. October 19 they got me in for an eval, dealer said yes, it's the TSB. My Jeep went in on Monday (NOV 30) and it's done. Massive improvement in handling. I would tell anyone with the issue to just PM JeepCares and let them get on it. I worked with one case manager the whole time. He escalated my issue and followed up all the time. I did very little work to get this done. He even called me to let me know my parts were in before the dealer did. I hate to sound like a fanboy, but it's rare to see quality customer service. If the damn truck lasts I'll be a Jeep fan for life.

My selling dealer refused. Said that the Jeep was fine (they tested at low speed on city roads. Of course it was fine.)
I contacted @JeepCares and they referred me to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Cares. Their intervention really helped. I haven't been back to the dealer that sold the Jeep.
The new dealer (chosen with help from the rep at FCA Jeep) was excellent. The rep followed up; he expedited parts that the dealer was looking for. I had told the rep that Jeep was dangerous.

I think that was key to getting the work done. We keep hearing how long it takes to get parts. There is a waiting list at dealers. Reading the TSB every Jeep JL and JT qualifies for a replacement. The cost must be huge.

It's worth it.

Sponsored

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
This. All this.

I got a bit of runaround from my dealer. I sent @JeepCares a PM. October 19 they got me in for an eval, dealer said yes, it's the TSB. My Jeep went in on Monday (NOV 30) and it's done. Massive improvement in handling. I would tell anyone with the issue to just PM JeepCares and let them get on it. I worked with one case manager the whole time. He escalated my issue and followed up all the time. I did very little work to get this done. He even called me to let me know my parts were in before the dealer did. I hate to sound like a fanboy, but it's rare to see quality customer service. If the damn truck lasts I'll be a Jeep fan for life.
I’m having the same experience right now. Spoke with my dealer in mid October and was placed on a list. In a subsequent conversation they couldn’t provide a date for parts, they told me I was behind 3 others waiting on parts and it would probably be next year before my Gladiator would be fixed. I contacted @JeepCares, spoke with a case manager yesterday and I am now waiting on the parts that should be made available to my dealer within the next week or two. Having the case manager handle this has definitely made all the difference in getting the truck repaired ASAP or waiting on the dealer to drive the process...

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I had stopped by the local dealership about six weeks ago concerning the steering and they set up an appointment for them to test drive it on Dec. 1. I showed up for the appointment, yesterday, and after about a 30 minute wait, they didn't drive it, I was told that they had just ordered parts to do the repairs. I was told the parts should be in, in two to three days and they would call me when they came in.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Exactly. Let them do their job. I kept my cool. I was polite. I threw a bit of positive feedback at them and they hustled this thing out. My plan of attack for any future issues is one call to dealer. If it is not addressed, PM Jeepcares.

I’m having the same experience right now. Spoke with my dealer in mid October and was placed on a list. In a subsequent conversation they couldn’t provide a date for parts, they told me I was behind 3 others waiting on parts and it would probably be next year before my Gladiator would be fixed. I contacted @JeepCares, spoke with a case manager yesterday and I am now waiting on the parts that should be made available to my dealer within the next week or two. Having the case manager handle this has definitely made all the difference in getting the truck repaired ASAP or waiting on the dealer to drive the process...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. Let them do their job. I kept my cool. I was polite. I threw a bit of positive feedback at them and they hustled this thing out. My plan of attack for any future issues is one call to dealer. If it is not addressed, PM Jeepcares.
You know the old addage......
I found if you do your homework, go in prepared, matter-of-fact, logical, cool, and don't present yourself as a first time driver or truck owner - and they will have less reason to be defensive from word-one.
It's like any other encounter with people - you go in ready for battle, they see that and shields go up, defenses rise, even if there's no reason and they'd not normally do that. It's an automatic reaction in people.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I guess if everyone else is getting it done then I might as well jump on the wagon. I'm going In for my third oil change in a few days, what are the key things to mention so I can be prepared. I'll probably throw my stock Steering Stabilizer back on, that way it will make the steering feel a little less than what it is. I mean if they drive mine they may not want to do it but they have notes where I mentioned it at my last oil change in October, man I'm putting some miles on this thing. I told it wasn't bad and drove good then but I can say it's wandering a little and see what they say.

Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I guess if everyone else is getting it done then I might as well jump on the wagon. I'm going In for my third oil change in a few days, what are the key things to mention so I can be prepared. I'll probably throw my stock Steering Stabilizer back on, that way it will make the steering feel a little less than what it is. I mean if they drive mine they may not want to do it but they have notes where I mentioned it at my last oil change in October, man I'm putting some miles on this thing. I told it wasn't bad and drove good then but I can say it's wandering a little and see what they say.
Just repeat the wording in the TSB.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Just repeat the wording in the TSB.
That's what I did a while back (showed them the TSB and said I was concerned about the way it wandered) and they ordered the parts right away. I got a call on Tuesday that my parts were in, and I'm having it done tomorrow. No issues with any sorry of push-back from my dealer.

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
Dealership is getting Steering boxes for those of us that @JeepCares escalated, box is assigned to the vin number so the dealer can only use it on that vehicle. My box is sitting at the dealership. Problem is, they are not getting the bolts - so the bolts are on the normal order process/waitlist. Apparently they can't escalate the bolts. My 2nd level @JeepCares person was helpful, but I haven't had any update from her this week-even after me trying to contact her a number of times.
its a bit of a cluster#@*# right now.

And with the scale of this issue, this dealership has 50 people on the waitlist right now.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Dealership is getting Steering boxes for those of us that @JeepCares escalated, box is assigned to the vin number so the dealer can only use it on that vehicle. My box is sitting at the dealership. Problem is, they are not getting the bolts - so the bolts are on the normal order process/waitlist. Apparently they can't escalate the bolts. My 2nd level @JeepCares person was helpful, but I haven't had any update from her this week-even after me trying to contact her a number of times.
its a bit of a cluster#@*# right now.

And with the scale of this issue, this dealership has 50 people on the waitlist right now.
That was the issue with mine - steering gear came in on a Friday, the bolts the following Thursday - and now the wait can be even longer as you are finding, unfortunately. They are bolts! You'd think that it shouldn't be too hard to get these, even though they aren't hardware store stock, they are still rolled out by the hundreds of thousands at a time.
Sponsored