Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting! Thanks for that. My dealer said if the Mopar lift goes on, the TSB won't unless I pay for it.... @JeepCares ??
Sometimes I question the background and training of the people that stand between you and the people who DO the work. I have yet to see a "service writer" who actually could diagnose or fix anything and yet they make so many decisions as to what they will or won't do.
In this case, Jeep has spelled it out for them, clearly, and highlighted to get their attention - and yet........

the more I see the more I wish I had taken that service manager position when it was offered to me all those years ago. On the other hand, maybe not as I doubt I could have handled the idiocy out there.
Sponsored

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got the steering TSB work done last week and it is worthwhile. Much less correction is needed with that center dead zone.

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
If it has the black steering box it should not need the tsb....that should be the new box. I am going to guess maxed out tire pressures from shipment.
By any chance, do you have a photo of the new box? I ordered my Gladiator in Nov & received it on Dec. I was curious if I got the new box.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
By any chance, do you have a photo of the new box? I ordered my Gladiator in Nov & received it on Dec. I was curious if I got the new box.
No need to look 2021 has it. ANY JT made after about August 14th, 2020 will have it.

2021 model year - no need to look, no need for pictures, you have the cast steel steering gear.

Sponsored

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
No need to look 2021 has it. ANY JT made after about August 14th, 2020 will have it.

2021 model year - no need to look, no need for pictures, you have the cast steel steering gear.

I was just about to quote you, @ShadowsPapa . Thank you for the photos you posted pointing to where it was. Also, thank you, @PyrPatriot & @salsadoc .

Would it be a reasonable assumption to say it doesn't need to be reflashed, if it has the new part?

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Spoke to local dealer....Fields in Sanford. First the service guy I spoke too claimed no knowledge of the TSB....told him I could email it to him...since I am sure using google might strain his brain. Then he said they would need the vehicle overnight to inspect...then and only then would they proceed with ordering the parts...

So who knows how many trips that would take....besides I am sure they would find nothing wrong.

Knock one of the list.

I do not think there is any business type out there more clueless, dishonest and downright insulting than car dealers....including insurance companies which says alot.

Kinda sad that in addition to having to buy out of state to get a good deal...from a non BS dealer. I might actually have to go back for service =P

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Spoke to local dealer....Fields in Sanford. First the service guy I spoke too claimed no knowledge of the TSB....told him I could email it to him...since I am sure using google might strain his brain. Then he said they would need the vehicle overnight to inspect...then and only then would they proceed with ordering the parts...

So who knows how many trips that would take....besides I am sure they would find nothing wrong.

Knock one of the list.

I do not think there is any business type out there more clueless, dishonest and downright insulting than car dealers....including insurance companies which says alot.

Kinda sad that in addition to having to buy out of state to get a good deal...from a non BS dealer. I might actually have to go back for service =P
I feel for you guys. My dealer was very laid back about it.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I was just about to quote you, @ShadowsPapa . Thank you for the photos you posted pointing to where it was. Also, thank you, @PyrPatriot & @salsadoc .

Would it be a reasonable assumption to say it doesn't need to be reflashed, if it has the new part?
You're welcome. I think the dealership had to flash/update the software for the new part but I'd have to check the TSB to see if it was part of the instructions. The CEL came on and they ended up replacing the throttle body, idk why.

Also I just noticed the steering is very tight now. A SMALL turn of the steering wheel causes an ever so slight, almost unnoticeable turn of the wheels. I thought something was off with my alignment with one wheel, steering wheel LOOKED centered, but with the engine off, me trying to turn heavy 35" mud terrain ties, the "effect" of one tire looking as if it were turned more outward than the other switched to the opposite tire. Reverse turning brought it back.

Notice the passenger wheel looks straight ahead but driver side looks pointing ever so slightly out?

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 92587275-AE8C-407E-8530-BFC0C3CF1241

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 98D53239-1F10-4274-9D13-133B37FE8036

Turning the steering wheel towards passenger from this position, and engine off it barely budged, caused the opposite effect
Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") C059F3EA-AB74-4C3A-836F-9159974F6F28

Maybe Im just imagining things

Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Dealer did my TSB today and noted that my wheel diameter isn’t accurate.

My wheel diameter was set correctly before I took delivery (Travis @ Tri-City).

Is there a chance they could have reset my wheel diameter to defaults when performing the TSB?

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
My new gear was ordered in september and I'm still waiting...how long did you all have to wait for it?

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
You're welcome. I think the dealership had to flash/update the software for the new part but I'd have to check the TSB to see if it was part of the instructions. The CEL came on and they ended up replacing the throttle body, idk why.

Also I just noticed the steering is very tight now. A SMALL turn of the steering wheel causes an ever so slight, almost unnoticeable turn of the wheels. I thought something was off with my alignment with one wheel, steering wheel LOOKED centered, but with the engine off, me trying to turn heavy 35" mud terrain ties, the "effect" of one tire looking as if it were turned more outward than the other switched to the opposite tire. Reverse turning brought it back.

Notice the passenger wheel looks straight ahead but driver side looks pointing ever so slightly out?

92587275-AE8C-407E-8530-BFC0C3CF1241.jpeg

98D53239-1F10-4274-9D13-133B37FE8036.jpeg

Turning the steering wheel towards passenger from this position, and engine off it barely budged, caused the opposite effect
C059F3EA-AB74-4C3A-836F-9159974F6F28.jpeg

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 9C1A7D86-2EAB-43E3-807A-F791E8B1D533

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 9C1A7D86-2EAB-43E3-807A-F791E8B1D533

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
mine looks the same .. I thought it a bit odd but it tracjs straight and no issues
Sponsored