Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Count me into this group as well. Feel like I'm in limbo with this thing. They couldn't find an issue when I brought it in before the TSB. Now after the TSB it's no better. Why should I bother bringing it back? Really frustrating.
If you're running larger tires, or wheel it at all, have them go over all the tie rod ends (drag link and tie rod). I found one of mine is bad (pitman arm end) with only 17K on the clock, and I may upgrade to 1-ton steering components if the OEM parts don't take the play out. I am trying everything I can think of while it's still under warranty.
Sponsored

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I want to get this done, but I am on the fence, just due to the fact that my aluminum one isnt terrible by any means, but if theres a better performing part that should be in place, id like to get it, but at this point why? when there are mixed reviews.
I thought mine was "not terrible." Is that really what you want in a steering system? Not terrible?

For me the improvement was dramatic, and it made me realize that my factory steering was, in fact, terrible.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I thought mine was "not terrible." Is that really what you want in a steering system? Not terrible?

For me the improvement was dramatic, and it made me realize that my factory steering was, in fact, terrible.

when I first bought it with the high psi factory tires, it was a little off on the test drive and the 1 hour drive home, but now that I have 35's and correct PSI etc, it honestly drives fine. I dont really have to do any drive correcting while driving, not like i did when i first bought it and during the test drive.

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner
I want to get this done, but I am on the fence, just due to the fact that my aluminum one isnt terrible by any means, but if theres a better performing part that should be in place, id like to get it, but at this point why? when there are mixed reviews.
If your happy with the way it drives, I would leave it alone. There are quite a few of us that have the new one and have major wandering issues. In some cases it has made it worse.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Truth. I have the new gear sitting in a box in my garage and now I cannot decide if I want to get it installed. I have the synergy brace also ready to install. I may just do the brace and see if thereā€™s much improvement. I donā€™t think mine is horrible but if it was tighter that would be worthwhile.

Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
After gearbox installed I would check torque on the frame bolts, and the shaft bolt. My shaft bolt was under-torqed by 10lbs.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I will reach out again today. Last time I reached out was on the 3rd of April and was told it should be in on the 6th. Nothing since.
Sounds good, Br4hm4. If you need assistance, we're in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Count me into this group as well. Feel like I'm in limbo with this thing. They couldn't find an issue when I brought it in before the TSB. Now after the TSB it's no better. Why should I bother bringing it back? Really frustrating.
Sorry to hear this! If you decide to return to the dealer, we can certainly assign a case manager to work alongside you during appointments. Send us a private message to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

We understand your hesitation here, 93civej1. If you decide to proceed and would like an extra layer of support, you can reach out to us in private message!

Kate
Jeep Cares

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Local dealership should be getting my parts in today and hopefully have me in tomorrow for the update. We'll see how this goes...

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
If you're running larger tires, or wheel it at all, have them go over all the tie rod ends (drag link and tie rod). I found one of mine is bad (pitman arm end) with only 17K on the clock, and I may upgrade to 1-ton steering components if the OEM parts don't take the play out. I am trying everything I can think of while it's still under warranty.
Stock Tires on slightly wider wheels and no wheeling yet.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Mine was not as terrible as some have reported with the original aluminum box, but it is definitely better with the iron box.

Sponsored

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Mine was not as terrible as some have reported with the original aluminum box, but it is definitely better with the iron box.
So weird how so may have that experience and others have my experience.

Demetrius

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Given the choice, I would roll back the hands of time and be happy with my original aluminum steering setup. I expected some improvement. It is a push at best and I feel is has a dead spot that I never had before. It wanders at highway speeds. I'll be back in touch with my dealer for a try for the third repair (wrong part jku box, TSB recommended part). Please understand, I love my JT and my dealer is cooperating, but this vehicle doesn't drive like something designed and produced in 2020.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Given the choice, I would roll back the hands of time and be happy with my original aluminum steering setup. I expected some improvement. It is a push at best and I feel is has a dead spot that I never had before. It wanders at highway speeds. I'll be back in touch with my dealer for a try for the third repair (wrong part jku box, TSB recommended part). Please understand, I love my JT and my dealer is cooperating, but this vehicle doesn't drive like something designed and produced in 2020.
Hey, Demetrius. Our team would like to discuss your situation further. Send us a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
At about a month after now, I'm pretty happy with it. It doesn't feel much different around town but there's a noticeable improvement at higher speeds and it's a firmer feel in parking lot maneuvers.

All that said, mine wasn't that bad when this was announced but I noticed it got worse over time - especially in the wind and especially at the significantly higher speeds on the freeway here in the west than I was seeing rarely on the east coast. Way less wandering and pretty typical Jeep dead spot now.

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Got my Jeep back yesterday afternoon, so far thereā€™s a slightly firmer feel in the steering and Iā€™m not having to pull to the right like I was before. Worth getting the TSB done.
Sponsored