First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
@JeepCares My local deal was supposed to order parts for this over three weeks ago. Do we know if there is a back order? I was told parts would be here this past Tuesday but never got a call about it from my dealership.
Sponsored

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
jeep cares is helping with my dealership with this issue. my wife won't drive it on the highway after the first time. i don't think it's too bad, but i am probably used to it. there is no death wobble but a frim grip and total concentration is often needed. i was told that they would have the part ordered and notified when it was in.

the dealership is now saying that they would need to take it in and look at it and replicate the issue before ordering the part. what should i do?

Demetrius

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Mopar 68088485AB
I am not seeing great improvement from my original aluminum steering box. Highway speeds make the steering dead spot more noticeable. Is there an additional adjustment that can be made to reducing the wandering while holding the steering wheel steady? My JT handled highways and interstates better before my dealer performed the "steering" fix.

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
I am not seeing great improvement from my original aluminum steering box. Highway speeds make the steering dead spot more noticeable. Is there an additional adjustment that can be made to reducing the wandering while holding the steering wheel steady? My JT handled highways and interstates better before my dealer performed the "steering" fix.
same-- replaced the steering box-- got it back from dealer and it just didnt seem any different...still wanders
will send my vin to jeep cares to see if that helps get things fixed. note that i am not bitching about the service (they replaced the box with no arguing), i am just disappointed it really didnt fix the issue as expected.

Sponsored

Canuck33

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
same-- replaced the steering box-- got it back from dealer and it just didnt seem any different...still wanders
will send my vin to jeep cares to see if that helps get things fixed. note that i am not bitching about the service (they replaced the box with no arguing), i am just disappointed it really didnt fix the issue as expected.
Good luck with @JeepCares as all they did for me was ask if they can set up another service appointment at the same dealer who said they fixed the problem four times already....

Bookem.Dano.Bookem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator North, Ducati Scrambler
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
@JeepCares, the dealer inspected the tie rod ends and confirmed that the inner drag link end is bad. Parts are ordered, and I have an appointment for this coming Wednesday to have it replaced and aligned.

Thank you for following up with this.
Impressive! I'm being told I cannot get in to the dealer until May 3rd at the earliest...

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
@JeepCares, the dealer inspected the tie rod ends and confirmed that the inner drag link end is bad. Parts are ordered, and I have an appointment for this coming Wednesday to have it replaced and aligned.

Thank you for following up with this.
No problem! Keep us updated and if you need assistance, we are in private message!

Kate
Jeep Cares

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
@JeepCares My local deal was supposed to order parts for this over three weeks ago. Do we know if there is a back order? I was told parts would be here this past Tuesday but never got a call about it from my dealership.
I don't believe there is, Br4hm4. Have you followed up with the dealer recently? Send our team a private message and we can certainly dig in further with you.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Mark441

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
After waiting since November, and hearing"the parts are on hold, the parts are not available, blah blah blah", I finally got the TSB done today. A night and day difference! Much stiffer and no more +/- 5 degrees of constantly correcting. The steering now is actually like that of my wife's Grand Cherokee.

Yes, I'm a happy man!

Sponsored

LAGladiator

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Dealership stripped the bolts on mine. Took three weeks to get the gear box and appointment set. They do the swap with no problem. I get home, a week later climb under the jeep to check things out before a road trip and both bottom bolts attaching the gear box to the frame are loose enough for me to spin by hand. Bring out a wrench only to find that both bottom bolts are stripped. Most likely the cast gear box threads are stripped. Baton Rouge, LA.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I don't believe there is, Br4hm4. Have you followed up with the dealer recently? Send our team a private message and we can certainly dig in further with you.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I will reach out again today. Last time I reached out was on the 3rd of April and was told it should be in on the 6th. Nothing since.

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner
Count me into this group as well. Feel like I'm in limbo with this thing. They couldn't find an issue when I brought it in before the TSB. Now after the TSB it's no better. Why should I bother bringing it back? Really frustrating.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I want to get this done, but I am on the fence, just due to the fact that my aluminum one isnt terrible by any means, but if theres a better performing part that should be in place, id like to get it, but at this point why? when there are mixed reviews.
Sponsored