Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
https://www.motor1.com/news/454976/jeep-gladiator-hybrid-v8-rumor/

"Not yet".

So for all of youze who just want a V8 Wrangler but are thinking about waiting for a JT version, don't. Just buy the JL version and show Jeep the demand is there!
yeah no way they would comment right now that this is coming for the JT. That being said I can get prob 35K-40K on trade in for my Rubicon JT when buying the 392 JT if it every comes. Dropping 35K on the HEMI swap still not looking super attractive. Damn I wish that was like 5-8K less.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
They didn't put the 2.0T engine in the JT because they said they couldn't keep it cool enough in towing situations and they know people will actually tow with a Gladiator.

They did put the EcoD in the JT, but they detuned it by nearly 40 lb/ft. To help a little with cooling?

Will they shoe horn a 6.4L V8 into a midsize pickup like the JT knowing that it's going to run hot, and knowing that people are going to try and use it like it's a Ram 2500?

I seriously have my doubts. I think this is a JLU engine only. Unless Jeep loyalists blow up FCA's mailbox demanding that they do it.

unixxx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Grand Cherokee SRT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
If they can't make the 2.0 turbo gas engine work due to cooling concerns then what makes you think they'll be able to shoehorn a V8 in there and keep it cool?
The cooling issues for the 2.0L gas and 3.0L diesel may be different. The gas may overheat due to its small size (lower heat capacity of the block) and its turbos (more heat radiating into the engine compartment). The diesel may overheat due to its larger size (less air flow in the engine compartment) and its turbos.

The 6.4 V8 wouldn't necessarily have these same cooling issues.

Last edited:

PJM86

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep CJ7, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Can you run 37” tires with 3.73 gears and a Hemi? Plus Car and Driver put it starting around 60k.

OP
OP
TheSolarWizard

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Can you run 37” tires with 3.73 gears and a Hemi? Plus Car and Driver put it starting around 60k.
the units they let the press drive had that setup

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
They should just put a V12 in the bed of the Gladiator and call it a day.

Maybe put a rack over the top of it so you can carry plywood (?)
Now you know someone will do that for SEMA 2021...

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon LE
I went to Jeep and built a rubicon the way that I would want it and added $9500 to the end of their price. If the rumors are true, that would put it around the $66k mark. Not bad...still expensive, but not bad. . I could be swayed to push the button at that price. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Cadpat7

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR Hard Rock 2016
Occupation
CDN ARMY
What’s the consensus on a manual? I feel like there is almost no chance given that the Bronco eco boost V6 can’t be had with a manual (such a disappointment) but how badass would that be!
NO manual tranny. Only Auto Trans. They had to re-jig the whole drivetrain, rear driveshaft is shorter, and there is no manual tranny in the current FCA inventory that will fit in there. Beside, this is the same reason why the 392 is not offered with the 2 doors JL.

At least you got the paddle shift. And they programmed it to work not only on the street but on the trail as well.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
They most likely won’t do a Mojave version. The V8 Wrangler is basically a MojaviCon. Now, just need the MojaviCon JT.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Well at least we were right about the Mojave steel higher hood, being built for a V-8 and now I need to talk to Benny and see what parts make my hood functional. Wife just said if they come out with a V-8 Mojave she's in, although I think I would rather the smaller V-8! I still think the Mojave is a candidate for the V-8 as it would then challenge the Raptor, the Wrangler Rubicon just threw done on the Bronco....Jack

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
......the Wrangler Rubicon just threw done on the Bronco....Jack

Lmao...damn sure did. That thing is very impressive.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
IMO it is pretty hard to believe they have a cooling issue with the diesel and turbo motor but can keep the 392 cool in the same engine bay rolling on big tires and most likely rated to tow 3500lbs.

OP
OP
TheSolarWizard

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
AMW4x4 has done around 9500 swaps and they seem to remain cool

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Great, it has to come with advanced safety, body color flares, body colored roof, and leather? I don't want any of those, especially the accident-waiting-to-happen advanced safety bullshit. Not to mention they put in a dual mode exhaust to boost the price on it, ugh. I'm glad I was way more excited (and still am) over the 4xe.

So I take it you can only get it in this 1 single "Rubicon 392" trim, as in no other trims offer it? I'd love to have something like this in the whole lineup and I could customize it instead of having all the other bloat crap in there for the price.
Sponsored