Oh snap there might be a DPF Delete now :D

Would you buy this ?

• Total voters

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I beg to differ... I have a 2011 VW Golf TDI and have deleted the DPF and EGR systems. The results are amazing to say the least. My horsepower went from 140 to 200, torque went from 210 to 300 Foot Lbs. and my average fuel mileage went from 38 MPG to 43-45. and the general drivability (ignoring the power and torque change) is massively better. And.. it does not smoke unless you really get on it. I fully expect the same sort of results with any modern diesel with a properly done tune.

When I get my Gladiator it will all come off. Yes I am lucky to live in a no test area... It is My truck, not the Governments... I have no contract with the EPA to force me to comply.
Key words in bold. You didn't get those gains from the delete, you got them from the tune. Removing and disabling those systems isn't going to give you anything substantial.
Sponsored

Brianb6603

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Toyota 4x4 pickup, 2011 VW Golf TDI
Occupation
Electronics tech
Key words in bold. You didn't get those gains from the delete, you got them from the tune. Removing and disabling those systems isn't going to give you anything substantial.
Again, I beg to differ... It is absolutely clear that the tune (stage 2) is where the power and torque magic happens, however getting rid of the back pressure (DPF) and recycled exhaust (EGR) is a prerequisite, you cannot put a stage 2 tune on an engine with the emissions controls in place. It just won't work. The GDE is a partial exception to the rule, but they have a Stage 1 tune at best. And they are really good at polishing a train wreck of a system.

Just to be clear, between my sons and I we have 5 TDI VW's (2 Tourag's and 3 Golfs) all deleted and tuned. and none of them smoke. they run flawlessly, reliably and are fun to drive. I would not change anything about them. If you continue to research, you will find that almost all of the Issues reported about the Gen3 diesel Jeeps (and Dodges) are related to the DPF/EGR systems. The overheating commonly reported is directly related to those systems in my opinion (yes, the radiator is too small). and we have all heard the horror stories of Jeeps stuck in shops waiting for new DPF's or related parts.

I am not advocating you or anyone else modify your Jeep in any way, if it works for you, please do whatever you wish, we live in a (almost) free country after all. I just think that it is almost impossible to even discuss this with some people who are not content to let me do what I wish with MY OWN Jeep. The EPA does NOT own my cars and I have no contract with them that would force me to comply to their rules. The problem is that most people don't comprehend that they DON"T own their Cars (even paid off ones). Look up Certificate of title. I DO own mine. However, that is a discussion for another forum.

Thanks for the discussion.

houseofdiesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
I don’t know why I feel the need to correct someone on the internet (maybe because it’s late? Maybe because this train wreck of a thread is entertaining enough to nudge along? ) buuuuut here I am, so, the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution applies to the relationship between citizens and government entities, not citizens and <checks notes, checks URL> privately-owned internet forums.
Government is deputizing and forcing the free market to do their dirty work. It's the USSSR blueprint for controlling the means of production. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
Again, I beg to differ... It is absolutely clear that the tune (stage 2) is where the power and torque magic happens, however getting rid of the back pressure (DPF) and recycled exhaust (EGR) is a prerequisite, you cannot put a stage 2 tune on an engine with the emissions controls in place. It just won't work. The GDE is a partial exception to the rule, but they have a Stage 1 tune at best. And they are really good at polishing a train wreck of a system.

Just to be clear, between my sons and I we have 5 TDI VW's (2 Tourag's and 3 Golfs) all deleted and tuned. and none of them smoke. they run flawlessly, reliably and are fun to drive. I would not change anything about them. If you continue to research, you will find that almost all of the Issues reported about the Gen3 diesel Jeeps (and Dodges) are related to the DPF/EGR systems. The overheating commonly reported is directly related to those systems in my opinion (yes, the radiator is too small). and we have all heard the horror stories of Jeeps stuck in shops waiting for new DPF's or related parts.

I am not advocating you or anyone else modify your Jeep in any way, if it works for you, please do whatever you wish, we live in a (almost) free country after all. I just think that it is almost impossible to even discuss this with some people who are not content to let me do what I wish with MY OWN Jeep. The EPA does NOT own my cars and I have no contract with them that would force me to comply to their rules. The problem is that most people don't comprehend that they DON"T own their Cars (even paid off ones). Look up Certificate of title. I DO own mine. However, that is a discussion for another forum.

Thanks for the discussion.
I like your spunk. But to be clear for others on here so they don't get the wrong idea....

The Clean Air Act (CAA) (42 U.S.C. 7401 et seq.) is a comprehensive Federal law that regulates all sources of air emissions.

There is no contract needed between you and goberment. It's a law just like the Fair Labor Standards Act, which dragged us out of the 1900's and stopped children working in factories. The difference between the CCA and FLSA is as a society most people think children shouldn't run dangerous tools.

Having your vehicle comply with a national law is your responsibility. You are just lucky to live in a area where the local enforcement isn't doing the work of national agents (Aka EPA enforcement officers). Technically speaking an EPA officer could come knocking and issue a warrant to inspect your Vdubs.

The reason they don't is simply man power/resources and probable cause (aka something has alerted them to your violation, ie you boasting on a public forum.)

(Side rant: the EPA has the same internet search tools you do, so they can easily look at forums make lists and tie users to real people for future investigations. And that time may come as they seem to have been emboldened in the last few years for more enforcement, right now they are picking the low hanging fruit with the biggest bang and focusing on MFR's and retailers who sell the equipment. Once that well goes dry there will be agents with nothing left to do but go after individuals in order to justify their continued employment. That's human nature.)

In 20 years from now, hotrodders will be buying tunes from mexican drug cartels and no different then the junkie sleeping in the park.......:LOL:

Sponsored

MALLCRAWLER

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
Government is deputizing and forcing the free market to do their dirty work. It's the USSSR blueprint for controlling the means of production. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Its also interesting how the most vocal itt are once again the minority

OP
OP
ThatStinging_Jeep

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah its a waste land out here with some of out very smart people we have

And to those who can simply understand and agree using simple common sense thank you
This aint rocket science out here where we testify on a nano fraction scale on how this and that and ect......sheesh

OP
OP
ThatStinging_Jeep

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
That really isn't as much a thing since everything is about weight now. Aluminum heads and pistons, special coatings, and all the other crap have drastically reduced diesel durability. In reality any engine will get you 200k these days and most vehicles will be falling apart before the engine wears out.

The greater problem with your plan is that I can absolutely see nationwide emissions testing becoming a thing as they start to push people to electric. Little reversible things are one thing but ripping out major systems for any reason might give you problems later.
correction i got less than 19k miles on my ecodiesel thats now going under a new motor swap so you were a bit optimistic on the 200k sadly🤣🤣🤣 Dealer is replacing it to be on the safe side of things by the way (will keep their location confidential)

Besides nothing bad will happen with having said aluminum heads as they provide better cooling compared to cast iron sure the cooling rates will differ when having both when it comes to having aluminum heads/iron block combo Also having the coated piston skirts will vastly improve the wear rate on the cylinder bores and im proof to that since im a persay "engine builder" I am always down to learn but i just wont let some smartass words get rolled around for people to believe

Give everything its proper maintenance and it will last ya but with these modern diesel engines its hard to apply that cause of the EGR just killing these new motors, Essentially its like breathing your own air and it getting dirty and having to breathe it in repeatedly, At some point you will fail or even die if you were forced too with no other option!

Im for sure gonna get a tune that reduces the usage on the EGR like the tune Dge makes, Since egr's is what kills diesels nowdays ,dpf aint too bad its just kinda of an annoyance plus my jeep isn't some big compound turbo 24v cummins that im building for either drag racing or mild street use, but rather just a humble little 3 Litre turbo diesel

For my case This is Just my fun little truck that gets used to wheel with the people either that being in Bridgeport OHV, or the park over there in Gilmer texas or simply to try and wheel in the wasteland of a park being Lonestar offroad and ect
Other than that its just a cruiser too :D

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver

MALLCRAWLER

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
The feds are doing too. They are tracking the so called gas filter silencers and reset triggers.
yes the atf has become a model for ever encroaching alphabet bureaucracy of all flavors. And like the push back the atf gets on gun forums, the automotive community should be standing up for itself as well. Bump stock ban was recently ruled unconstitutional using language that implies that the brace ban is as well. The forced reset trigger will likely fall into this logic.

The power of free speech when the community embraces it is still effective.

houseofdiesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
yes the atf has become a model for ever encroaching alphabet bureaucracy of all flavors. And like the push back the atf gets on gun forums, the automotive community should be standing up for itself as well. Bump stock ban was recently ruled unconstitutional using language that implies that the brace ban is as well. The forced reset trigger will likely fall into this logic.

The power of free speech when the community embraces it is still effective.

Yep I remember when the manufacturers used to sue the EPA for the consumers. Sadly Wall Street bought into planned obsolescence and now work hand in hand doing whatever the EPA says no matter how much it goes against physics, efficiency, durability, life cycle, or the engineering of all of the essentials.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Ironic, isn't it, that the A and the T kill way more people than the F, yet the F gets all of the attention?

Of course, crossing the Delaware in the dead of winter's night with booze and cigarettes probably wouldn't have had the same effect.
Sponsored