ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
So after some looking around ive seen that theres a Hp tuner Dpf delete,im getting my new ecodisel in about 2 months and ive got some parts inline for my new truck,and im pretty excited this came out
Lets see who buys it first :D
Jeep Gladiator Oh snap there might be a DPF Delete now :D Screenshot (349)
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Nope.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThatStinging_Jeep

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you donā€™t want to deal with a DPF, donā€™t buy a Diesel engine.
Alright now listen to me you little s#it......my bad šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
See the thing here is that I wanted the diesel engine because of its torque and fuel economy,2 it would outlast the gasser cause it's a diesel 3. If I can do a whole def/dpf and egr delete that would be awesome cause it would result in the motor being more efficient, run cooler if you could do a egr delete and of course make more POWAHH Babeh cause really.....who doesn't want more power and also you can get even more mpg's cause of what you done

Also if I can do a emissions delete theres less you gotta worry about cause of the additional sensors and all that fancy jazz and i could fab up a whole exhaust remove all that junk out and save weight and since I will actually use my truck and not leave it a pavement princess that could be in my benefit,but anyways not too come off as a dick dont say dumb close minded s#it it's like saying "if you dont wanna deal with catalytic converters dont get a gas engine"you also gotta think of what other people do/think :D

Last edited:

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
it would outlast the gasser cause it's a diesel
That really isn't as much a thing since everything is about weight now. Aluminum heads and pistons, special coatings, and all the other crap have drastically reduced diesel durability. In reality any engine will get you 200k these days and most vehicles will be falling apart before the engine wears out.

The greater problem with your plan is that I can absolutely see nationwide emissions testing becoming a thing as they start to push people to electric. Little reversible things are one thing but ripping out major systems for any reason might give you problems later.

treadmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR, 2017 VW Golf R
Alright now listen to me you little s#it......my bad šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
See the thing here is that I wanted the diesel engine because of its torque and fuel economy,2 it would outlast the gasser cause it's a diesel 3. If I can do a whole def/dpf and egr delete that would be awesome cause it would result in the motor being more efficient, run cooler if you could do a egr delete and of course make more POWAHH Babeh cause really.....who doesn't want more power and also you can get even more mpg's cause of what you done

Also if I can do a emissions delete theres less you gotta worry about cause of the additional sensors and all that fancy jazz and i could fab up a whole exhaust remove all that junk out and save weight and since I will actually use my truck and not leave it a pavement princess that could be in my benefit,but anyways not too come off as a dick dont say dumb close minded s#it it's like saying "if you dont wanna deal with catalytic converters dont get a gas engine"you also gotta think of what other people do/think :D
I am happy to deal with a catalytic converter, as it reduces emissions. Likewise the aftertreatment system for a diesel engine reduces emissions. The DPF in particular keeps the black carbon from shooting out the tailpipe. I donā€™t want to return to the smog filled air from my childhood. ā€¦and I want to reduce the global temperature trend. Gaining a few HP for an individual versus the impact on the many is not worth it.

The rise in temperature is impacting the places we like to visit with our trucks, such as our National Parks. So, I repeat myselfā€¦. If you donā€™t want to deal with a DPF, donā€™t buy a Diesel engine.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
That really isn't as much a thing since everything is about weight now. Aluminum heads and pistons, special coatings, and all the other crap have drastically reduced diesel durability. In reality any engine will get you 200k these days and most vehicles will be falling apart before the engine wears out.

The greater problem with your plan is that I can absolutely see nationwide emissions testing becoming a thing as they start to push people to electric. Little reversible things are one thing but ripping out major systems for any reason might give you problems later.
In WA state (of all places), we just dumped emission testing in 2019. The gains in better fuels, catalytic converters, and growth of EV/PHEV/PZEV vehicles was the given reason for the change. Our air quality has improved, despite the excessive growth in the past 30 years.

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Likewise I donā€™t want to return to the smog filled air from my childhood. ā€¦and I want to reduce the global temperature trend.
One of those people I see! Shouldnā€™t you be over on the Prius forum?
There is no ā€œtrendā€, only a cycle which weā€™ve not lived through or documented before. We donā€™t control or change climate by the vehicles we drive or type of fuel that we burn. Air quality, yes, we contribute heavily to that, but temperature of the globe, nope. We are not more powerful than God, or Mother Nature, or whichever higher power you believe in no matter what vehicle you drive.
If you remember smog filled air then you surely realize the population since then has doubled, or tripled, or more in some if not most areas all while the amount of vehicles has risen accordingly and the air has gotten cleaner.
And if you remember that air then you also remember we were all going to die from acid rain, or the Ruskies dropping the bomb, or the Ice Age that was coming in the late 70ā€™s, or the ozone hole that was going to cause us all to burst into flames, or any of the numerous boogeymen that the Gubment has tried to scare us into submission with. While I am a firm believer in leaving wherever you recreate cleaner than you found it, and that we as nasty ass humans shouldnā€™t litter and pollute like we do I also do not think we are more powerful than Higher Beings or the natural cycles of the earth. We are just in a cycle weā€™ve not experienced before, nothing you can do about it but crank up the AC.

OP
OP
ThatStinging_Jeep

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am happy to deal with a catalytic converter, as it reduces emissions. Likewise the aftertreatment system for a diesel engine reduces emissions. The DPF in particular keeps the black carbon from shooting out the tailpipe. I donā€™t want to return to the smog filled air from my childhood. ā€¦and I want to reduce the global temperature trend. Gaining a few HP for an individual versus the impact on the many is not worth it.

The rise in temperature is impacting the places we like to visit with our trucks, such as our National Parks. So, I repeat myselfā€¦. If you donā€™t want to deal with a DPF, donā€™t buy a Diesel engine.
Awwwwwww how sweetšŸ˜‡....now get you a Prius and save the planet

I'm happy as well with dealing with a dpf it ReDucEs eMiSiOns,but you can delete it and Save fuel, remember your technicaly using less fuel so it would translate to leveling less of the supposed emissions right ?
Unless your using your delete to roll tons of coal,wich is dumb to me in my opinion,since im just in for the power and efficiency of the engine that would benefit me and my truck :D

Last edited:

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I think you drastically overestimate the value of doing this and underestimate the capabilities of modern engineering. Catalyst delete kits and high flow replacements are almost non-existent largely because the efficiency today is unreal compared to what it was 20 years ago.

You will save so little doing this that I can all but guarantee the savings will never recoup your costs and your performance gains will likely be within the margin of error.
Sponsored