Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Am I missing something here? This thread started out criticizing an automotive worker for possibly neglecting to perform their job properly and rolled into hey you should be letting the dealership perform critical routine maintenance on your JT because it’s free! NO THANKS. I'll change my own oil and rotate my own tires for a few dollars rather than trust an automotive worker at a dealer who may or may not perform their job properly too. If you want a job done right, do it yourself!
I mean, honestly that's a good point. Yesterday my oil life monitor on the dash went into the "red zone" at 4%. It was 16° outside with a breeze and the last thing I wanted to do was work on the Jeep, but it takes literally 5-10 minutes to do an oil change on these. This is the easiest vehicle a person will ever do an oil change on. You don't even need jack stands.

Crawl under, pop the drain plug, let oil drain into pan, while it's draining pop the oil filter cap off with a 24mm socket, swap oil filters, screw cap back on, now oil underneath is finished draining so pop the drain plug back in. Empty one 5 quart jug from Walmart into the fill port.

The oil is $14.88 for 5 quarts at Walmart now and testing has shown it's very good oil. Mopar 349 filter is $9.97 at Walmart. I got it done so fast that I didn't even really get chilled in the 16° breeze. And I know it was done right.

Unless a guy lives in an apartment complex that prohibits it, most of us should be changing our own oil. It helps a person learn basic mechanics if they don't have experience, and it bonds you with the Jeep. It also saves money and hassle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Just a short update. I went on line last night and entered my info into the Jeep/Mopar system. Never did show the “Wave” program anywhere, might have missed it. Dealership sales guys said they could not confirm I was in the Wave program. So I just spoke with their service department and they could see me in the Wave system. Never got a Wave window sticker as mentioned in the post by member @Mightytalldude Thanks @Mightytalldude

Attn: @JeepCares still missing your reply comments. Is it really true that Jeep puts oil into our new trucks that is designed to last only 3000 miles? Why not put in a good quality synthetic oil that is designed to last 6 - 8000 miles? Thanks to advise/comment.

Oh and you might want to see my first post in this thread where I showed a picture of a valve and was not connected with my truck, had to have come that way from the factory, was not caught by my dealership either.

And finally @JeepCares please send me a PM about this. I would like to give you my VIN number and you then check it in the Jeep system. I really want to know if I have been in the Wave system since the day I took delivery of my truck or if I got into the Wave system only last night when I went on line and entered myself into the Jeep/Mopar system. I only found out about the Wave program due to the good members of this forum. Thanks

Both my wife's JL and my JT were automatically enrolled in the Jeep Wave program, received the packet around 30 days after purchase. The membership card will have your name and the last 8 digits of your VIN on the card, and a Jeep Wave decal to put on your windshield. My wife hasn't noticed or said anything as I have the decal on the bathroom mirror corner. ✌

BlurImage_21-1-2020-0-57-39.jpg

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
It's all probably synthetic or blend.. I don't think full conventional can hit 0w20 (yet).

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I am baffled by this. As previously advised I was advised by my dealership that Jeep put a semi-synthetic oil into my truck that is only good for just 3000 miles. I have this in writing from them. They texted it to me.
It's all probably synthetic or blend.. I don't think full conventional can hit 0w20 (yet).

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I am baffled by this. As previously advised I was advised by my dealership that Jeep put a semi-synthetic oil into my truck that is only good for just 3000 miles. I have this in writing from them. They texted it to me.
Your dealer was mistaken. All 0w-20 oil is synthetic. As mentioned above, conventional oil can not hit 0w-20 specs.

You seem like a good guy but what are you trying to accomplish but continually pinging Jeep Cares? Take a little ownership of your own vehicle and do a little research. The information you need is readily available if you take a few minutes to seek it out. The other forum members have even provided it for you in this thread.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey Tim I hear ya. But put yourself in my shoes. I obviously get bad info from my dealership. So I am just trying to get Jeepcares to confirm what is correct. They must have had the weekend and holiday off so they should chime on and confirm what’s what soon. This is not just for my info but is also for the info of other forum members as well.

Reactions: Tim

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
The manual doesn't even say the oil has to be synthetic just that is has to be 0w20, API certified, and approved to FCA MS-6395. If it meets those, the OLM should be fine to determine it's life. If the dealership says it's only good for 3000 miles they're either trying to get more oil changes out of people (what I'm betting) or using unapproved motor oils. If they're using an oil that doesn't meet the specs called out in the manual you should file a complaint with FCA.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
Hey Tim I hear ya. But put yourself in my shoes. I obviously get bad info from my dealership. So I am just trying to get Jeepcares to confirm what is correct. They must have had the weekend and holiday off so they should chime on and confirm what’s what soon. This is not just for my info but is also for the info of other forum members as well.
Seems like you don't need to be on a forum asking for advice then. If you don't believe the information given on the forum, and long for the holy FCA to guide you. I'm with Tim on this. So, your dealership is uninformed, we know that, happens sometimes when a salesman is talking out of his ass. Don't let that bust your confidence in you. Find the correct information (here, is a great place) and use that information.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @Proximo I use the good info from the forum members here(with thanks guys) and I supplement it with a confirmation from JeepCares. They also need to know that their dealership gives out bad info and that they failed to notice the unconnected line at delivery. Makes me wonder if they even opened the hood.

Hosstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
is the Jeep Wave program only in the US? I have heard nothing about it here in Canada (other than on here)

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
is the Jeep Wave program only in the US? I have heard nothing about it here in Canada (other than on here)
I do not think it is a thing in Canada. I remember this being asked on the JL side and it was a no for Canada.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Thanks @Hootbro for your info. Am signed up now.
Log in to your Mopar account and there will be a lot of info on the opening page, including the Jeep Wave in the bottom left. Mine shows 4 oil changes . Click around and you can find answers to your questions, and you can interact with the Jeep Corporate people.
What is interesting, the dashboard shows my next service , which is the first service, as 10,000 miles.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Good question. Dealership never told me about this. In fact I asked them just yesterday if Jeep put synthetic oil in my car (should get me up to 8,000 miles before I had to have my first truck change) or if they just used normal oil that should go up to 6,000 miles. And they told me that they used a semi-synthetic oil that is only good for just 3,000 miles. Will now ask the dealership why they failed to mention the free tire rotations and oil changes. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Hey @JeepCares how can I get these free oil changes and tire rotations? And is it really true that factory oil is good for only 3,000 miles? The Jiffy Lube people told me that a semi-synthetic oil should be good for 5 - 6,000 miles. Please advise. Thanks
Hi Jake,

Please send us a PM with your VIN so that we can ensure your Jeep Wave membership has been activated.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored