First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Just for grins here is the UOA from my Gladiator. 9.620 miles on the truck. 4,954 on the oil. Seems to be breaking in fine.

UOA Gladiator (Large).jpg
Sponsored

Osteodoc08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Looks good. I love blackstone oil analysis. Iā€™ll be changing mine soon at the 10K mile mark and will post mine if I can remember

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just for grins here is the UOA from my Gladiator. 9.620 miles on the truck. 4,954 on the oil. Seems to be breaking in fine.
I'll add to your thread, I looked to see if anyone had started a thread about Oil analysis.
So I'll add results for my JT.
Jeep Gladiator Oil UOA, M1 EP 0W-20 with 4,954 miles Screenshot_20220629-182204_Adobe Acrobat

Jeep Gladiator Oil UOA, M1 EP 0W-20 with 4,954 miles Screenshot_20220629-173724_Adobe Acrobat
Jeep Gladiator Oil UOA, M1 EP 0W-20 with 4,954 miles 20220629_183325

So now not to start a S### show on what oil to use. I've been using Valvoline Full Synthetic Extended Protection SAE 0W-20. It was the cost effective meeting specs. around $22.Ā°Ā° so that's what I've been using.
My LJ has been running on synthetic oil since I got it. I had a analysis of it's oil last year too, it's doing very well too. At over 250000 miles. :like:

jwolfejt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I'll add to your thread, I looked to see if anyone had started a thread about Oil analysis.
So I'll add results for my JT.

So now not to start a S### show on what oil to use. I've been using Valvoline Full Synthetic Extended Protection SAE 0W-20. It was the cost effective meeting specs. around $22.Ā°Ā° so that's what I've been using.
My LJ has been running on synthetic oil since I got it. I had a analysis of it's oil last year too, it's doing very well too. At over 250000 miles. :like:
Does valvoline meet the chrysler specifications ?I've been using pennzoil platinium (as thats what the dealer recommended and has the specific chrysler specification met/or exceeded (forgot the exact specification)).

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Besides price is there a reason not to go with MOPAR synthetic? I just did my oil change and used all MOPAR oils and filters just in that slight chance something happens and they wont cover it under warranty.

Sponsored

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator Oil UOA, M1 EP 0W-20 with 4,954 miles Screenshot_20220706-150949

This is Amsoil SS 0w20. The truck is mostly used for towing my boat and off-road trailer, which makes up about 75% of the mileage.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does valvoline meet the chrysler specifications ?I've been using pennzoil platinium (as thats what the dealer recommended and has the specific chrysler specification met/or exceeded (forgot the exact specification)).
As far as I know it's got the pentistar logo as meeting the specs... šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø and according to oil samples it's doing good. Now I have needed to add a qt to top off at over 6000 miles on this change the"Oil life meter" is at 30% left was at 35% when I topped off yesterday. Over 6 hours driving from my home to E. KY. towing trailer.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know it's got the pentistar logo as meeting the specs... šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø and according to oil samples it's doing good. Now I have needed to add a qt to top off at over 6000 miles on this change the"Oil life meter" is at 30% left was at 35% when I topped off yesterday. Over 6 hours driving from my home to E. KY. towing trailer.
That's about 1/2 ounce every 100 miles. Just over half a cup every thousand.
Pretty minimal.

MS-6395, as far as I know, most of the Valvoline oils meet that Chrysler spec.
And this is what Chrysler says about meeting M-6395 ->
According to Chrysler Group LLCā€™s document number MS-6395, any oils that apply for the MS-6395 certification must meet other prior requirements. Such initial requirements include all API engine oil licensing and certification system (EOLCS) requirements for ILSAC GF-5 certification.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That's about 1/2 ounce every 100 miles. Just over half a cup every thousand.
Pretty minimal.

MS-6395, as far as I know, most of the Valvoline oils meet that Chrysler spec.
And this is what Chrysler says about meeting M-6395 ->
According to Chrysler Group LLCā€™s document number MS-6395, any oils that apply for the MS-6395 certification must meet other prior requirements. Such initial requirements include all API engine oil licensing and certification system (EOLCS) requirements for ILSAC GF-5 certification.
Might be less oil sample was not counted for Blackstone lab. I didn't measure out a qt. gust topped off out of a 5 qt jug of oil until reading full on dipstick, added 1/2 qt set little time checked again then added some more waited few minutes then rechecked. In cross hatched, headed on drive, at my place I don't need to use ramps to elevate engine to put drain plug at lower angle. :like: not much close to flat and level. I bought a 24 ft portable building the front of it's on the ground the back end is on over 3ft blocks to level it. In other words I don't have a problem with standing water except when it's raining hard and then it's running off. šŸ˜³ later today or before I head out from where I'm at I'll check the oil level to see if I used any oil. :like:

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The physical properties of the MS-6395 spec is not that stringent and most if not all API only certified oils would meet the physical properties aspect of it. The main hurdle for a oil to get the MS-6395 certification is that the testing has to be done over a two year period using heavily monitored contracted fleet vehicles with quarterly season testing.

An oil once it gets the MS-6395 certification has small margins it can change with the formulation before it has to have labeling removed stating it is MS-6395 certified and restart the certification process again. That is why a few major name brand oils like Mobil and a couple of others for the longest time never carried the certification even though they meet the physical properties of it and just they either were waiting on the certification time process or just not deal with getting it certified at all.

That is why I do not sweat using a major label oil that does not have the MS-6395 certification so long as both weight grade and current API spec is adhered to. I have posted on other forums when the subject of MS-6395 comes up and offered to buy anybody their next oil change if they could show a provable instance where a lubrication related failure occurred and FCA denied warranty for using a non MS-6395 certified oil but both correct weight grade and current API spec was used. To date, nobody has claimed that offer.

Attachments

Last edited:

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
The physical properties of the MS-6395 spec is not that stringent and most if not all API only certified oils would meet the physical properties aspect of it. The main hurdle for a oil to get the MS-6395 certification is that the testing has to be done over a two year period using heavily monitored contracted fleet vehicles with quarterly season testing.

An oil once it gets the MS-6395 certification has small margins it can change with the formulation before it has to have labeling removed stating it is MS-6395 certified and restart the certification process again. That is why a few major name brand oils like Mobil and a couple of others for the longest time never carried the certification even though they meet the physical properties of it and just they either were waiting on the certification time process or just not deal with getting it certified at all.

That is why I do not sweat using a major label oil that does not have the MS-6395 certification so long as both weigh grade and current API spec is adhered to. I have posted on other forums when the subject of MS-6395 comes up and offered to buy anybody their next oil change if they could show a provable instance where a lubrication related failure occurred and FCA denied warranty for using a non MS-6395 but both correct weight grade and current API spec was used. To date, nobody has claimed that offer.
This.
Sponsored