Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Yes they mean the blind spot sensors. I don’t think any Jeep engineers have had a chance to actually compare internal sensor parts but they have ripped this up over the fact that Oracle complety moved the angle of the blind spot. When the engineers called out Oracle on that they were silent on it. Look at the original tail lights, the blind spots shoot out the sides, perpendicular to the truck. On the Oracals they no longer do that and instead are angled out the back at 45 degrees. They hypothetically are going to miss the entire blind spot now since they are shooting out the sides. The sensors will “work” as everyone will point out but they won’t be hitting the spots they are supposed to.

Please show us where a FCA ENGINEER familiar with sensor dynamics "called us out" or "ripped us up" we would really like to hear these engineer's take on our design.

When the engineers called out Oracle on that they were silent on it.
Or... perhaps... another possible scenario is we were not in any way whatsoever involved in the discussion?

Look at the original tail lights, the blind spots shoot out the sides, perpendicular to the truck.
Good point... except that they don't need to stick out to work. The engineer should perhaps look at every single other FCA product and the fact that the sensors are inboard of the tail lights.

Like the RAM for example:
Jeep Gladiator Oracle Flush Mount Taillights Arrived Today images-16

,On the Oracals they no longer do that and instead are angled out the back at 45 degrees.
This engineer probably already realizes that the factory lights also positions the sensor at the same angle so that seems strange thing to point out. There is a bracket inside the tail light which angles the sensor.
Jeep Gladiator Oracle Flush Mount Taillights Arrived Today Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 1.40.36 PM

Look at the original tail lights, the blind spots shoot out the sides, perpendicular to the truck.
Flat out incorrect as you can see above. Seems like this engineer may not know what they are talking about....

This conspiracy goes really deep because other members are installing them and have apparently been brainwashed into thinking they do in fact work as intended. :CWL:
Just got done installing mine and taking it out for a spin to test the blind spot detection still worked. Everything works fine and was simple to install. Although I need to pull the resister out since I had LEDs before so I was getting rapid flash and a blinker error.

PXL_20211014_182442384.jpg

PXL_20211014_182311506.jpg

PXL_20211014_182413465.MP.jpg

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Please show us where a FCA ENGINEER familiar with sensor dynamics "called us out" or "ripped us up" we would really like to hear these engineer's take on our design.

Or... perhaps... another possible scenario is we were not in any way whatsoever involved in the discussion?

Good point... except that they don't need to stick out to work. The engineer should perhaps look at every single other FCA product and the fact that the sensors are inboard of the tail lights.

Like the RAM for example:
images-16.jpeg

This engineer probably already realizes that the factory lights also positions the sensor at the same angle so that seems strange thing to point out. There is a bracket inside the tail light which angles the sensor.
Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 1.40.36 PM.png

Flat out incorrect as you can see above. Seems like this engineer may not know what they are talking about....

This conspiracy goes really deep because other members are installing them and have apparently been brainwashed into thinking they do in fact work as intended. :CWL:
Scott Blum for one, on the FB Jeep Gladiator page for the post showing the Jeep at Jeep Beach and announcing them. There were several comments made. They don't face out, the Jeep engineer spoke to that directly. I just merely repeating what they said. To your point on them not needing to stick out to work I don't know if that is entirely accurate. The same Jeep engineer that questions this also is the same one that clarified why the lights on the wrangler Xtreme package have an additional bump out. Scott later pointed out the stock lights needed to be bumped out further to work properly, meanwhile Oracle was bringing them inwards.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Scott Blum for one, on the FB Jeep Gladiator page for the post showing the Jeep at Jeep Beach and announcing them. There were several comments made.
Care to screen shot that and post here? I tied searching for it but couldn't find it. The only reference I could find was him just stating it wouldn't work but this was from a different FB group than what you were talking about I believe. FWIW, I don't know anything about Scott Blum but his FB page states he's a Manager of Product Planning for Jeep Wrangler. In my line of work, we would not associate a Manager to being an Engineer or having the same technical know how. Not to say that he wouldn't have access to those people though.

Jeep Gladiator Oracle Flush Mount Taillights Arrived Today post1.PNG

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
Isnt the blind spot dector essentially a type of radar? How wide a field does it cast? If wide enough, wouldnt the angle the signal projects from the truck be irrelevant ?

Sponsored

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
In my line of work, we would not associate a Manager to being an Engineer or having the same technical know how. Not to say that he wouldn't have access to those people though.
You sir exercise an immense amount of grace. What a better place the world would be if PO/PMs stayed in their respective lanes.

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler, Saab 9-3
Occupation
USAF
Comments like this, and the similar one from Dakota are thoughtless and dumb. Before you generalize and assume that all drivers that like more information when driving are automatically people that are close to the grave and terrible drivers, you might want to bite your tongue. I’m in my forties, check my blind spot on every lane change or y turn, and haven’t had a ticket or accident since I was 16. With a windowless topper though, these trucks DO have a blind spot. If you don’t have anything nice to say, please shut your ignorant mouths.
You calling them dumb for their opinions in their comments is nice? That’s a rhetorical question and this is the USA. Opinions are free speech. The internet gives everyone the ability to make their opinions public. Opinions don’t have an obligation to make everyone happy and you don’t agree with theirs, which is ok. Don’t try to silence them. If we all had the same opinions then the options list for your Jeep wouldn’t exist. Welcome to the US, the internet, and 2021. Should you perhaps bite your tongue?

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
Comments like this, and the similar one from Dakota are thoughtless and dumb. Before you generalize and assume that all drivers that like more information when driving are automatically people that are close to the grave and terrible drivers, you might want to bite your tongue. I’m in my forties, check my blind spot on every lane change or y turn, and haven’t had a ticket or accident since I was 16. With a windowless topper though, these trucks DO have a blind spot. If you don’t have anything nice to say, please shut your ignorant mouths.
Even though you are correct in principal, you yourself were not "nice". When you display the same type of behavior while scolding someone else for it, your argument looses its effectiveness. Lead by example.

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Opinions don’t have an obligation to make everyone happy and you don’t agree with theirs, which is ok. Don’t try to silence them. If we all had the same opinions then the options list for your Jeep wouldn’t exist. Welcome to the US, the internet, and 2021. Should you perhaps bite your tongue?
That is unfortunately not at all how the USA operates since at least 2010 😔

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Mine was intended to be more geared to the lazy drivers who rely too heavily on driver aid. It also even with the attitude was saying those close to the grave aside. Also I usually ALWAYS play the respectful Sweden on topics, but decided to be a bit snarky there! Sorry to offend!

here is for all the butthurt (including myself sometimes ;) 😂 )
Jeep Gladiator Oracle Flush Mount Taillights Arrived Today Screenshot_20211016-104238_Chrome

Sponsored

OP
OP

21mojave

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Mojqve
Occupation
Self Employed
Mine was intended to be more geared to the lazy drivers who rely too heavily on driver aid. It also even with the attitude was saying those close to the grave aside. Also I usually ALWAYS play the respectful Sweden on topics, but decided to be a bit snarky there! Sorry to offend!

here is for all the butthurt (including myself sometimes ;) 😂 )
Jeep Gladiator Oracle Flush Mount Taillights Arrived Today Screenshot_20211016-104238_Chrome
I’m amazed at people yet again! I started this thread about 2 days ago solely based on the excitement of having kick ass new tail lights on the back of my Mojave and now it has digressed clear to the point of people being butthurt! You can’t help but laugh! By the way, my Oracle Flush Mount tail lights still work and look awesome after 2 days! I hope that doesn’t offend any person or living creature. If you or someone you know is offended by my opinion you should probably just throw away all of your electronic devices and read some good books.

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
I’m amazed at people yet again! I started this thread about 2 days ago solely based on the excitement of having kick ass new tail lights on the back of my Mojave and now it has digressed clear to the point of people being butthurt! You can’t help but laugh! By the way, my Oracle Flush Mount tail lights still work and look awesome after 2 days! I hope that doesn’t offend any person or living creature. If you or someone you know is offended by my opinion you should probably just throw away all of your electronic devices and read some good books.
I dont think anyone is legitimately offended. Just keyboard junkies! Its a fun place to express your self!

I think the Tailights look badass, and I cant wait to order myself a set! Christmas for myself maybe?? :D

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
Did you have any issues while installing these lights? I think there are posts in the other threads about the lights where people have been having issues with a screw that protrudes into the housing area blocking the light from sitting flush when installed.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Glad I got my popcorn at Sam's Club, this shit is getting good.

boardthis74

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Occupation
IT Nerd
Funny how the experts come crawling out to spit their knowledge without even testing. Here's a video I took today of my blind spot detection working perfectly picking up a motorcycle. I had the camera at eye level, so what the camera sees is what I see. Bike in mirror, then yellow triangle, then bike in periferal. So not sure what engineer said this won't work, but I can tell you without a doubt, mine do and work well.
Sponsored