Sponsored

Overland diesel front springs same as diesel Rubicon

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
I don’t. It’s not hard to throw the springs on, slap a tire in with two lug nuts, lower it down. See if it is level or leaning. If level, button it up. If leaning, swap and button it up.
Sponsored

Saltymedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport Eco-d
Occupation
Retired Fire-Medic
I don’t. It’s not hard to throw the springs on, slap a tire in with two lug nuts, lower it down. See if it is level or leaning. If level, button it up. If leaning, swap and button it up.
LoL says you, I live in the foothills where level ground is about as common as a $3 bill.

So here's the deal, I got a lift, it's not made specifically for the eco and is corner specific for a 3.6. I'm trying to figure out the differences between the 3.6 and 3.0 springs so I can build it just once.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
LoL says you, I live in the foothills where level ground is about as common as a $3 bill.

So here's the deal, I got a lift, it's not made specifically for the eco and is corner specific for a 3.6. I'm trying to figure out the differences between the 3.6 and 3.0 springs so I can build it just once.
The 3.0 have a higher spring rate

dbmcubs21

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland Eco Diesel
Occupation
CPA
Yes all Diesel Gladiators come with Rubicon suspension.
Is this confirmed/posted anywhere else? I am waiting on my Overland Diesel to arrive but was thinking about going with rubicon suspension as others have said it gives about 3/4" lift and stiffer ride. If the suspension is the same on all Diesels then I will not worry about the switch. Thanks.

Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Is this confirmed/posted anywhere else? I am waiting on my Overland Diesel to arrive but was thinking about going with rubicon suspension as others have said it gives about 3/4" lift and stiffer ride. If the suspension is the same on all Diesels then I will not worry about the switch. Thanks.
I found that my Willys and a set of Rubicon diesel springs were the same part numbers.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Almost every Jeep I've seen has a different coil left/right.

My new Overland EcoDiesel does not. Same coils left/right. Odd.

377AA in front
245AA in rear

I do have hard top, towing package, and several other packages. Stock ride quality was much softer and squishier than my previous Max Tow JT. Makes me think that the Rubicon suspension, if that's what this really is, still isn't quite the perfect match for the EcoDiesel JTs.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Hate to bring up a year old thread, maybe there's been some more insight to this subject since a few more diesels are on the road.

I'm in a 22 Overland Eco, and looking to just bump up the height a tiny bit. I commute 20K miles per year, so I will be driving 98% of the time with the stock wheels and tires. I do, however, want to be able to pull it into the garage, bolt on some 37s, and hit the trails every now and then. I don't want the lift to be too high and look goofy with the stock sized tires, but I also don't want to have the wheel gap of a BMW M3 with the 37s on.

A guy down the street from me has almost new Rubicon Eco springs and fox shocks for 150 bucks. The shocks alone are easily worth that, and I will likely purchase all of it just for those. Data from last year leads me to think that adding the springs will not result in any lift at all, and would just be a waste of time. I'm guessing something like a 2-2.5" spacer lift will be the easiest way to get me just a bit more height on it. Any thoughts? Anything new on this subject? Seems like Rubi springs on a gas model are worth it, but Rubi springs on an eco makes no difference?

Butch-R-Vols

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland 3.0 Diesel, 2011 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2021 Overland Diesel and both front springs are 6377AA. I also have a 2022 Rubi Diesel suspension and the front springs are the same 6377AA on both sides. The rear Springs are different from the Overland rear springs.

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Pretty sure all the diesels sit higher to clear everything. FWIW the JTRD springs I just threw on the front of my gasser were 376/37?

Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
So correct me if I'm wrong, but if I put Rubicon wheels and tires (or really just the tires I suppose), then technically I should sit just as high as a Rubicon diesel, right? Something tells me that's not the case though. I understand the Rubi fenders sit higher giving the appearance of a higher lift, but I still feel like the Rubi should ultimately be taller than the Overland.

Does anyone have a stock Rubicon Eco that could give measurements to the top of the tire, then measurements to the top of the fender?

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
So correct me if I'm wrong, but if I put Rubicon wheels and tires (or really just the tires I suppose), then technically I should sit just as high as a Rubicon diesel, right? Something tells me that's not the case though. I understand the Rubi fenders sit higher giving the appearance of a higher lift, but I still feel like the Rubi should ultimately be taller than the Overland.

Does anyone have a stock Rubicon Eco that could give measurements to the top of the tire, then measurements to the top of the fender?
Theoretically, yes you should be the same height and the fenders would factor into that as well. Every Jeep will be a little bit different though - everytime I'm next to another rubicon mine always appears to be sitting lower. I can take measurements later today once it is on flat land. I will also add in to the top of the bed for comparison since the fenders are different.

Last edited:

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
’21 HA Diesel with the tow package here. Purchased in May of ‘21. 6377AA springs on the front and couldn’t see tags on the back. Grey isolators on the front as well. I’ve got a full set of ‘21 Rubi Fox shocks ready to go but that’ll wait till I put the Rubi wheels and 33” KO2’s back on this fall.

That‘s very interesting that it seems pretty much all the diesels get the Rubi springs on the front. Sure seems like checking that “diesel” option gets you LOTS of extra goodies.
Sponsored