First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
The Overland is fine for you, I started out getting one but decided to get the 4.10 axle ratio for towing and ended up by with a Mojave. I think the Overland with AT tires is a great choice, can be loaded up nice, try and get the selectrac auto transfer case if you can having AWD is a great option, and do the the tow package. I also like the Overland wheels better and think I am one of the few that are tired of black, white spoke or polished slots would make my day……Jack
Sponsored

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
I'm looking for a model Jeep Gladiator that will be a street driver 99% of the time, I want the 8" radio system, painted top to match vehicle, trailer tow package, LED light F&R, and all terrain tires, plus other options. The Overland model suits me for what I want, what do you think and do you have an Overland. I also like the High Altitude model, but these are hard to find on dealer lots, even in the DFW area.
Very happy with my '20 stock Overland JT . Street Driver 90% - comfortable ride and 40k miles in, still getting 22mpg on average. Have taken 4+ 1600+ mile trips and no complaints about the ride. 8" UConnect, Alpine Premium sound system, color matched freedom top, Cold Weather Group (heated seats and Steering Wheel, Remote Start), LED Package, Tow Package, Mopar Hard Tri-fold tonneau cover, drop in bed liner, run a best top sunrider in the summer in place of the freedom top panels (for convenience). Added a dead pedal so I have a spot for my left foot to rest on long trips. No drilling, bolts to existing sidewall bracket. Amazon Link: https://a.co/ai2Qgr2
Note: Even though the Overland has 18" wheels, all of the gladiators have the same 17" stock spare under the bed (surprise). Found that out when I changed out my tires from the stock Bridgestone Duelers to Goodyear Wrangler ATA Radials.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I ordered my Overland shortly after they opened up the ordering lines in May of 2019.

I got the limited slip rear, tow package, 8.4" with navigation and upgraded audio system, factory bedliner and toneau cover, tan cloth seats, hard top, remote start/entry/etc., cold weather package (LOVE the heated seats, especially with my bad back) and probably a few other things that I can't remember. The following summer, I got a BestTop SunRunner top for the warm(er) months. Put the hard panels back in, in the winter.

I took delivery July 19th, 2019. Drove it to Boston and back that weekend (birthday weekend) specifically to watch the Red Sox/Yankees game at Fenway (Sox absolutely CRUSHED the Yankees that evening :rock: My Wife is from Ukraine and that was her very first baseball game and she loved it!!!). That trip, I averaged 23.5 mpg (calculated fill to fill) on a BRAND NEW truck.

I find it to be a very comfortable ride on long trips and more comfortable than my '19 Grand Cherokee Ltd. I even drove it to upstate Michigan and back this past Memorial Day. 745 miles one way. Averaged right about 26 mpg.

I still have the factory 255/75R18's on it. When it's time to replace them, I'll probably go to 275s for a little better footprint whilst towing. Like others have said, I prefer the rims on the Overland to any of the other models so, they're staying :)

I also tow with mine. I have a 27', 5,100 lb (with all our stuff) twin axle travel trailer. It handles it with aplomb. And again, on long trips, very comfortable. I get around 13 mpg average towing. Not too shabby.

If it's your daily driver (but also very capable off road) that's the trim level I'd go with for sheer comfort. Not only in seating but ride too. It's suspension is just a tad softer than the other trim levels but, again, still quite capable off road.

IAGLADI8R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I have a 2020 Overland that I bought used with 13k miles on it and a lot of mods. It has almost every option and is a blast to drive, gets around great in the snow and of course it's a convertible. My next one might be a Mojave but I'm perfectly fine buying another Overland

20220516_174547.jpg

Sarma20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
My wife has a 22 High Altitude and it drives great. We were worried about the ride when we were first looking at the JT but it really surprised us. We love it!

Jeep Gladiator Overland Model, What do you think 20220502_171436

Sponsored

John Hursh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Beermeister
I’ve had my 20 Gladi since Sept, 20. About 5,500 of the 27,000 miles have been towing a 3,400 pound travel trailer. Traded a 17 JKU for my Overland and love it. Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it and has never let me down. If I can’t get there with my Gladi Overland, I don’t need to go there.

488E15C8-3E89-4BAA-BF27-6EC9829C3B33.jpeg

A693CCD8-9FEF-49C9-93E5-526BB33BA7F6.jpeg

gsmith

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue gladiator high altitude
Occupation
Refinery
I have a 2022 overland, color matching top and bumpers, led light group,8.4 screen with nav, cold weather group with remote start,tow package , spray in bed liner.. like you mostly daily driver.. only had it for little over a month.. about 5200 miles..and couldn't be happier.. didn't really have a need for hard core off road stuff the Mojave and Rubicon had.. for a daily driver comfort was more important....

JT Thomas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 09 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
U.S. Army (Retired)
My dad has a 21 Overland and I have a 21 JTR. My dad got the overland because the stock steps and height made it easier to get in and out of (he is 74). Having driven them both, I think the overland has a softer ride than my JTR but I am still happy with my Rubicon.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Loved my Overland. All the creature comforts for a DD. Easily tackles up to medium trails. I did add lift and tires and changed gearing to accommodate the 35's but if you leave it alone then it should be more than capable for most of your needs. I was leasing and the lease was up. So when I looked at options the rollover or a new 22 Rubicon was going to be the same payment (due to great residual) so I picked up the Rubicon. Talked to the manager and he said my Overland wasn't on the lot for 2 days before it sold! The Overland suspension is specifically for highway/road driving.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
A good winch is cheaper than lockers, but lockers are also able to be added later.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Does an Overland have better seats like the Safari Wranglers do?
I have back issues and I find it's easier sitting in my Overland than most other vehicles. I think they are a bit better than those in my wife's Grand Cherokee. Better than the other JT trims? Can't say - but they are good seats, IMO - for my bad back, especially.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
A good winch is cheaper than lockers, but lockers are also able to be added later.
And there's a thread here somewhere debating even the need for lockers. Some swear you don't need them even for tough trails, others insist you do.
Looking that thread over, I think - at least IMO - no one won that debate.
And watching the YT video of the guy pulling his 4x4 out of a ravine sideways using a winch, and another pulling his rig backwards using his front mounted winch - holy cow, what creative people can't do!

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Ove
I'm looking for a model Jeep Gladiator that will be a street driver 99% of the time, I want the 8" radio system, painted top to match vehicle, trailer tow package, LED light F&R, and all terrain tires, plus other options. The Overland model suits me for what I want, what do you think and do you have an Overland. I also like the High Altitude model, but these are hard to find on dealer lots, even in the DFW area.
Overland for sure

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does an Overland have better seats like the Safari Wranglers do?
You can order every luxury/comfort/safety feature in an Overland that you can get in Rubicon or Mojave. Including body colored top and fenders, leather, 8.4" screen, etc.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And there's a thread here somewhere debating even the need for lockers. Some swear you don't need them even for tough trails, others insist you do.
Looking that thread over, I think - at least IMO - no one won that debate.
And watching the YT video of the guy pulling his 4x4 out of a ravine sideways using a winch, and another pulling his rig backwards using his front mounted winch - holy cow, what creative people can't do!
The BLD is quite effective. I accidentally drove off a road while making a 3 point turn. I have a Mojave so I locked the rear diff.

That didn't help. (locking the diff disables the BLD) So I unlocked everything and trusted in the electronic gods. Wouldn't you know I was able to get out with it simply in 4H and nothing else.

the locked rear diff does help with maintaining momentum when off-roading because it provides more instantaneous traction and disables traction control.

But if you are stuck, short of a fully locked up Rubicon, BLD is your friend.
Sponsored