Sponsored

Overland without Max Tow Package - Lift? Spacers?

andru24

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Was there a noticeable difference with just the Rubi springs & shocks in terms of lift?
I put the spacers on at the same time as the suspension so can’t really say. It does feel like it was more than just the spacers though....feels like more than the 1.5”.
Sponsored

andru24

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I just put a 2.5" Terraflex lift on my Overland with 18x9" rims and 35" tires. It turned out great and I'm very happy with it. My rims have a 0 offset and they stick out the perfect amount. I think this is a nice setup for a daily driver. If you're not going to regear I would avoid 37's.

Jeep.jpg
What wheels and tires?

Ozarkgolfer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland/BMW X2
Occupation
International Logistics
Really like the look of Pescado's truck above but if you have Colorado air and you want to make sure you don't get dusted by Prius drivers....consider my look. No lift, 33 x 12.5 x 18 KO2's or similar and no issues hussling along....
Jeep Gladiator Overland without Max Tow Package - Lift? Spacers? Jee

Mejiaj02

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator overland
Although i dont have different wheels, i decided to get rubicon take offs and a 1.5 teraflex spacer to run 35 without a problem in my overland here is a before and after.
Jeep Gladiator Overland without Max Tow Package - Lift? Spacers? 6FB7CF12-F06C-458E-9056-56372ED2AAD2

Sponsored

MoparMan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Existence
I just put a 2.5" Terraflex lift on my Overland with 18x9" rims and 35" tires. It turned out great and I'm very happy with it. My rims have a 0 offset and they stick out the perfect amount. I think this is a nice setup for a daily driver. If you're not going to regear I would avoid 37's.

Jeep Gladiator Overland without Max Tow Package - Lift? Spacers? 6FB7CF12-F06C-458E-9056-56372ED2AAD2
How much did the TeraFlex 2.5 kit actually lift the truck in the rear & front?

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Here’s my Overland. 17” rims, 35” tires. 2” Mopar lift. Just an idea of how it may look on yours. I’m not concerned with filling in the space in the wheel wells, more concerned with the available wheel travel. I don’t wheel like I did back in the day, but, I don’t want my tires tearing my truck up when I do.

EE165226-B658-49D6-A02E-08084AFAE063.jpeg

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Consider 285/75/18s if you want to keep your stock wheels slightly taller than most 35” tires but only 11” wide.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
How much did the TeraFlex 2.5 kit actually lift the truck in the rear & front?
I had the lift and tires put on at the same time and never took any measurements before hand so its hard to say. I can measure it somewhere if you want

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Really like the look of Pescado's truck above but if you have Colorado air and you want to make sure you don't get dusted by Prius drivers....consider my look. No lift, 33 x 12.5 x 18 KO2's or similar and no issues hussling along....
Jeep Gladiator Overland without Max Tow Package - Lift? Spacers? EE165226-B658-49D6-A02E-08084AFAE063
Really like that subtle tough look. And like the outline letters on the hood. NICE. Would look good on my blue. Your pic makes me dream of what I could do with mine and not spend another 50 grand getting there. I like the front bumper and winch setup, too - low profile, I like it.
I've always liked the look of the Overland WHEELS, it's just the stock and only tire option on the Overland is, well, not my first choice even for a daily driver that I don't climb cliffs with.

Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Max I would go without a lift on the Overland is 33's. You can put 35's if you are NOT planning any offroad activity otherwise you will rub on the fenders.

1st: 33's without a lift!
2nd: 33's with 2.5"Mopar lift
3rd: 35's with 2.5" Mopar lift
NOTE: The 35's are rally pushing the capability of the 3.73 Overland gearing....

Jeep Gladiator Overland without Max Tow Package - Lift? Spacers? JT1

Jeep Gladiator Overland without Max Tow Package - Lift? Spacers? 20191018_081806

Jeep Gladiator Overland without Max Tow Package - Lift? Spacers? JT

OP
OP
WarRaveyn

WarRaveyn

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Operations Manager
What is on yours in the pics there?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Max I would go without a lift on the Overland is 33's. You can put 35's if you are NOT planning any offroad activity otherwise you will rub on the fenders.

1st: 33's without a lift!
2nd: 33's with 2.5"Mopar lift
3rd: 35's with 2.5" Mopar lift
*****NOTE: The 35's are rally pushing the capability of the 3.73 Overland gearing....*****
Which is exactly why my JT won't see anything larger as far as tires unless I end up re-gearing. The 3.73 gearing is really borderline when towing in my opinion. Mine struggles badly on Iowa long rolling hills - with an EMPTY trailer. A trip to Spirit Lake (to see guess who) last weekend saw the transmission shifting - and no joke, I counted, timed it, every between 5 seconds and 10 seconds. It never stayed in a gear more than 10 seconds, it was common for it to shift down and back up every 5 seconds or so. It was annoying and as a former transmission person - has to mean a lot of wear and heat! Shifting constantly is bad. In 10 miles on a reasonably flat Sioux county highway it shifted so many times I lost track. I was very tempted to shove the lever over and lock it in 7th, maybe even 6th, since even 7th was a struggle for it at times.
If there had been an option, I'd have told them were to keep that Overland gear ratio - a similar ratio on my Silverado LS engine was even iffy.

I did have a tire shop try 35s on mine last winter - I was looking for different tires for winter here and a shop had Rubicon take-offs - came to find out the wheels were but the tires were 35's, NOT stock Rubicon JT tires. They tried them on the front and had frowns on their faces - said, well, maybe, but highway only..... it was close.... they suggested I not buy them.

JustKip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Nope
Which is exactly why my JT won't see anything larger as far as tires unless I end up re-gearing. The 3.73 gearing is really borderline when towing in my opinion. Mine struggles badly on Iowa long rolling hills - with an EMPTY trailer. A trip to Spirit Lake (to see guess who) last weekend saw the transmission shifting - and no joke, I counted, timed it, every between 5 seconds and 10 seconds. It never stayed in a gear more than 10 seconds, it was common for it to shift down and back up every 5 seconds or so. It was annoying and as a former transmission person - has to mean a lot of wear and heat! Shifting constantly is bad. In 10 miles on a reasonably flat Sioux county highway it shifted so many times I lost track. I was very tempted to shove the lever over and lock it in 7th, maybe even 6th, since even 7th was a struggle for it at times.
If there had been an option, I'd have told them were to keep that Overland gear ratio - a similar ratio on my Silverado LS engine was even iffy.

I did have a tire shop try 35s on mine last winter - I was looking for different tires for winter here and a shop had Rubicon take-offs - came to find out the wheels were but the tires were 35's, NOT stock Rubicon JT tires. They tried them on the front and had frowns on their faces - said, well, maybe, but highway only..... it was close.... they suggested I not buy them.
I would have locked it into 6th and dropped my speed by about 3-4 mph. I can't stand to have the trans "hunt" like that!
My 16 year old F150 has 373 gears and (currently) 32's. It's a dinosaur, and they didn't have tow/haul modes back then, but I do lock out overdrive, and it does just fine. I had a set of 34's on it for a while, and it would often drop out of OD on the freeway whenever I'd hit a bit of an incline or strong headwind. I liked the extra inch of ground clearance off road, and low range was adequate for my purposes, but the gearing wasn't great for on-road use.

Reactions: aai

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
What is on yours in the pics there?
1st PIC: 33's without a lift!
2nd PIC: 33's with 2.5"Mopar lift
3rd PIC: 35's with 2.5" Mopar lift
NOTE: The 35's are rally pushing the capability of the 3.73 Overland gearing....
Sponsored