Ox Lockers

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT-Sport S, 2021 JT-Sport S
Mine came in , waiting on axles and gears , and tires I guess , but parts are starting to roll in.

2A8491C8-9761-4902-9A7D-CB2D54D5CEF8.jpeg
Edit: I see your running a bottle. Trying to figure out what I’m going to do for switches and location right now. Currently I have no idea what I want. Do you have the factory aux switches or going to mount that somewhere else?
Sponsored

Jlmckinney

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Lineman
Edit: I see your running a bottle. Trying to figure out what I’m going to do for switches and location right now. Currently I have no idea what I want. Do you have the factory aux switches or going to mount that somewhere else?
I do have the aux switches, I’m gonna run the solenoid off one of them and yes a bottle, 12 or 20 oz , I have a powertank set up so I’m not interested in an air compressor, they are just so slow

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
My shop called today to let me know there is no reasonable way to install the manual shifters in a JT. The issue is routing the cables so they aren’t kinked or pinched. They spoke to OX who acknowledged they haven’t installed a cable shifted locker in a JL or JT. I am pretty disappointed now. If I can’t have the manual direct connect of a cable actuated locker than the OX offers no advantage over any of the others, electic or air actuated. This sucks and I am back to the drawing board with my plans.

Last edited:

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
My shop called today to let me know there is. I reasonable way to install the manual shifters in a JT.
What if you mounted them on a panel in the bed or something? ... No idea what's possible just a thought.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
doesn't the electric actuated version still rely on the cable to engage the locker? Could you find a way to mount the electric actuator so that cable routing works and then wire the switch in a way that works with the JT?

Sponsored

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If this is the case they yeah I probably could.
It’s the tight quarters around the motor and trans and in the tunnel that makes the cable into the drivers area impossible. A short cable run to the frame where I could mount the actuator would probably he do able and then run wires to cabin mounted switches. The ox web site doesn’t have many pics of installs at all.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
here's the link:

https://ox-usa.com/products/51-amc-20-heavy-duty-cover.html

This typically requires a much shorter cable that may make routing much easier. Still cable actuated....

I was all about the manual shifter but the electric actuator could allow much easier routing (running wires is easier than a cable) and use my auxiliary switch panel to lock it up. Still have the ability to use the key if the cable breaks or wiring gets messed up

I think I just talked myself into going with the electric actuator. Benefits of e-locker and manual locker

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Albeit this is just my conjecture, I am not an offroad shop mechanic nor any type of engineer

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ox lockers still offer the advantage of being able to pin them in case air, electrical, or cable failure.

the other advantage is they do not need to be disassembled to replace the o-ring like an ARB. The o-ring is in the diff cover.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I may be picking these up soon for front and rear. Yukon or Dana gears to go with them?

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may be picking these up soon for front and rear. Yukon or Dana gears to go with them?
I’m having Revolution gears installed in mine. The shop I’m using recommended them over Nitro and Yukon.

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m having Revolution gears installed in mine. The shop I’m using recommended them over Nitro and Yukon.
And mine recommended Yukon over revolution or Dana. I guarantee it’s whatever brand the shop has the best deal with. The manufacturer probably kicks them free parts for their shop builds etc for pushing one brand over another. I don’t think any of the big 3 or 4 are bad. All will work great if properly installed and set up, just like all will grenade in spectacular fashion if installed incorrectly.

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The reason the shop recommended revolution was, they said they had less gear noise over the other two brands. Not that the other two brands were bad.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I do have the aux switches, I’m gonna run the solenoid off one of them and yes a bottle, 12 or 20 oz , I have a powertank set up so I’m not interested in an air compressor, they are just so slow
where is your bottle mounted?
Sponsored