Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Lineman
where is your bottle mounted?
Well I don’t have that figured out just yet , I went with a 20oz bottle so it pretty small , I’m waiting until tires/wheels get here to see if I want to re-gear before having the locker and axles installed ,
Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Has anyone gotten theirs installed yet?

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to go electric shift to the factory aux switch for a really clean install.

Jlmckinney

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lineman
Has anyone gotten theirs installed yet?

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to go electric shift to the factory aux switch for a really clean install.
I’m using the factory switches to control the air valve for mine, if your doing the electric it should just be a straight connection

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
I’m using the factory switches to control the air valve for mine, if your doing the electric it should just be a straight connection
  • Requires no power in lock or unlock, only for shift transition.
That statement made me think I would have to switch my aux switches to be momentary which would not work with the lights I have hooked up. I can't be sure but I don't think it is as cut and dry as hooking the power up and grounding it.

I'll be happy if I'm wrong. Will need to do some homework on this.

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT-Sport S, 2021 JT-Sport S
That statement made me think I would have to switch my aux switches to be momentary which would not work with the lights I have hooked up. I can't be sure but I don't think it is as cut and dry as hooking the power up and grounding it.

The solenoid would require power for it to remain on and lock the lockers. The only way for it to be momentary is having two coils and a detent to hold the spool placement. The solenoid they use is a coil activated, spring return, 2 envelope solenoid.

Sponsored

Jlmckinney

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lineman

You not gonna have the lights and locker on same switch are ya, you can set each switch independently , and I’m not 100% sure but I think you throw the power to it and it locks, cut the power it unlocks , but I could VERY WRONG about that

Jlmckinney

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lineman

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
You not gonna have the lights and locker on same switch are ya, you can set each switch independently , and I’m not 100% sure but I think you throw the power to it and it locks, cut the power it unlocks , but I could VERY WRONG about that
No, not the same switch but I didn't know they could be set independently

Eus085351

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecodiesel Willys Gladiator
I'm with you.

Email from Ox "I DO HAVE THSES FOR THE JL AND JT M186, M200, M210 AND THE M220"

So they are now available! I followed up asking for price because I haven't found anything listed on the website yet.
Does anyone know if this works for those with the max tow package? I have tried calling OX numerous times but can't get a hold of anyone.

Sponsored

Jlmckinney

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lineman
Watching this makes me want to go ARB. That electronic system is kinda janky.
Yeah I don’t particularly like the electric setup either , but I had 1 ARB and after it failed internally the second time and I replaced it with a zip locker I’ll never do one of them again, , I know I just got a bad one but it soured me on it , I like how these mechanically lock up, regardless of the type activation you use

Jlmckinney

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lineman
Does anyone know if this works for those with the max tow package? I have tried calling OX numerous times but can't get a hold of anyone.
Yes, you can get one for the front or back

rmtn03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I chatted with the guys over at Ox about the electric switcher, they said it engages/disengages via a ground signal, so you could use a standard rocker switch but you'd need to add a relay for the ground. (there are 3 wires, red, black, and the ground switch, you need power to red and black and the relay for ground signal) Air works more directly with rocker switches in that you can send air to the locker like you would with an arb.

jtforrester

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I chatted with the guys over at Ox about the electric switcher, they said it engages/disengages via a ground signal, so you could use a standard rocker switch but you'd need to add a relay for the ground. (there are 3 wires, red, black, and the ground switch, you need power to red and black and the relay for ground signal) Air works more directly with rocker switches in that you can send air to the locker like you would with an arb.
Did you happen to get a schematic of how it is wired? Do you know if it is it possible to use the factory aux switches to engage/disengage the Ox electronic lockers?
Sponsored