Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Anyone else interested?
Please Jeep even if it’s a Limited Edition until the full on electrification thing happens.
Please Jeep even if you can’t shoe horn it in the front, put it in the bed and make a frunk out front
or a fuel tank.
Stop with the 4 and 6 cylinders and bring an eight out.
I want/need to hear a Hemi roar from the gladiator.
Maybe Mr. Morrison follows this forum……please.
They did it in the JLU, don’t discriminate against the JT owners, it’s not right.
SRT JT I like the way that rolls off the tongue.

Now back to reality.🤪
Sponsored

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Anyone else interested?
Please Jeep even if it’s a Limited Edition until the full on electrification thing happens.
Please Jeep even if you can’t shoe horn it in the front, put it in the bed and make a frunk out front
or a fuel tank.
Stop with the 4 and 6 cylinders and bring an eight out.
I want/need to hear a Hemi roar from the gladiator.
Maybe Mr. Morrison follows this forum……please.
They did it in the JLU, don’t discriminate against the JT owners, it’s not right.
SRT JT I like the way that rolls off the tongue.

Now back to reality.🤪
FORD?

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If Ford puts a big engine in the ranger, Jeep is sure to follow with the Gladiator. That's what's been happening with the Bronco and Wrangler.

Ford puts a high HP engine in, Jeep drops in the 392. Ford offers the Sasquatch package, Jeep comes out with the Recon Extreme package to match. Now there are rumors that Ford is going to offer a 37" tire package on the Bronco.

We can only hope Ford pushes jeep with the gladiator via the Ranger

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Yeti edition Gladiator Hemi V-8 sitting on tons and 40's from the factory lifetime warranty.

Lost Cosmonaut

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave - Gobi
I suspect the concern FCA has is cannibalizing TRX sales. If the Gladiator 392 is more efficient and nearly just as fast (because smaller and lighter), while being significantly cheaper, TRX sales will suffer and there’s no way FCA wants that. I also suspect the Ranger might not get a Raptor version with the coming refresh, or if they do, it will be an upgraded version of the Tremor with better suspension and maybe a slightly more powerful motor, but nothing really earthshaking. The Wrangler 392 and forthcoming Bronco Raptor don’t risk cannibalizing their respective stable mate flagships, since they are SUVs and not trucks.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I suspect the concern FCA has is cannibalizing TRX sales. If the Gladiator 392 is more efficient and nearly just as fast (because smaller and lighter), while being significantly cheaper, TRX sales will suffer and there’s no way FCA wants that. I also suspect the Ranger might not get a Raptor version with the coming refresh, or if they do, it will be an upgraded version of the Tremor with better suspension and maybe a slightly more powerful motor, but nothing really earthshaking. The Wrangler 392 and forthcoming Bronco Raptor don’t risk cannibalizing their respective stable mate flagships, since they are SUVs and not trucks.
I do not see it being that significant of cannibalizing RAM TRX sales to any high degree if at all. Branding and styling are significant enough to separate their core buying demographics.

So long as the TRX retains its "Big Dick Energy" status among full size trucks, it will get most of the fence sitting buyers.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I do not see it being that significant of cannibalizing RAM TRX sales to any high degree if at all. Branding and styling are significant enough to separate their core buying demographics.

So long as the TRX retains its "Big Dick Energy" status among full size trucks, it will get most of the fence sitting buyers.
Over the last two years, the amount of guys cross shopping the Gladiator and Raptor has been staggering. Now that TRX is in the game, the idea of cannibalizing sales is a real threat.

I personally think the EcoDiesel is the perfect powerplant for the Gladiator. Gobs of torque and where you need it in the RPM band, without the 12 miles per gallon that comes with a V8. But having said that, a V8 is a more reliable engine long term.
Sponsored