First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
But be careful not to ruffle any feathers.
This is already starting to run a fowl of the original post about a drain plug. If
you just pull the plug it will drain. Yeah yeah going to hell I know

Jeep Gladiator POS Jeep.  Check your floor drain plug! 220px-Buttplu
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
It does .... I've pulled my mats and then drove to the car wash. The noise caught me off guard until I figured out where it was coming from. Bouncing off the inside of the hardtop probably amplifies the effect.
Meh, just went to pick up something at the store, I took out both plugs driving around 40mph on backroads I could hear road noise a little bit but if I wasn’t listening for it I wouldn’t have noticed the difference.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Meh, just went to pick up something at the store, I took out both plugs driving around 40mph on backroads I could hear road noise a little bit but if I wasn’t listening for it I wouldn’t have noticed the difference.
Put the top and doors back on..........

Sponsored

OP
OP
MonkeySkunks

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Ok. The 800 lb. gorilla in the room
IS THIS THE LAST JEEP YOU‘LL EVER OWN?

Jeep Gladiator POS Jeep.  Check your floor drain plug! 0A5A156F-2E0B-4EE5-8626-05977628EBD4
That's the plan. If it doesn't live that long I'll grab a 2032 JT in some stupid ass color, hopefully Barbi Pink if they don't have gecko that year.

I've never loved a vehicle or enjoyed the experience of driving a vehicle as much as this beautiful POS.

Edit: JV or JX by then?

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Dude! Two plugs and you pulled them both out? :CWL:

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My problem would be if I took one of my cats to the vet in the JT - I can see one of them especially seeing those plugs and pulling one of them out just because it's there and she can. She sees things that aren't there, and likes to pretend little spots on things are moving and attacks them. The drain plug would be a definite target for her.

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 cj5, 1995 YJ, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT
Drive with all drain plugs out (have in all my jeeps), can't say there is any appreciable change in cabin noise, with top on usually don't have to go over 8-9 on radio (I do anyway, but no noise to drown out hearing). Oh yeah, don't have carpets either.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone told me not to get a Jeep because they are overpriced junk. 2500 +/- miles on it. Did all the appropriate break in when I got it. I baby it in general and have only commuted back and forth to work with it and ran normal errands so far.

Was leaving work yesterday and the beat up chevy next to me sounded like crap. At the next light it still sounded like crap but the chevy wasn't next to me anymore. F'n JT sounds like it's having some real problems. Like a grinding/rubbing noise tied to engine speed and also wheel speed some how but also sounds like the AC fan going crazy. Turn off the AC, radio, etc. Still getting a horrendous noise. I'm still driving home, erratically now because I'm trying to figure out where the noise is coming from and if it's tied to anything. Open the windows expecting it to sound like the truck is going to explode but can't hear the sound. Check the top that it's latched down, open and close the front two doors. Sounds like it's coming from the glove box area so I have that open now as well. Figure I'm screwed so now I'm doing all that while also trying to record it on video to post up here if I can't figure it out.

Get to my neighborhood (10 min from work) where it's quiet and start messing with stuff while driving and still can't figure out what is going on. Stop at the house to drop off my stuff and let the wife know I'm going to be outside/driving around. Turn it off and the interior lights come on. Grab my stuff to take inside and...

The damn floor drain plug is sitting on top of the passenger floor mat.

Not a single thing wrong with the JT but I sure was second guessing my purchase and trying to figure out how to explain to my wife the brand new expensive ass truck was F'd.

If you're getting lots of strange noise, check your floor drain plug.
POS? Perhaps you can find a buyer for your POS as currently it's probably worth what or very near what you paid for it. In the meantime, to keep you from being embarrassed for owning a Jeep and because you are such an authority on shit, you could always disguise your current POS as a Yugo, or a VW, or perhaps a 2021 Ford Bronco. Best of luck.....

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone told me not to get a Jeep because they are overpriced junk. 2500 +/- miles on it. Did all the appropriate break in when I got it. I baby it in general and have only commuted back and forth to work with it and ran normal errands so far.

Was leaving work yesterday and the beat up chevy next to me sounded like crap. At the next light it still sounded like crap but the chevy wasn't next to me anymore. F'n JT sounds like it's having some real problems. Like a grinding/rubbing noise tied to engine speed and also wheel speed some how but also sounds like the AC fan going crazy. Turn off the AC, radio, etc. Still getting a horrendous noise. I'm still driving home, erratically now because I'm trying to figure out where the noise is coming from and if it's tied to anything. Open the windows expecting it to sound like the truck is going to explode but can't hear the sound. Check the top that it's latched down, open and close the front two doors. Sounds like it's coming from the glove box area so I have that open now as well. Figure I'm screwed so now I'm doing all that while also trying to record it on video to post up here if I can't figure it out.

Get to my neighborhood (10 min from work) where it's quiet and start messing with stuff while driving and still can't figure out what is going on. Stop at the house to drop off my stuff and let the wife know I'm going to be outside/driving around. Turn it off and the interior lights come on. Grab my stuff to take inside and...

The damn floor drain plug is sitting on top of the passenger floor mat.

Not a single thing wrong with the JT but I sure was second guessing my purchase and trying to figure out how to explain to my wife the brand new expensive ass truck was F'd.

If you're getting lots of strange noise, check your floor drain plug.
I'm sorry, but I am not quite finished..... If you want quiet, perhaps a Bently, or a Rolls Royce, or take my recommendation that the quietest car I ever sat in was a 1951 Buick Roadmaster. A straight eight, Dynaflow Transmission and unmatched radial tires. Of course it was sitting in a barn on my uncles hog and corn farm in Missouri, and hadn't been started in 25 years. But... me and the chickens enjoyed the silence.
Sponsored