Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit on Wrangler/Gladiator, someone figured it out (DIY writeup)

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 1981 CJ8
Occupation
Landscaping
I will tell you where NOT to buy any of your parts and thats AZWholesaleMopar. I just placed an order from NJ using my email that is linked to a paypal to be sent to my home address linked to the paypal and they cancelled it due to high risk. It's so high risk that they don't report it to paypal as fraud but feel it appropriate to take 3 to 5 days to refund my money. I called the number listed on their site and some idiot who fulfills orders tells me to take it up with the website, which he has no affiliation with and hangs up. I believe that clown works with a dodge in peoria az which I would also avoid.
Counterpoint: I just ordered through azwholesale and whoever I was working with via email was quick to respond and incredibly helpful - even tried to help me get the parts faster through a nearby dealer who had the harness in stock. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I will tell you where NOT to buy any of your parts and thats AZWholesaleMopar. I just placed an order from NJ using my email that is linked to a paypal to be sent to my home address linked to the paypal and they cancelled it due to high risk. It's so high risk that they don't report it to paypal as fraud but feel it appropriate to take 3 to 5 days to refund my money. I called the number listed on their site and some idiot who fulfills orders tells me to take it up with the website, which he has no affiliation with and hangs up. I believe that clown works with a dodge in peoria az which I would also avoid.
I ordered from All Mopar Parts here and have been very happy with every order from them. Good folks, good service. Forum member so easy to contact here.

gsav69

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow), 2012 Mclaren 12C
Occupation
Biotech
I am new to jeep/gladiator land and find these online mopar part sites that are selling the same shit at grossly different prices to be odd. In some cases it would appear its the exact same site sending the order to a different dealer for fulfillment. For example, AZ's advertised prices with shipping was identical to All Mopar's price before shipping and All Mopar is closer lol.

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Landscaping
I am new to jeep/gladiator land and find these online mopar part sites that are selling the same shit at grossly different prices to be odd. In some cases it would appear its the exact same site sending the order to a different dealer for fulfillment. For example, AZ's advertised prices with shipping was identical to All Mopar's price before shipping and All Mopar is closer lol.
Seems a bit gray market, eh?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You have seen what I've seen - a couple of times I have ordered parts online (the skid plate, for example) to find that the seller was selling parts from a dealership in another state. They got my order, and filled it with a part that they had bought from a dealership. The labels - including shipping labels - dealership names and labels, all still on the box!

I buy a lot of my stuff, maybe even most of it, through All Mopar because they are a dealer, they are on the forum (well, Benny is) and they are responsive and if they messed up - every member of this forum would know it and they'd be done. Not that I could EVER see that happening, but it's another safety layer - a forum member, a sponsor, whatever, is going to be a great place to buy through because of their high visibility here.
There's no way All Mopar would ever be a problem, but it's just a "Feel good" thing that they are here, active, well-known, visible to all.

LzyHkr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks to Benny at All Mopar Parts for savings on passive entry kit. Install was pretty straightforward, especially with the YouTube video by Chad Myers73. While at dealer today to get my rear passenger axle leak fixed, I had them load the GXD code to my VIN and the technician activated passive entry. I can see on the My Jeep app that Remote Proximity Keyless Entry is listed under dealer installed. The handles are working based on my key fob setting(drivers unlocks just driver and passenger unlocks all). What I cannot find is the Passive Entry setting under Doors and Locks on the UConnect. Curious if those who had dealer flash system are able to see the option to turn passive entry on and off through UConnect.

gsav69

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biotech
Thanks to Benny at All Mopar Parts for savings on passive entry kit. Install was pretty straightforward, especially with the YouTube video by Chad Myers73. While at dealer today to get my rear passenger axle leak fixed, I had them load the GXD code to my VIN and the technician activated passive entry. I can see on the My Jeep app that Remote Proximity Keyless Entry is listed under dealer installed. The handles are working based on my key fob setting(drivers unlocks just driver and passenger unlocks all). What I cannot find is the Passive Entry setting under Doors and Locks on the UConnect. Curious if those who had dealer flash system are able to see the option to turn passive entry on and off through UConnect.
I believe someone had a similar experience but they ultimately appeared. I have a bluetooth obd2 device that I was able to hook up thru jscan and was able to see the things we need to turn on versus going to the dealer. Now I just have to order the shit to do it. lol.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
If you have the 8.4 radio it may take a bit for it to show up in the settings.
Gregj

Sponsored

LzyHkr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I believe someone had a similar experience but they ultimately appeared. I have a bluetooth obd2 device that I was able to hook up thru jscan and was able to see the things we need to turn on versus going to the dealer. Now I just have to order the shit to do it. lol.
Gregj
Thanks! It is an 8.4 radio. I guess I need to be a bit more patient and wait for system to update. At least the handles are working.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Gregj
Right - mine took about 24 hours.

gsav69

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biotech
I have the parts on order and will use my old school ODB2 device and purchase the license in Jscan which will let me make the changes before the parts show up. Assuming it works yet recognizing this is old news for many, I am in the North NJ area and happy to help turn this stuff on for folks who want to buy the license and not have to buy OBD2 dongles, security cables, etc for this one thing, never to use it again.

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Landscaping
Working on my passenger side this weekend, waiting on the driver side.

I'll extend the same offer, I've got an old BT OBD adapter and the security cable I can lend out if anyone in the north Phoenix/Cave Creek area is interested in doing this. Programming was pretty straightforward.

Los_Links

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ
@AllMoparParts.com are there any discount codes or anything I should use before I order one of your kits?
Sponsored