Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
Thanks for this, ordered all the parts.

Does anyone know is JSCAN will activate this or do I need the tazer?

I'll keep searching threads 👍
Right on thanks! Have we confirmed that JScan and AlfaOBD can specifically enable the outlet?

See post #96 and #97
Sponsored

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
See post #96 and #97
I don't follow your reference.

#96 is the same question I had - there was not a response recently, so I asked again.
#97 states - "I've been following the thread, but can't confirm without reading it again"

I did in fact ready every post in this thread, and nowhere in this thread does it state that JSCAN can do this.

Hopefully it can, but I'll find out when my parts get here some day.

Kzr715

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 1968 M715, 2018 JLU Rubicon

Where did you get all the parts from? I have been scouring the internet and when I place the orders three of the items are out of stock.
Asked the dealership about the hard to get ones and they are telling me no ETA in sight on them.

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Where did you get all the parts from? I have been scouring the internet and when I place the orders three of the items are out of stock.
Asked the dealership about the hard to get ones and they are telling me no ETA in sight on them.
Post #98 and probably back ordered but just put the order in.

Could be years before I see it lol

Kzr715

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 1968 M715, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Post #98 and probably back ordered but just put the order in.

Could be years before I see it lol
Yup, that is the last one I cancelled. I asked them if there were any lead times(even ballparks or anything)because i would be willing to just keep the order in, they did not respond so ended up cancelling.

Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I think I understand the issue - is it that you can't buy the rest of the Mopar components and wire it up due to the Gladiator wiring harness not being able to support it?

I do have a suggestion...
* Buy a 400w inverter - about $40.00
* Hook it up under the hood. You could make it switched if you didn't want it on all the time or, you could use an Anderson connector and manually connect it under the hood when you want power to the rear of the Jeep
* Run a wire to the back of the bed to the outlet that it appears you can purchase and install in the factory outlet location
Exactly, and its fairly simple to do.

Deleted member 28696

I suspect that the JSCAN will not work, I know for a fact that the TAZER JL mini will.

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MOJAVE, 2018 GC Trailhawk, 1989 Jeep Comanche
I ordered my parts a couple weeks ago. Hoping mine gets shipped soon! I only need the bezel and jumper harness.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Tried 3 Mopar parts houses for the jumper and the socket and none will order due to no ETA...cant believe they arent avail, so i will have to go to a dealer and see what the deal is. Are they no longer installing that option in the bed?

Deleted member 28696

Tried 3 Mopar parts houses for the jumper and the socket and none will order due to no ETA...cant believe they arent avail, so i will have to go to a dealer and see what the deal is. Are they no longer installing that option in the bed?
It was a few months ago but got all my parts here for the bed outlet

https://www.moparoneonline.com/

Dealers don’t install it, you have to get it with the option from the factory or get the parts do it yourself & activate it with the Tazer JL mini. Probably having supply chain issues due to Covid.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
It was a few months ago but got all my parts here for the bed outlet

Dealers don’t install it, you have to get it with the option from the factory or get the parts do it yourself & activate it with the Tazer JL mini. Probably having supply chain issues due to Covid.
Tried them and several of the other well known Mopar parts places with no luck. Im looking at a marine grade socket withcover and weather proof. I dont need the wiring harness, will run my own from the 1250W inverter to the socket. Will use one of the Aux Switchs to turn the inverter on and off. Waiting on the Genisis dual batt set up fir the diesel version to come online the make the system up. Will find a place to mount the inverter, prob behind a inner fender area close to the batteries, then run a made up harness down the frame ti the bed

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
So for those of us who DON'T have the 115 interior outlet and therefore DON'T already have the inverter, would it be possible to add the Mopar inverter so that we can go ahead with this mod? Does anyone have the part number?

Deleted member 28696

So for those of us who DON'T have the 115 interior outlet and therefore DON'T already have the inverter, would it be possible to add the Mopar inverter so that we can go ahead with this mod? Does anyone have the part number?
I would add a more powerful inverter & wire it in a different spot. For the most part the stock inverter is pretty useless. Won’t run a vacuum or any motor load will charge your phone or run a lamp or radio so depends on your needs. If you really want to add the stock components I’d contact these guys. They should be able to source the parts you need.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: