SubiRubi

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
2020 Rubicon with 4.88 gears..

So I was coming home to San Antonio the other day from Dallas.. Doing 75mph and all of a sudden my rear locker light came on and the dash showed that it was trying to lock my rear diff.. after a few seconds it went into a serv locker warning.. Been like that ever since..

I did a search and found that the usual culprit is the sensor inside the diff that shows that the locker is engaged.. it's a hall sensor which means it uses magnets to switch. I went ahead and took the diff cover off cause I needed to change the oil anyway. I have an ARB aftermarket cover and it has 2 magnets, one in the drain plug and one in the fill plug.. Even then I still found a ton of metal inside the locker sensor magnet. So I tried to clean as much of it out as I could. You can remove the sensor housing by taking out the upper bolt on the right bearing holder and using a torx bit to remove.. Seems to have worked cause my light is out and the locker works fine now. I'm sure this is the same for the front if that ever pops up.

Just and FYI for anyone that has this same issue. Lots of people on the internet will tell you it's not fixable and that the sensor is on backorder, axle needs replaced.. etc, etc..
Hope this helps..

Jeep Gladiator Rear locker error, Sensor malfunction. 20221224_161045
Jeep Gladiator Rear locker error, Sensor malfunction. 20221224_161041
Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR-HVY 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Build Thread
Link
2020 Rubicon with 4.88 gears..

So I was coming home to San Antonio the other day from Dallas.. Doing 75mph and all of a sudden my rear locker light came on and the dash showed that it was trying to lock my rear diff.. after a few seconds it went into a serv locker warning.. Been like that ever since..

I did a search and found that the usual culprit is the sensor inside the diff that shows that the locker is engaged.. it's a hall sensor which means it uses magnets to switch. I went ahead and took the diff cover off cause I needed to change the oil anyway. I have an ARB aftermarket cover and it has 2 magnets, one in the drain plug and one in the fill plug.. Even then I still found a ton of metal inside the locker sensor magnet. So I tried to clean as much of it out as I could. You can remove the sensor housing by taking out the upper bolt on the right bearing holder and using a torx bit to remove.. Seems to have worked cause my light is out and the locker works fine now. I'm sure this is the same for the front if that ever pops up.

Just and FYI for anyone that has this same issue. Lots of people on the internet will tell you it's not fixable and that the sensor is on backorder, axle needs replaced.. etc, etc..
Hope this helps..

Between that, and potting the sensor, seem to be the two big issues.

Glad to see you got it sorted with minimal downtime!