Sponsored

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
And what high gear has power to reduce? I barely use 5th gear on a windy day on the highway on stock 32inch tires.
Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
with my JT a auto which i love in my old age , ill looked at the clutch and pressure plate , with 2k temps there is no flaw design . its human error you can ride the brakes till they lock up . Im so glad jeep still offer a manual in JT and JL but put a idiot light on the dash so the pilot will not ride the clutch . They need to start a school for manual trans and have them learn on a 55 chevy belair 3 speed column
Let’s teach people how to double clutch and rev match with their right foot!
To heck with synchros!! :):)

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
And what high gear has power to reduce? I barely use 5th gear on a windy day on the highway on stock 32inch tires.
Stock Rubicon 33 inch. 80 mph, flat highway, no headwind, 6th no problem. 10-15 mph headwind or slight rolling hills, 80 mph, 5th no problem. Steeper inclines, 80 mph, passing most traffic in 4th no problem.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock Rubicon 33 inch. 80 mph, flat highway, no headwind, 6th no problem. 10-15 mph headwind or slight rolling hills, 80 mph, 5th no problem. Steeper inclines, 80 mph, passing most traffic in 4th no problem.
Lol, you acting like we have different engines. You have a better engine??

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)

Sponsored

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, lol. Obviously, i dont push my jeep like you do. Matter of preference.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, lol. Obviously, i dont push my jeep like you do. Matter of preference.
I guaranty you get better mileage in all modes. I’ve given up on averaging better than 17 mpg - no matter how I drive — in my Rubicon. I’m thinking the 4.10 rear has a lot to do with it. What axle does the Willy’s have?

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guaranty you get better mileage in all modes. I’ve given up on averaging better than 17 mpg - no matter how I drive — in my Rubicon. I’m thinking the 4.10 rear has a lot to do with it. What axle does the Willy’s have?
Well that answers the question, i dont have the 4.10. Didnt get the rubicon because i planned to regear to something bigger than 4.10 with a supercharger after the 3yr warranty was over.

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
Jeep will fix the problem by issuing a free-of-charge software update that will reduce the power sent to the clutch when the vehicle is in higher gears. Notices will be sent out to affected owners starting in mid-March.

So this was in a different artice i read, reduce the power sent to clutch in higher gears? So now it wont be temperture related?
That doesn't seem effective at all. The example over on the Wrangler Forum was going 35 in 3rd gear when his clutch grenaded and the RPMs and power curves exist the same across every gear, it's sorta why they're there. Lowering the torque for 5th and 6th will only force the driver to downshift for more power causing higher revs which will likely cause more heat. That fix doesn't even qualify as a Band-Aid.

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
Ordered my Sport S 6-speed on 12-11
Build sheet 01-16
Window sticker 01-21
Due at Tri-City this week by 02-11
Hasn't even arrived at the dealer and there is already an open recall. Needless to say I am not happy about this, even more disappointed with Jeep's band aid fix solution. I'm not looking forward to a detuned truck because I want to drive a manual.

One of the primary reasons I went in on the gladiator is to drive a truck with a manual: enjoy my toy the way I want to. I don't need a lot of power to have fun, just take it camping, some light off road, and be able to access remote areas to go kayaking. I'm certainly not looking for less power! I appreciate Jeep offering the manual as it's hard to find these days. However, I don't understand why there are so many issues with the Manual transmission: they have been manufactured for far longer than the automatic transmission, think they would have it down by now.

I have never owned a Jeep before and was really looking forward to it. Didn't want things to start off this way. Already bought over $1,000 in accessories. Jeep has forced me to come up with a plan B. Just got a reservation for a Ford Bronco. If I'm not happy with Jeep & their resolution to this problem, I'll be driving a Bronco Badlands with a 7-speed gearbox, more powerful ecoboost engine, & a marine grade vinyl interior!

Sponsored

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
I know alot of people are not up for doing it, but I am genuinely curious if replacing the clutch with an aftermarket option will eradicate the possibility of this happening. I dont mind throwing some money at the truck for some piece of mind. Its already overpriced whats another $1000 😂

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I know alot of people are not up for doing it, but I am genuinely curious if replacing the clutch with an aftermarket option will eradicate the possibility of this happening. I dont mind throwing some money at the truck for some piece of mind. Its already overpriced whats another $1000 😂
I was wondering about that. Skip the de tune and swap the clutch out.

We were looking to get my wife a 2 door JLR manual to supplement my JTM, but I don’t think we will do that now unless a better solution can be had.

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
The solution is seriously to reduce the torque? We paid for a shit amount of torque and I'm not sure we have ANY fucking torque to spare.

Unacceptable solution.

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
The solution is seriously to reduce the torque? We paid for a shit amount of torque and I'm not sure we have ANY fucking torque to spare.

Unacceptable solution.
I don't think you meant to quote me on that as I didn't mention FCA's solution, but that aside I 100% agree with you! Its BS.
Sponsored