First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Nurse
I'm going to be going through the process here soon as I have the leak too. The dealer so far has been very easy to work with. The only reason I am currently waiting is because they are going to do the steering box TSB at the same time, but can't get me in until late May early June due to building a new location. No big deal since I'm not really driving much these days anyway.

My biggest fear is that they jack up my hardtop. I've read the horror stories about it and am very concerned. I guess I'll see what happens!
Sponsored

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Black ext. / tan leather interior
I'm going to be going through the process here soon as I have the leak too. The dealer so far has been very easy to work with. The only reason I am currently waiting is because they are going to do the steering box TSB at the same time, but can't get me in until late May early June due to building a new location. No big deal since I'm not really driving much these days anyway.

My biggest fear is that they jack up my hardtop. I've read the horror stories about it and am very concerned. I guess I'll see what happens!
MIne was damaged from the glass removal. Dealer repainted mine behind the last seam.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Was two days short of two months but my replacement back window came in and was replaced. They sourced it to a third party glass shop.

The replacement job was "acceptable". I could pick the fly shit out the pepper on a couple of things but it will get me down the road. Have had one rain since and it seems to be fine.

El_Zorro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I am the next one. Appt on Tuesday to see what story/diagnosis I get from dealership. I already called and they have not seen this problem on JTs :(

Sponsored

anduff

First Name
Angus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2000 XJ, 98 XJ, 96 XJ
Occupation
Firefighter
I got offered the third party window also. No, I paid for a factory window and factory warranty.

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
As a friendly reminder have them double check the rear window defroster connection before you pick up your Jeep…

mattylmbr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Update - my install was completed today. First class work - zero blemishes on the cap, and nice sound install. The glass sits proper and flush on the back of the cap - and the even had a rain storm this evening and no leaks (so far)!
Nice work by Heritage Jeep in Parkville, MD.
And - thanks @JeepCares for the help!

anduff

First Name
Angus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2000 XJ, 98 XJ, 96 XJ
Occupation
Firefighter
Got a surprise email from Jeep Cares that my window was in at the dealership. Called dealership and they didnt even know it? Well I dropped it off tonight for the repair! Took detailed pics of the top to insure what the paint looked like.

Soedog

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2006 BMW Z4 3. 0si. Previous Jeeps: 2012 JK Sport, 2016 JK Rubicon Hard Rock Edition
Occupation
Quality Engineering Tech
Mine is scheduled for service next week.
Leaking at the top center of the window after a hard rain only. Hoping there are no issues with the repair / replacement.
Have had good luck with my dealer service on past issues at least but would like @JeepCares to monitor the situation just in case.

Sponsored

troy_brady

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle
Occupation
HSE Technician
Well - almost 5 months later and I finally have my new hardtop with a NON-LEAKING window. Good luck to everyone else dealing with these issues and be sure to be THOROUGH when picking it up upon completion.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I am the next one. Appt on Tuesday to see what story/diagnosis I get from dealership. I already called and they have not seen this problem on JTs :(
Hey, El_Zorro. Keep us updated on how your appointment goes. If you need an extra layer of assistance, please reach out to us in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Update - my install was completed today. First class work - zero blemishes on the cap, and nice sound install. The glass sits proper and flush on the back of the cap - and the even had a rain storm this evening and no leaks (so far)!
Nice work by Heritage Jeep in Parkville, MD.
And - thanks @JeepCares for the help!
So happy to hear that, mattylmbr. Thanks for the update!

Kate
Jeep Cares

Mine is scheduled for service next week.
Leaking at the top center of the window after a hard rain only. Hoping there are no issues with the repair / replacement.
Have had good luck with my dealer service on past issues at least but would like @JeepCares to monitor the situation just in case.
Hi, Soedog. We are in private message if you would like our assistance!

Kate
Jeep Cares

JTsGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I had the dreaded leaking hard top on my '20 as well. Unfortunately it took months to get the replacement glass in and I finally got Jeep Cares involved. I'm happy to report though that Jeep Cares was awesome to work with and the glass arrived at the dealer quickly thereafter. My dealer sublet the job to a glass company and they did a flawless job. I'm not sure why some are having issues with the hardtop getting scratched. That's odd to me. Automotive glass gets replaced all the time without cars getting scratched. I just mention that because I wouldn't ignore a water leak of any kind, even if the vehicle is a Jeep. Get the leak fixed under warranty. In the first year of ownership, the leaking back glass is the only time I've been to the dealer outside of routine service.

El_Zorro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Dealer found the leak and used part number 4467708 to fix it. :( and a /nice/ bead of clear silicone. I have not tested it.

I wonder when FCA will own this problem.

Description of such FCA part: Clear, flowable sealant for windshields, sunroofs, and headlamp assemblies. Flows into leaks like water, but dries to a tough, flexible waterproof seal that is resistant to temperature changes, vibration and shock.

Last edited:

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Dealer found the leak and used part number 4467708 to fix it. :( and a /nice/ bead of clear silicone. I have not tested it.

I wonder when FCA will own this problem.

Description of such FCA part: Clear, flowable sealant for windshields, sunroofs, and headlamp assemblies. Flows into leaks like water, but dries to a tough, flexible waterproof seal that is resistant to temperature changes, vibration and shock.
That is a crappy dealer bodge job... Some hacky service tech needs to go back to his shade tree, and FCA needs to rectify that. Take it to a different dealership (forever going forward) and make sure Jeep is involved.
Sponsored