Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
future diesel owner here.....do you current diesel owners find it anymore difficult to find fuel when on the road or do you carry rotopak or jerry can's to accommodate?
This is my first Diesel. I live in NJ and haven't had any issues. I would say 2/3 of the stations near me have diesel.
Sponsored

briandmiles

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 JTR ecodiesel, GMC Yukon XL Denali
future diesel owner here.....do you current diesel owners find it anymore difficult to find fuel when on the road or do you carry rotopak or jerry can's to accommodate?
Here in Northern Utah where I live there is diesel in nearly every station. Lots of trucks with diesel engines around here so it's no problem.

Brian

Mojave Dr.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Naturopathic doctor
I got the Black Rhino Rumble with 0 offset. I dont know for sure that it will work yet lol. I will let you know though!
I’ll be watching... just ordered the same wheels/offset this afternoon. But with 35’s. Loved the clean look, but really loved that they’re only 22 lbs.👍🏻

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I’ll be watching... just ordered the same wheels/offset this afternoon. But with 35’s. Loved the clean look, but really loved that they’re only 22 lbs.👍🏻
That's what I was after as well, the weight "savings". Only about 15lbs heavier with the new combo on there, so that shouldn't be too unbearable for the Jeep to handle. I like some of those other military/beadlock Black Rhino weels, but for offroading they just aren't practical. They have no way for mud/debris to clear out of the wheels, so it will just stick in there and cause horrible vibrations

Mojave Dr.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Naturopathic doctor
That's what I was after as well, the weight "savings". Only about 15lbs heavier with the new combo on there, so that shouldn't be too unbearable for the Jeep to handle. I like some of those other military/beadlock Black Rhino weels, but for offroading they just aren't practical. They have no way for mud/debris to clear out of the wheels, so it will just stick in there and cause horrible vibrations
Yes sir, agreed. Sounds like you'll have yours before me, so I'm looking forward to pics.

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
You can find it np you just gotta decide how much you're willing to pay for it ;)
Prices can range +$0.50 per gallon from Sam's/Murphy in NW Ark

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Yes sir, agreed. Sounds like you'll have yours before me, so I'm looking forward to pics.
We shall see! The wheels are coming from CA, and the tires from PA, and I'm down in South Texas. I ordered through 4Wheel Parts on Nov. 18th and there hasn't been any movement yet.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I have 37s but there is a sharp decrease in MPG above 60mph. At 75mph you are using a significant amount of fuel even going down hill. Pretty sure over 55, most of your power is used to overcome aerodynamics. Through the mountains of Western Maryland and WV I got 22+mpg going ~63mph average in the pouring rain and return trip was 20mpg at ~72mph on dry pavement. I also wouldn't be driving over 75 regularly with 37s and my kids in the truck.
Are you still running the stock 4:10s? With 37's and stock 3:73's my MPG was terrible. After breaking in the 5:13's, I'm now getting approximately 19 MPG at 65 MPH. I made the change for drivability, but the increase in MPG sure was a nice surprise.

Last edited:

Mojave Dr.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Naturopathic doctor
We shall see! The wheels are coming from CA, and the tires from PA, and I'm down in South Texas. I ordered through 4Wheel Parts on Nov. 18th and there hasn't been any movement yet.
Gotcha - mine are through Discount Tire... been a pleasure to deal with thus far! We'll see who gets them first - they have the tires, but ordered the wheels from Black Rhino. They indicated 7-10 days so I'll hope for that.

Sponsored

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Towed for the first time yesterday. Houston to San Antonio via interstate, ACC set for 75. 23 mpg per trip computer. Picked up trailer and Mule in San Antonio, weight of approximately 2750 pounds. Returned to Houston with ACC set for 65. 14.6 mpg per trip computer. Downshifted to 7 and sometimes 6 on hills. No issues with acceleration, handling or braking. Rubicon EcoDiesel with OEM AT 33s. 2 inch Mopar lift. 2500 miles on vehicle.
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel MPG.... at what speed? 63A0A531-FFE5-4C00-8107-9F9E0376AE05

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!

briandmiles

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 JTR ecodiesel, GMC Yukon XL Denali
Great build, although a little higher than I am thinking (35's). What is your gas mileage under load?
Around town and on the highway I’m getting about 19-20 mpg. If I go freeway I get about 22-23mpg. Not bad with a 4 inch lift and 37’s

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
I am so impressed with a the diesel, after 1250mi of in city stop and go traffic, to break in the engine, I finally got her on the road.

Pure city, stop and go heavy throttle to load engine and help braking = 23mpg

Phoenix AZ to Albuquerque to Hatch to Tucson and back to Phoenix (almost 1000mi) 70-75mpg = 30.6mpg … amazing!

Now, this engine has taught me some things, the engine after 75, mileage tanks, even 75 is a little more thirsty than 70.

This engine seems overall more efficient with solid load to accelerate to speed then cruise, city mileage dips if your gentle on the pedal lightly accelerating to cruising speed.

If the engine can pull some serious inclines at 70mph in 8th gear, impressive …

Having owned 4 TJ/LJs with manual 4.0s I really appreciate the diesel power! Compared to my 2 JK 3.6 and 1 JK 3.8 manual and gladiator 3.6 manual (see a pattern???) this 3.0 diesel blows their doors off without spinning past 2000rpm.

BTW: I have been dosing with hotshots EDT.

I almost do not want to install 35’s and a mopar lift, as I am blown away with the power, smoothness and efficiency of this power plant … 3.6 naysayers can keep their squirrel powered jeeps.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I almost do not want to install 35’s and a mopar lift, as I am blown away with the power, smoothness and efficiency of this power plant … 3.6 naysayers can keep their squirrel powered jeeps.
After installing 35s and Mopar 2" lift in mine, I hardly noticed a hit to the power or MPGs... YMMV of course, but I would go for it. Now I'm just dealing with some death wobble... lol
Sponsored