First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Mojave, 1941 Willys
Occupation
Ford and Jeep warranty claim analyst.
My Mojave has Mopar beadlock wheels and 37" tires on stock gearing. I have no issues with power even with the heavier tires and I do a bit of city driving zipping in and out of traffic. I picked up a new camper last week and even though it was like pulling a 2700# brick behind me I cruised at 65 in 6th gear (automatic trans manually shifted) with no power issues. I do live in Michigan so not much for hills. I am putting a hold on regearing because I don't know, for where I am, that the gearing would be of much benifit.

b4J3w5.jpg

Hank
Sponsored

Joe Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
i came from modded diesels Rams last 20yrs so im not expecting that power but this V6 is under powered IMO, its an auto and when its in 3rd gear i feel the need to go out and push. But i will test drive a newer model and see if theres a differance now that you got me thinking ...

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
Jumping back in.. I run the Banks Pedal Monster, 35s Automatic. I can light the rears up with just off idle hit it.. did away completely with any start off lag..and strong thru all the gears. BTW.. look up the HP on the 5.7L hemi.. almost the same as the 3.6L the difference is the Torque #s.

JW Jeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
So ever since I have had my 21 Mojave I have always felt like as far as power, it had that “Couldn’t pull a greasy string out of a gnats ass” kind of power. With that said, I drove another 21 Mojave today and Shazam! That thing moved out like a scalded dog! What in the heck?! Could there be that much inconsistency in power? Has anyone else experienced this?
Well I don’t have a Mojave so not Apples to apples and also have highway tires. I have higher gears though. All considered better not test drive the overland or you will be even more disappointed. I have 3000 miles and it runs great. Just saying ?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Jumping back in.. I run the Banks Pedal Monster, 35s Automatic. I can light the rears up with just off idle hit it.. did away completely with any start off lag..and strong thru all the gears. BTW.. look up the HP on the 5.7L hemi.. almost the same as the 3.6L the difference is the Torque #s.
395 hp and 410 ft lbs, it's in a completely different league compared to the 3.6s 285 260lbft

Sponsored

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Make no mistake: The pentastar was mildly impressive in 2012. In 2023, it's far and away the back of the pack in terms of power. It's not good on gas, either. There is never a time I've felt the gladiator was too fast, too powerful, or too efficient. I'm not pleased with the engine screaming at 4k while towing because that's where it's odd powerband is. Even with 50 additional hp/tq and 5 mpg across the board it would still be a dog. The 392s are fawned over because that is the power that Jeeps should have.

That being said....

I'll take reliability over power and speed anyday. I've never had so much of a hiccup with 3 pentastar powered vehicles. I'm certainly not worried about overpowering the axleshafts, pinion, or driveshafts. I'm not terribly concerned that the gladiator is slow. I think perhaps the Ford Ranger has the right power specs for a midsize truck, but the rest of the field is about the same as the gladiator.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I have a 21 Mojave and I think it’s kinda slower than my buddy’s lifted Rubi. Was there an TBS or something about a PCM update?
I’ve had two recall updates done so far on my 21. Recalls came in the mail.

Sponsored

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I’ve had two recall updates done so far on my 21. Recalls came in the mail.
Do you happen to know when yours was built? I ordered mine in early January of 21 and took delivery mid February. Haven’t received anything in the mail as far as recall, just extended warranty crap. Thanks

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Make no mistake: The pentastar was mildly impressive in 2012. In 2023, it's far and away the back of the pack in terms of power. It's not good on gas, either. There is never a time I've felt the gladiator was too fast, too powerful, or too efficient. I'm not pleased with the engine screaming at 4k while towing because that's where it's odd powerband is. Even with 50 additional hp/tq and 5 mpg across the board it would still be a dog. The 392s are fawned over because that is the power that Jeeps should have.

That being said....

I'll take reliability over power and speed anyday. I've never had so much of a hiccup with 3 pentastar powered vehicles. I'm certainly not worried about overpowering the axleshafts, pinion, or driveshafts. I'm not terribly concerned that the gladiator is slow. I think perhaps the Ford Ranger has the right power specs for a midsize truck, but the rest of the field is about the same as the gladiator.
The outgoing colorado and canyon are the quickest of the bunch and the 2023 with 310hp and 430tq should be even quicker. I will add a pedal commader or similar to see if that makes a difference on the Gladiator

The Gladiator is the slowest vehicle I have owned in the past 12 or so years but seem fine around town. I only wish for more power when I am on the hilly interstates nearby.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Do you happen to know when yours was built? I ordered mine in early January of 21 and took delivery mid February. Haven’t received anything in the mail as far as recall, just extended warranty crap. Thanks
Oct 2021