2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired photographer
Build date: 12/2019
Mileage when it first occurred: 600
How many times has it occurred: ongoing
What exact codes did it throw: multi cylinder misfire 2 4 and 6
Is the issue on going? YES
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? Told me it could be gas, Now they are just waiting on Jeep engineers to tell them what to do. Also swapped spark plugs which did no good.
Was the issue ever fully resolved? Y/N NO

I loved my Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and after 600 miles the A! came on then two days later the CEL with rough first start of the day. Idle is Very rough when it's cold and if I let it idle long the CEL will blink and chime. The mechanic said it was vibrating on one side of the engine. It has been at the shop twice and is now there till who knows when. They are waiting on instructions from the engineers... said something about a Star Ticket.
I am super dissapointed. It's my first jeep. It has been at the shop almost a week and
I am still waiting on a courtesy vehicle.

Update
Today the dealership called me. We have had it at the shop twice and the second time they have had it for 14 days. They said the engineers are waiting for approval of a new software fix from the EPA. The engineers did not want them trying to fix it because of the new software fix they have coming. The service manager said we "could" pick it up and drive it until they get that fix.
My question is its been there for 15 days total and if I pick it up and drive it knowing it's not fixed yet wouldn't I be hurting my chances at lemon law for it? I have a loner stupid van, I would love to drive it but don't want ruin my chances if this new "fix" they are waiting on doesn't really work. Please help!!!
Sponsored

Vickie Sae

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired photographer
Build date: 12/2019
Mileage when it first occurred: 600
How many times has it occurred: ongoing
What exact codes did it throw: multi cylinder misfire 2 4 and 6
Is the issue on going? YES
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? Told me it could be gas, Now they are just waiting on Jeep engineers to tell them what to do. Also swapped spark plugs which did no good.
Was the issue ever fully resolved? Y/N NO

I loved my Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and after 600 miles the A! came on then two days later the CEL with rough first start of the day. Idle is Very rough when it's cold and if I let it idle long the CEL will blink and chime. The mechanic said it was vibrating on one side of the engine. It has been at the shop twice and is now there till who knows when. They are waiting on instructions from the engineers... said something about a Star Ticket.
I am super dissapointed. It's my first jeep. It has been at the shop almost a week and
I am still waiting on a courtesy vehicle.
UPDATE
Today the dealership called me. We have had it at the shop twice and the second time they have had it for 14 days. They said the engineers are waiting for approval of a new software fix from the EPA. The engineers did not want them trying to fix it because of the new software fix they have coming. The service manager said we "could" pick it up and drive it until they get that fix.
My question is its been there for 15 days total and if I pick it up and drive it knowing it's not fixed yet wouldn't I be hurting my chances at lemon law for it? I have a loner stupid van, I would love to drive it but don't want ruin my chances if this new "fix" they are waiting on doesn't really work. Please help!!!

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
If your check engine light is flashing then the vehicle should not be driven. You can damage the catalytic converter.

Vickie Sae

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired photographer
If your check engine light is flashing then the vehicle should not be driven. You can damage the catalytic converter.
Thank you! I am a 60 year old gal that travels often long distances alone and I really don't want to be stranded. I am shocked they said I could just pick it up and drive it until a solution was found.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Thank you! I am a 60 year old gal that travels often long distances alone and I really don't want to be stranded. I am shocked they said I could just pick it up and drive it until a solution was found.

From your owners manual:

When the engine is running, the MIL may flash to alert serious conditions that could lead to immediate loss of power or severe catalytic converter damage. The vehicle should be serviced by an authorized dealer as soon as possible if this occurs.

WARNING:
A malfunctioning catalytic converter, as referenced above, can reach higher temperatures than in normal operating conditions. This can cause a fire if you drive slowly or park over flammable substances such as dry plants, wood, cardboard, etc. This could result in death or serious injury to the driver, occupants or others.
CAUTION:
Prolonged driving with the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) on could cause damage to the vehicle control system. It also could affect fuel economy and driveability. If the MIL is flashing, severe catalytic converter damage and power loss will soon occur. Immediate service is required.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Vickie Sae

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired photographer
From your owners manual:

When the engine is running, the MIL may flash to alert serious conditions that could lead to immediate loss of power or severe catalytic converter damage. The vehicle should be serviced by an authorized dealer as soon as possible if this occurs.

WARNING:
A malfunctioning catalytic converter, as referenced above, can reach higher temperatures than in normal operating conditions. This can cause a fire if you drive slowly or park over flammable substances such as dry plants, wood, cardboard, etc. This could result in death or serious injury to the driver, occupants or others.
CAUTION:
Prolonged driving with the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) on could cause damage to the vehicle control system. It also could affect fuel economy and driveability. If the MIL is flashing, severe catalytic converter damage and power loss will soon occur. Immediate service is required.
Thank you, That's hard to hear because I really want to drive it but it is exactly what I need to hear. Thank you Thank you Thank YOU!

Gladiator Rube

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Owner
Status update: Dealer said they couldn't recreate the A!@ problem, after trying for a few days. They waited and waited for "Jeepdoesntcare" to call them and they never received a call. Neither did I even after the "private message". So now I wait for the A!@ to happen again then I will take more pictures and take it back to the dealer for trouble-shooting again.
This is a pretty big safety issue in my opinion since if I am 200 miles away from civilization and this Jeep craps out how do I get back or get help?.
I believe all 32 of us on this forum should now post this concern at the NHTSA.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Glade8tor

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Status update: Dealer said they couldn't recreate the A!@ problem, after trying for a few days. They waited and waited for "Jeepdoesntcare" to call them and they never received a call. Neither did I even after the "private message". So now I wait for the A!@ to happen again then I will take more pictures and take it back to the dealer for trouble-shooting again.
This is a pretty big safety issue in my opinion since if I am 200 miles away from civilization and this Jeep craps out how do I get back or get help?.
I believe all 32 of us on this forum should now post this concern at the NHTSA.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/
Hey Gladiator Fans I bought an Overland 4/28/2020 had it four days when ESS light and CEL activate with rough idle no power. Three visits and 48 days in shop and my Dealer traded out the Gladiator two days ago. FCA was very slow and the great dealer did the swap independently. Bad news is two days and 46 miles and ESS / CEL rough idle no power have started. Jeep has a major problem. Possibly defective phasers and variable valve timing systems.

Vickie Sae

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired photographer
Hey Gladiator Fans I bought an Overland 4/28/2020 had it four days when ESS light and CEL activate with rough idle no power. Three visits and 48 days in shop and my Dealer traded out the Gladiator two days ago. FCA was very slow and the great dealer did the swap independently. Bad news is two days and 46 miles and ESS / CEL rough idle no power have started. Jeep has a major problem. Possibly defective phasers and variable valve timing systems.
Wow, this is just terrible! So Sorry.

Sponsored

JayHop

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Creative Director
Sounds like a recall may be in order.

OneBadHombre

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave being built...
Occupation
Medical Devices
Do you know the build dates of these two?

You’re the second person on here to say they Lemon’d one, got another and had same issue.

Sorry you’re having to deal with this man, has to be ridiculously frustrating.

jwork435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Wow! I got mine back today. They said they were going to deliver it but I had to go pick it up. I don’t have the CEL on yet but I believe it’s just a matter of time. I do think there has to be a pattern-build dates, manufacturer of parts-something. It’s interesting that we don’t hear anything from FCA at all on this. I’ll join a class action lawsuit or joint complaint to NHTSA when my truck does this again. Oh here’s a good one, I picked my Gladiator up today and got my key with no paperwork. I asked for the girl at the service desk for it and she said they have to send it to FCA “for processing“ and it would be a week before they could email me a copy. I said, “Really? Because that paperwork documents my third visit for this issue.” I’ll be after them for it. I took before and after pictures of the odometer and I have already contacted an attorney. I will definitely be contacting the NC State Attorney General Josh Stein if FCA gives my attorney any problem about replacing or refunding this vehicle after the fourth time this happens. My experience in NC is if you contact the AG on something like this they don’t mess around. My dealer has been, for the most part, great. If they fixed it-awesome. But if not we will do what we have to do. PS-I love the two things I’ve read here “Flawdiator” and “JeepDoesn’tCare.” Hopefully “Lemonator” is not next.

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Wow! I got mine back today. They said they were going to deliver it but I had to go pick it up. I don’t have the CEL on yet but I believe it’s just a matter of time. I do think there has to be a pattern-build dates, manufacturer of parts-something. It’s interesting that we don’t hear anything from FCA at all on this. I’ll join a class action lawsuit or joint complaint to NHTSA when my truck does this again. Oh here’s a good one, I picked my Gladiator up today and got my key with no paperwork. I asked for the girl at the service desk for it and she said they have to send it to FCA “for processing“ and it would be a week before they could email me a copy. I said, “Really? Because that paperwork documents my third visit for this issue.” I’ll be after them for it. I took before and after pictures of the odometer and I have already contacted an attorney. I will definitely be contacting the NC State Attorney General Josh Stein if FCA gives my attorney any problem about replacing or refunding this vehicle after the fourth time this happens. My experience in NC is if you contact the AG on something like this they don’t mess around. My dealer has been, for the most part, great. If they fixed it-awesome. But if not we will do what we have to do. PS-I love the two things I’ve read here “Flawdiator” and “JeepDoesn’tCare.” Hopefully “Lemonator” is not next.
lol I called mine Le’Mon

Gameshow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Well, add me to the list. Thanks to my dealership, I’ve already contacted FCA and have a case number. Already did the spark plug/coil replacement and now back in the shop faced with “it may be the cam or lifter arm and it’ll take 10 days to get those parts.” Which, thanks to these threads, I know won’t fix anything.

Look, I’m in the airplane sales business, and in cases like this, it’s better for the OEM (FCA) to just pull the vehicle back for a replacement than throw money and time at a known flaw. I don’t buy the “software fix is coming” line, or this would be a much more expansive issue requiring a recall. Figure out the affected lot/lots and start offering to replace vehicles. That’s the Jeep thing to do, if indeed @JeepCares.
Sponsored