First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
Anyone running the Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit on the JTO? I noticed that it does not come with shock extension brackets however Teraflex claims they are unnecessary and will work with the stock shocks. Can anyone confirm/deny that? Has anyone had any problems? I plan on throwing 285/75/18 on my stock wheels.
If anyone wants to chime in with their experience or/ pictures of their rides with this setup, I’d appreciate it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
NewGladdyOWNR

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
Anyone running the Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit on the JTO? I noticed that it does not come with shock extension brackets however Teraflex claims they are unnecessary and will work with the stock shocks. Can anyone confirm/deny that? Has anyone had any problems? I plan on throwing 285/75/18 on my stock wheels.
If anyone wants to chime in with their experience or/ pictures of their rides with this setup, I’d appreciate it!
Bump! Anyone?

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
I run the 1.5" kit just as it came w stock shocks no issues. I did swap out the mopar LCA from the lift 2" kit just cause.

I'm running 285/75r17's, can't see how the 18 rim would not work just fine.

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
So I don’t just have the teraflex leveling kit . But I would recommend swapping the stock overland shocks for some rubicon take offs. Low cost, they get you the extra length, and handle rougher roads more smoothly and reduce bounce in the rear.

295/70r18 Falken Wildpeak AT3w on stock Overland wheels.
Rubicon take off Shocks and springs.
Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit
Daystar 3/4” rear spacer.
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit on JTO ? C318A033-8F00-4897-B401-F2814D1A5829

OP
OP
NewGladdyOWNR

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
I run the 1.5" kit just as it came w stock shocks no issues. I did swap out the mopar LCA from the lift 2" kit just cause.

I'm running 285/75r17's, can't see how the 18 rim would not work just fine.
Yea i found another thread that suggested using the 2” Mopar lift LCA’s, I’ll definitely do that. Also, I noticed that Teraflex install video of the 1.5” kit doesn’t call for shock extension brackets, I wonder if I’ll be losing ride quality w/o the extension brackets..

Sponsored

OP
OP
NewGladdyOWNR

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
So I don’t just have the teraflex leveling kit . But I would recommend swapping the stock overland shocks for some rubicon take offs. Low cost, they get you the extra length, and handle rougher roads more smoothly and reduce bounce in the rear.

Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit on JTO ? C318A033-8F00-4897-B401-F2814D1A5829
Thanks! I found some take off rubicon shocks on FB marketplace for $225, with less that 500 miles on them (supposedly). Is that a good deal?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Some of us have had MORE bounce with Rubicon fox shocks - mine for sure. They are like shocks with 70,000 miles on them. My stock Overland shocks didn't bounce, these do.

I'll be looking to take the Rubicon shocks off and get BETTER shocks on the back of my Overland.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
It's in line, Any place from 200-250 seems normal for shocks.

I did not notice any ride change in my kit install, I did the 3/4" Daystar rear also.

After top, before bottom.

IMG_2366[20275].jpg

IMG_2313[20295].jpg

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I found some take off rubicon shocks on FB marketplace for $225, with less that 500 miles on them (supposedly). Is that a good deal?
Around $200 for shocks and springs is the going rate for a good deal. The springs out of a diesel go for a bit more.

I don’t think you will notice a ride quality difference vs stock height, you’ll just limit some down travel, but if you install the bump stop that comes with the teraflex kit you should hit bump stop before bottoming out either Shock.

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Some of us have had MORE bounce with Rubicon fox shocks - mine for sure. They are like shocks with 70,000 miles on them. My stock Overland shocks didn't bounce, these do.

I'll be looking to take the Rubicon shocks off and get BETTER shocks on the back of my Overland.
That’s interesting because it was a night and day difference for me moving from My stock overland rear suspension to the Rubi take offs. Stiffened up and settled down the ride dramatically.

When the time comes I will be putting in proper upgrades shocks rather than sticking with OEM though. Either tuned Fox 2.0’s or Falcon 2.1’s

Sponsored

OP
OP
NewGladdyOWNR

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
Around $200 for shocks and springs is the going rate for a good deal. The springs out of a diesel go for a bit more.

I don’t think you will notice a ride quality difference vs stock height, you’ll just limit some down travel, but if you install the bump stop that comes with the teraflex kit you should hit bump stop before bottoming out either Shock.
Are you saying the lift limits the down travel because there are not shock extension brackets or just that the Rubicon take off shocks are just firmer and that limits the down travel..sorry newbie here

OP
OP
NewGladdyOWNR

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist

Ideally, I’d like to get falcon or fox shocks, but not in my budget atm. I’m just trying to get a leveling kit, so I can add 285/75/18’s while maintaining ride quality (or close to it)

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Are you saying the lift limits the down travel because there are not shock extension brackets or just that the Rubicon take off shocks are just firmer and that limits the down travel..sorry newbie here
Rubicon shocks are physically longer and shock length tends to be the limiting factor for down travel.

Stock shocks with the 1.5” level will still bottom out at the same length as if you weren’t lifted so your not actually increasing performance the same way you would with shock extensions or just longer shocks.

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Not an Overland, but an 80AE which is pretty darn similar. They both share the same factory rims, however I swapped mine with Vision Se7ens in 18x9 and 295/70R18. Also installed the full 1.5 Teraflex and the Mopar LCAs. I feel it rides better now than when stock.
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit on JTO ? 17895E96-223A-497F-AA73-E66F862BD87A
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit on JTO ? FC56F9CF-69C6-49A3-945C-5C85F8BE9852
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit on JTO ? 9E78C49F-9E5A-40D2-B7C0-765A22FBD42D

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit on JTO ? 9E78C49F-9E5A-40D2-B7C0-765A22FBD42D
Very nice. I'm literally going for that exact same set up.

Just got my 295s although I went with Coopers which I love. Only difference is I'm on the fence about maybe adding a 1.75 wheel spacer since the 295s just don't give the amount of poke naturally that I'd like, considering I too kept the stock overland wheel.
Sponsored