Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice. I'm literally going for that exact same set up.

Just got my 295s although I went with Coopers which I love. Only difference is I'm on the fence about maybe adding a 1.75 wheel spacer since the 295s just don't give the amount of poke naturally that I'd like, considering I too kept the stock overland wheel.
They just poke past the fenders, so if your going for a bit more stance you will need spacers. I thought about it, but my preference would be just another inch, and 1” spacers require cutting wheel studs and that was enough for me to just leave it as is.

(Picture is pre-lift)

2A5A4DE3-D63B-4369-8C57-0311B85D1128.jpeg
Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
They just poke past the fenders, so if your going for a bit more stance you will need spacers. I thought about it, but my preference would be just another inch, and 1” spacers require cutting wheel studs and that was enough for me to just leave it as is.

(Picture is pre-lift)

2A5A4DE3-D63B-4369-8C57-0311B85D1128.jpeg
Not sure if it’s the angle or just the Falken tires you have but yours look like the poke just a tad bit more than my Coopers. Not bad actually. Maybe if mine were like that, I wouldn’t be considering a spacer. I’m so on the fence about it.

before /after 295s
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit on JTO ? B25EBF30-3AC6-4619-8BE9-C5D6AC130D82

After
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit on JTO ? 7B4B4718-F7E4-4327-AFB4-9EC6BBF59705

Merrick

First Name
Merrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Willys, 2020 Jeep JL Sport S
Occupation
Sales Manager
So I don’t just have the teraflex leveling kit . But I would recommend swapping the stock overland shocks for some rubicon take offs. Low cost, they get you the extra length, and handle rougher roads more smoothly and reduce bounce in the rear.

295/70r18 Falken Wildpeak AT3w on stock Overland wheels.
Rubicon take off Shocks and springs.
Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit
Daystar 3/4” rear spacer.
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit on JTO ? 7B4B4718-F7E4-4327-AFB4-9EC6BBF59705
The stock shocks on an Overland and the Rubicon shocks are the exact same length. The springs are the difference.

Merrick

First Name
Merrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Yea i found another thread that suggested using the 2” Mopar lift LCA’s, I’ll definitely do that. Also, I noticed that Teraflex install video of the 1.5” kit doesn’t call for shock extension brackets, I wonder if I’ll be losing ride quality w/o the extension brackets..
You don't need to change the control arms if only doing the levelling kit. I've been running it for 5,000 miles with zero issues. Only need the longer control arms if going 2 inches or above in lift.

jorbasaurus

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT
Occupation
HRIS Consulting
Another vote to include JTR takeoff shocks and springs along with your spacer install. This is my first Jeep as well, so I wanted to take the additions slowly to see what I liked and what I would need for the type of terrain the JT sees. I plan to scrap this setup for a real lift in the next year or so, but as long as the shocks don’t get floaty like some have reported, I’m very happy with the ride quality and increased capability.

‘21 JTO

JTRD takeoff shocks and springs
Teraflex 1.5 level
Daystar .75 rear spacer
315/70/17 K02s

BE12695C-DF95-484D-94FC-3EE1F2D7C990.jpeg

Sponsored

Merrick

First Name
Merrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
There are a bunch of folks on here giving incorrect information.

1. Rubicon shocks and stock shocks from all other JT trim levels are the exact same length. The difference in height is all spring related.

2. Rubicon springs will give some "lift" in the range of an inch to an inch and a half. It depends on the Rubicon springs you get. Look for a set that came off a hard top with the steel bumper group. They have the highest spring rate and give the most "lift."

3. You don't need longer control arms. The levelling kit isn't enough to change the geometry that dramatically.

4. Make sure that you re-center your steering wheel and have your truck aligned after install. I re-centered the wheel but didn't align. Now I need new tires as the fronts "feathered" and are now loud as hell.

5. Be patient looking for Rubicon take offs. If you watch Facebook marketplace there will be some good deals out there. I picked up Rubicon springs and shocks for $200.00.

6. If you're concerned about the shortness of the front sway bar end links after you add the levelling kit and springs, you can use a set of rear JT sway bar end links on the front. Function perfectly and give better geometry to the sway bar after install. Learned this from the dealership I bought from, and I trust the tech I work with more than any off road shop I've ever used.

Hope this clears up some misinformation and gets folks dialed in using the leveling kit and Rubicon take offs.

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
You don't need to change the control arms if only doing the levelling kit. I've been running it for 5,000 miles with zero issues. Only need the longer control arms if going 2 inches or above in lift.
3. You don't need longer control arms. The levelling kit isn't enough to change the geometry that dramatically.
You are both correct, the longer control arms aren’t NEEDED, but they are a great upgrade and here’s why:

Both the JL and JT suffer from low caster from the factory. Many have added the Mopar LCAs to bone stock JLs to help reduce or remove the wander. Since the Mopar LCAs are designed for a 2” lift, adding them to the 1.5” leveling kit actually gains a little more caster than stock and greatly improves the handling.
Now since you’re supposed to loosen the control arms when installing the level kit, may as well take the extra 10 minutes and $60 to swap out the stock ones with the Mopar pieces and reap the benefits.

OP
OP
NewGladdyOWNR

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist

1. Rubicon shocks and stock shocks from all other JT trim levels are the exact same length. The difference in height is all spring related.

2. Rubicon springs will give some "lift" in the range of an inch to an inch and a half. It depends on the Rubicon springs you get. Look for a set that came off a hard top with the steel bumper group. They have the highest spring rate and give the most "lift."

4. Make sure that you re-center your steering wheel and have your truck aligned after install. I re-centered the wheel but didn't align. Now I need new tires as the fronts "feathered" and are now loud as hell.

5. Be patient looking for Rubicon take offs. If you watch Facebook marketplace there will be some good deals out there. I picked up Rubicon springs and shocks for $200.00.

6. If you're concerned about the shortness of the front sway bar end links after you add the levelling kit and springs, you can use a set of rear JT sway bar end links on the front. Function perfectly and give better geometry to the sway bar after install. Learned this from the dealership I bought from, and I trust the tech I work with more than any off road shop I've ever used.

Hope this clears up some misinformation and gets folks dialed in using the leveling kit and Rubicon take offs.

Thanks for the info!

I decided to do the leveling kit, adding 2” mopar lift kit LCA’s (because eventually I will be going to a higher lift), also went with Synergy shock extension brackets, even though i heard the 1.5” leveling kit will not effect travel of the shocks, but i want to maintain the ride as much as possible. Eventually, I will be going with a higher lift, falcon shocks, etc, but for now i just want to level out the truck and get some beefier tires. This type of setup mostly fits my budget right now.

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting

Does anyone know the Part Numbers for these specific two front springs?
Nevermind - Got lucky and found a used set of 340/343 front springs. Pretty sure they're the ones from a LE / Rubi with hardtop & steel front bumper.
Sponsored

Last edited: