Sponsored

The hardest vehicle to hand wash - ever!

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
I can stand on the running boards and reach the roof! LOL

I need to look into these cannons people are talking about. I have a gas powered pressure washer already. This is interesting to see how others do it. I've been using garden hose and my soft cloths and distilled water to finish drying.
Homedepot has a great special on electric Pressure washers now. I use the electric instead of the gas one. Much less of a hassle. I use this Cannon. Works great once you adjust it correctly. For me I had to turn the knob all the way to the right.

I dry with the Worx Electric Blower, It gets to about 80% dry. I then hit the car with detail spray(I use Adam's but any detail spray works) and towel dry what's left. Makes drying faster and you apply the detail spray at the same time.

I like to use 303 Aerospace protectant for the interior. It's not cheap but it leaves the interior looking like the day you picked her up from the dealer. The stuff is amazing!!
Sponsored

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
I can stand on the running boards and reach the roof! LOL

I need to look into these cannons people are talking about. I have a gas powered pressure washer already. This is interesting to see how others do it. I've been using garden hose and my soft cloths and distilled water to finish drying.
Depending on how powerful your pressure washer is you're gonna want to change the size of the orifice inside of the foam cannon. I have both a gas and electric power washer and my cannon works much better with the weaker electric power washer I have. I started off with this cannon from advanced auto parts because it came with the stubby spray gun. Kind of a pain in the butt having the cannon hanging off those long wands pressure washers come with. You should also be able to find this mr.pink soap at most auto parts stores. Foams like crazy and is super cheap!

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...tips-ac4700/12103060-P?searchTerm=foam+cannon

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...mpoo-cws-402-16/11906733-P?searchTerm=mr+pink

PicklesJ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT-S/MT &'10 Wrangler JKU-S
Occupation
Retired (military & civil service)
Vehicle Showcase
On a day with a good steady rain that will last for a while, don the rain jacket and wipe down with a mitt. Natural rinse and dry follow. It’s a jeep.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Was thinking of using the Fluid Film this winter. If wheeling, does dirt and dust stick to it since it's sticky? And if the frame was muddy, could you powerwash or would you then have to re-Fluid film?
Dirt and dust definitely stick to it, pressure washing would remove it I think. Probably have to reapply after pressure washing.

Sponsored

Rattydude77

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Contractor
Summer time I usually go to Delta Sonic car wash then go home and finish the detailing fine tuning and this winter I will use my DeWalt battery powered pressure washer with 540 psi

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I used to hand wash my cars with nothing but Griots products. Car/Motorcycle Air blower is the only way to dry as far as I'm concerned. I have tons of Griots products and highly recommend them. I'm still doing the Harley that way.

When I get the Mojave I'm getting it ceramic coated. Then I'll run it through a brushless spray only car wash when it needs it.

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
I just drive it through the local wash every 3 or 4 weeks.

Because ehh, who cares.
I know this question stems from ignorance (my first truck) but are there any issue I would need to be aware of putting a Truck (vs car) through a car-wash?

Thanks.

Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
$12 car wash? AL must be inexpensive. Here in North VA its $32 and it comes with extra scratches from the geniuses drying the vehicle with rings on and belts!

Last edited:

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I use a local, well-maintained automatic wash that (gasp!) uses brushes. I pay a monthly fee for the maximum amount of wash, wax, ceramic coating whatever that is, tire shine, blow dry, and vacuum, and I get to go through whenever I like. Sometimes it gets washed several times a week depending on rain frequency.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Always by hand, often, no car wash or power washer. I think it washes fast and easy except for the bugs on the grill. Got a system down good. Poor man's meditation! Even bought my wheels with focus on how fast the can be cleaned. Smooth MoFo!

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I just pay someone to do it. About $40 will get you a really good cleaning and $140 will get you a good cleaning and waxing in my area. The guy I use is great. I normally hit him up about 3 times a month for a wash. $120 seems like a deal to me, my times very valuable and I ain't got time to be wasting it on washing a truck or BMW. Also why I pay someone to mow my grass.