Sponsored

This seems like a good deal thoughts?

rhoms3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a jeep
I had the Central Florida CDJR folks back off quite a bit on their initial attempt at junk fees. Ended up being 26% off MSRP "fees inclusive" after some discussion (instead of the 32% off MSRP they were advertising on Auto Trader).

If @iklo 's yellow JT has less than 50-60 miles on the odometer, and it's 30% off MSRP "fees inclusive", probably not a bad deal?
30% off with fees is a deal. Unless of course we see a better program after 2/7.
Sponsored

Mr.Wilson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and a JL
Thoughts? Ummmmmm $76,000 for a Gladiator is INSANE! Big discounts are there to make you feel warm and fuzzy thinking you’re actually getting a “deal”. It started overpriced to begin with. Like any of the other brand trucks. If we continue to buy highly over priced trucks they’ll just raise the prices higher and higher every year.

JKenTex

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.0 Excursion
Occupation
Retired
Thoughts? Ummmmmm $76,000 for a Gladiator is INSANE! Big discounts are there to make you feel warm and fuzzy thinking you’re actually getting a “deal”. It started overpriced to begin with. Like any of the other brand trucks. If we continue to buy highly over priced trucks they’ll just raise the prices higher and higher every year.
It's a diesel. That's a stout premium, but there's several differences in the truck. I'd love to find one, but I've also been driving a diesel (not Jeep) for 20 years and I'm kinda looking forward to fuel prices that aren't diesel prices!

BlackRuby23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
It's a diesel. That's a stout premium, but there's several differences in the truck. I'd love to find one, but I've also been driving a diesel (not Jeep) for 20 years and I'm kinda looking forward to fuel prices that aren't diesel prices!
I love diesel engines. I've had four 1 ton Cummins diesel powered trucks in a row (still have one), had a Mercedes 300D, and I have a John Deere 4x4 diesel tractor. That being said, I was not brave enough to dip my toe into that Ecodiesel engine after all the problems I have read about it.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Squeaky wheel is what most folks read about.
The cp4 pump has been an issue since it was released…. 100k-120k replace the pump has been fairly common for oh? 10-15 years now….

I think it’s harder for people to swallow the pill overall on most vehicles, therefore highlighting the few issues that a diesel has, makes them feel better about not paying a premium for torque. I won’t open the hybrid bag of bananas for those that be-bop around town and duck each other in hybrid jeeps…. But those looking for economy, torque and as much reliability as any other jeep

These are jeeps…. Square non-aerodynamic toys, that used to be built for a purpose “off road”….

$58k looks like one of the lowest priced far out editions I have seen.
If it meets your needs- do it. If the price tag is too much, find something else…. Nickel and dimeing $1-2k on something that can easily get $20k in modifications seems silly to me.
You’re shopping for a jeep… buy what you like and don’t look back. When you tear something up off road, don’t think about the $58k part…. Just the fun you had getting to that point….

Sponsored

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
This poped into my inbox from the dealership I bought my Mojave from late last year. This is a nice discount, I think.

Rubi1.JPG

Rubi.JPG
Bought my 21 model in Dec of 21 and only gave 56k. They have raised the prices on these things astronomically!!

iklo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F10 6MT
Aside from everything else, how can they charge 12% tax? Even in MD...
Jeep Gladiator This seems like a good deal thoughts? 1707501649333

rockman

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Aside from everything else, how can they charge 12% tax? Even in MD...
Jeep Gladiator This seems like a good deal thoughts? 1707501649333
Dealers seem to frequently screw up the tax when I get a estimate too. If it's out of state, I'd rather just bring it in state and pay the tax at the DMV.
Be careful, looks like they may be charging you freight twice. It is always in the MSRP.

Sponsored

iklo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F10 6MT
Customer Preferred Package 23D
what's that?

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
I was excited about the FarOut Edition but the only thing you get over a standard Rubicon is a FarOut badge on the tailgate. Other than that there is nothing else that makes it a limited edition or special. You can spec out or even find the exact same Rubicon on the lot with all the same features for less. Kind of ridiculous in my opinion. Price wise that is the cheapest I have seen on the FarOut edition. Around here they are around $62K.
Farout actually worse. No trail cam or adaptive cruise.

iklo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F10 6MT
I got two quotes from two out of state dealers - MD and WA. The WA is just the negotiated price and some doc fees, MD price has doc fees but also includes my home state tax and registration (both of which are wrong amounts). Why is it the out of state dealer business to collect those? I can't get an explanation from them other that this is how they do things.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I got two quotes from two out of state dealers - MD and WA. The WA is just the negotiated price and some doc fees, MD price has doc fees but also includes my home state tax and registration (both of which are wrong amounts). Why is it the out of state dealer business to collect those? I can't get an explanation from them other that this is how they do things.
I live in Delaware but bought my last Gladiator in Maryland. If I was to speculate, they probably use a third party company that will handle the out of state registration and collect the taxes and fees for that. Their calculator maybe out of date, especially if you are not a near or bordering state they usually deal with for out of state customers.

If you can talk to whomever their actual title and registration person is, you may be able to purchase without paying the taxes there and they just give you a packet with the sales order and vehicle MSO title you will need to get the first state issued title.

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
If it has everything you want and it seems like a good deal to you (that you can afford), that’s all that matters. Nobody else on this forum is going to help you pay for it!
Sponsored