Sponsored

Tire Fill Alert added for a Sept 21' build date

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
For whatever it’s worth- my 2021 overland has this feature.
I know my 20 Overland with 8.4 does not have it.

Is it the kind of thing that JSCAN could enable?
Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
I thought the reason it was disabled was because they had to change to a different TPMS (chip shortages) that didn't support the feature properly?

OP
OP
TEAMSLO

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator
I thought the reason it was disabled was because they had to change to a different TPMS (chip shortages) that didn't support the feature properly?
I heard something about chip shortage but can't verify that. All I know is that I have it now 😁. Didn't chnage the tpms.... still have oem in aftermarket wheels/tires

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. I saw it on my window sticker. Mine has a build date of 2/21. I have the icon but you cannot select it. Hmmm... Next time at the dealer I'll have them look at it.
You have to enable it each time you want to use it. If you go into Settings, then Safety and Driver Assistance, you’ll see an option labeled Tire Fill Assist. Check the box next to it, then come back to your apps and it should be enabled now. Note you have to be stopped and in Park as well.

Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what jscan is.... but my JL Mini could not enable it.
I took a peak at the demo mode of JSCAN, and it appears to be an option (assuming compatible hardware, I’d imagine):

Jeep Gladiator Tire Fill Alert added for a Sept 21' build date CF9E0A04-2D8C-4DB1-A85C-D79B15257839

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I took a peak at the demo mode of JSCAN, and it appears to be an option (assuming compatible hardware, I’d imagine):

Jeep Gladiator Tire Fill Alert added for a Sept 21' build date CF9E0A04-2D8C-4DB1-A85C-D79B15257839
I tried to enable this on mine with JSCAN... no dice. Not sure if I need to also enable/disable something else to make it work. I've reset ECU's, done the "power off, door open, door close, let sit" routine, still nothing.

I also found the original TSB which includes the specific sales code that needs to be added at the dealer: LA5

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10173365-9999.pdf

The only way to contact JSCAN is via Facebook, and I do not have FB. If anyone on this thread could reach out to them and inquire, it would be greatly appreciated!

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
I tried to enable this on mine with JSCAN... no dice. Not sure if I need to also enable/disable something else to make it work. I've reset ECU's, done the "power off, door open, door close, let sit" routine, still nothing.

I also found the original TSB which includes the specific sales code that needs to be added at the dealer: LA5

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10173365-9999.pdf

The only way to contact JSCAN is via Facebook, and I do not have FB. If anyone on this thread could reach out to them and inquire, it would be greatly appreciated!
There’s two different features that might be getting confused- Tire Fill Alert, and Selectable Tire Fill Assist. Tire file alert will just alert you when you are filling up low tires, and they have reached the required door placard pressure threshold. Selectable tire fill assist lets you configure for lower thresholds on the fronts and rears, and will alert you when deflating down from the normal placard pressures, and you reach those lower thresholds.
In Jscan, try enabling both of these (it appears by the icon next to the settings that they are both radio settings, but the selectable assist should be a vehicle configuration setting):
Jeep Gladiator Tire Fill Alert added for a Sept 21' build date 5C7240BD-24E8-4FD4-A393-A82A677E7F71

Otherwise, if that doesn’t work, you would need AlfaOBD to enable the feature, as it’s a far more powerful tool than Jscan or tazer. This is what the configuration looks like in the BCM of a 2020 rubicon using AlfaOBD:
Jeep Gladiator Tire Fill Alert added for a Sept 21' build date 507079C8-A4F1-457C-B17E-D9290C9AA386

Jeep Gladiator Tire Fill Alert added for a Sept 21' build date C5E92DF1-22FC-4FA7-80DC-1A6BC4143267

Or, if you’re missing the feature, and still under warranty, they will perform the TSB for free.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s two different features that might be getting confused- Tire Fill Alert, and Selectable Tire Fill Assist. Tire file alert will just alert you when you are filling up low tires, and they have reached the required door placard pressure threshold. Selectable tire fill assist lets you configure for lower thresholds on the fronts and rears, and will alert you when deflating down from the normal placard pressures, and you reach those lower thresholds.
In Jscan, try enabling both of these (it appears by the icon next to the settings that they are both radio settings, but the selectable assist should be a vehicle configuration setting):
Jeep Gladiator Tire Fill Alert added for a Sept 21' build date C5E92DF1-22FC-4FA7-80DC-1A6BC4143267

Otherwise, if that doesn’t work, you would need AlfaOBD to enable the feature, as it’s a far more powerful tool than Jscan or tazer. This is what the configuration looks like in the BCM of a 2020 rubicon using AlfaOBD:

Or, if you’re missing the feature, and still under warranty, they will perform the TSB for free.
Is the Tire Fill Alert feature meant to only be available to Rubicons? The TSB that was shared seemed limited to Rubicon.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Is the Tire Fill Alert feature meant to only be available to Rubicons? The TSB that was shared seemed limited to Rubicon.
As far as the TSB goes, yes only rubicons between those build dates. The feature can be added to any 2020+ JT using capable aftermarket software, though.

Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS

Appreciate it! I enabled both features on JSCAN with no change.

Never heard of alfaOBD, I need to check it out.

I reached out to the dealership and the sales guy seems to think they can enable it for me (I have a 2 day old 2022 JTR). I'll try that route first until they push back since my VIN won't be on the TSB list... but, STFA still appears in the 2022 owners manual so I might have a case

OP
OP
TEAMSLO

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator
Just a note.... once mine was programmed or enabled, it didn't show up right away. Not sure if stopping and starting a few times through the morning did it, or a certain amount of time.

Came up withing 20 to 30 minutes.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just a note.... once mine was programmed or enabled, it didn't show up right away. Not sure if stopping and starting a few times through the morning did it, or a certain amount of time.

Came up withing 20 to 30 minutes.
If I remember right from when I had the TSB done on my early 2020 build, it fl definitely required a sleep cycle or 2, or a deep sleep cycle to get it to come up. I purposely left it at the dealership and didn’t come back until after lunch so it had time to set and I could verify it was there.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Thanks for the info. I saw it on my window sticker. Mine has a build date of 2/21. I have the icon but you cannot select it. Hmmm... Next time at the dealer I'll have them look at it.
Do you recall what is said on the window sticker ? I haven't taken delivery yet, mine is in the shipping process, my order date was 10/21. Im asking because I need to purchase a set of TPMS sensors for an aftermarket set of wheels and I am not sure what part# I need. I thought the 06/2021 and newer called for part# 68339096AB ... but this shows its for the spare wheel and it does not have the STFA functionality in it.... my dilemma is ... I found a set from a private seller, stating they are take offs and they have the same part# as the spare wheel and they DO have the STFA functionality . So I'm still unclear if the 2022 models have this function and it just needs to be activated and does it matter if I use TPMS sensors with the functionality ??? I've attached a picture, the TPMS on the LEFT has the STFA function built in (notice the difference where the valve cap screws down.

TPMS.jpg