First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
I heard something about chip shortage but can't verify that. All I know is that I have it now 😁. Didn't chnage the tpms.... still have oem in aftermarket wheels/tires
do you recall what your TPMS looked like ??? the one on the left or the right ? The left one has the STFA function built in.... I have a 10/21 build and need to purchase TPMS sensors for aftermarket wheels and I do not know which ones to order... dealers seem relatively clueless on this as well.

TPMS.jpg
Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I tried to enable this on mine with JSCAN... no dice. Not sure if I need to also enable/disable something else to make it work. I've reset ECU's, done the "power off, door open, door close, let sit" routine, still nothing.

I also found the original TSB which includes the specific sales code that needs to be added at the dealer: LA5

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10173365-9999.pdf

The only way to contact JSCAN is via Facebook, and I do not have FB. If anyone on this thread could reach out to them and inquire, it would be greatly appreciated!
I believe you have to have the correct TPMS sensors for it to work also

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Do you recall what is said on the window sticker ? I haven't taken delivery yet, mine is in the shipping process, my order date was 10/21. Im asking because I need to purchase a set of TPMS sensors for an aftermarket set of wheels and I am not sure what part# I need. I thought the 06/2021 and newer called for part# 68339096AB ... but this shows its for the spare wheel and it does not have the STFA functionality in it.... my dilemma is ... I found a set from a private seller, stating they are take offs and they have the same part# as the spare wheel and they DO have the STFA functionality . So I'm still unclear if the 2022 models have this function and it just needs to be activated and does it matter if I use TPMS sensors with the functionality ??? I've attached a picture, the TPMS on the LEFT has the STFA function built in (notice the difference where the valve cap screws down.

Jeep Gladiator Tire Fill Alert added for a Sept 21' build date TPMS
The TPMS sensor has nothing to do with STFA. The sensor just reports what pressure it feels via RF. The STFA feature is a function of the BCM and instrument cluster. The reason there are different sensors is because before 6/1/21, the TPM module handled the signals from the sensors. After 6/1, the RF Hub is handling the signals from the sensors, and is looking for different IDs than the TPM was. The TPM module is still present, but only for canbus c connectivity. If you have a build after 6/1/21, then you must use the newer sensors regardless, or they won’t be read.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Is there a consensus on the following--

1) works with non-rubicon?
2) Jscan will enable it?

Please and thank you.

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
I got a 21 JTRD ordered 9.10 got it 11.8 you think I can have my dealer do this? Not sure they would do this as I got my oil done yesterday and didnt see this until today. Didnt see a bulletin on this.

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
The TPMS sensor has nothing to do with STFA. The sensor just reports what pressure it feels via RF. The STFA feature is a function of the BCM and instrument cluster. The reason there are different sensors is because before 6/1/21, the TPM module handled the signals from the sensors. After 6/1, the RF Hub is handling the signals from the sensors, and is looking for different IDs than the TPM was. The TPM module is still present, but only for canbus c connectivity. If you have a build after 6/1/21, then you must use the newer sensors regardless, or they won’t be read.
Thank you for the explanation... this makes sense and is why I was getting so confused, the seller of the TPMS made it sound like the difference in the stems on the two sensors I posted made a difference. You can see the difference below where the valve stem screws on.... but if I'm understanding you correctly, your saying this has no effect at all and it all about the type of sensor/frequency that attaches to the stem ??? So with this in mind, I'm guessing if his sensors were pulled from a vehicle that had the STFA function, then he most likely had a build prior to 06/21 ???

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Thank you for the explanation... this makes sense and is why I was getting so confused, the seller of the TPMS made it sound like the difference in the stems on the two sensors I posted made a difference. You can see the difference below where the valve stem screws on.... but if I'm understanding you correctly, your saying this has no effect at all and it all about the type of sensor/frequency that attaches to the stem ??? So with this in mind, I'm guessing if his sensors were pulled from a vehicle that had the STFA function, then he most likely had a build prior to 06/21 ???
No, forget about STFA when referring to TPMS sensors, as there’s no relationship. If you have a build date after 6/1/21 (or it might be 6/7/21), you need sensor part number 68339096AB. If built before 6/7/21, you need sensor part number 68510382AA.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I believe you have to have the correct TPMS sensors for it to work also
I have an appt at the dealer Monday to get a minor build "glitch" fixed and asked about enabling the LA5 sales code. He said they could do it, but I don't know if it will work with the sensors on the MY2022 JT. I guess I'll find out!

I tried JSCAN and had no luck.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
No, forget about STFA when referring to TPMS sensors, as there’s no relationship. If you have a build date after 6/1/21 (or it might be 6/7/21), you need sensor part number 68339096AB. If built before 6/7/21, you need sensor part number 68510382AA.
Thats the part# I had and the # he listed (xx96AB).... but in his listing he said

"brand new sensors that come on new Wranglers and Gladiators with the "Tire Fill Assist" option"

This is where all of my confusion came from... thanks for clearing it up !

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I have an appt at the dealer Monday to get a minor build "glitch" fixed and asked about enabling the LA5 sales code. He said they could do it, but I don't know if it will work with the sensors on the MY2022 JT. I guess I'll find out!

I tried JSCAN and had no luck.
keep me posted !

Sponsored

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting. Mine has it but I never paid it any attention. I always check the pressure with my inflator as I fill. I will try it this weekend.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Sep 21 build Mojave....

Jeep Gladiator Tire Fill Alert added for a Sept 21' build date 20211215_193421
I see..... my build states like your second picture... location specific TPMS.. So most likely its not enabled on mine.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
No luck at the dealer. They enabled the LA5 sales code and said "it worked" but then said it was a $150 charge to keep it on. He said the TSB doesn't help because it was not for MY22. He called FCA and they told him it was an optional feature not on every rubicon, but I stepped through the online "Build and Price" and asked him to show me where it was an option and he couldn't find it.

He says if he leaves it enabled FCA will charge the dealership $150 and "someone" has to pay for it: either me, sales or service (and he refused)

I don't know if he's full of it or not.

I wish JSCAN worked to enable it...
Sponsored