Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
and 86k for a flipping wranglerā€¦ what has our world come to?
Supply and demand. The world is a whole big place, no longer isolated people. It's a global market.

(and the costs of engineering, meeting government regs AROUND THE WORLD (Wranglers are sold in Europe and you think laws are strict here??)

it's what the market says they are worth. If something goes for sale at 80K - the market will determine "worth" - not arm chair economists who have no real interest in buying it.
If the item doesn't sell - then it must not have been worth that to any buyers, eh?
If it sells, then SOMEONE thought it was worth it.

The griping about classic car prices is even worse. The griping and bitching about used classic car prices is totally stupid. In some places vehicle asking prices almost come to a slug-fest - and those throwing the punches are those not even interested in buying.

I find it odd how everyone now demands that they be allowed to be able to afford and buy anything they want. Young demand that they start out in a home like their parents own - no one will accept a "starter home". They want it all, they want it now. Doesn't work that way.

What the world has come to is a world of regulations, laws, dwindling resources vs. exploding demands and populations, people who insist every member of the family MUST have a cell phone - even little Johnny who is 4 years old, law suites (that coffee BURNED ME! or the guy who fell off his silo onto an auger below and successfully SUED the auger company!) and of course dwindling air and water resources. The Colorado used to run all the way to the ocean through Mexico - just try taking a canoe to the end of that river now. You end up in sand, not the ocean.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If it had more power would you have stuck with it?

I don't quite understand how the Mojave gets "desert runner" cred on 280hp.
It's not all about power. There's the ability to haul and/or tow - and no engine is going to give these little trucks that much more payload or tow ratings. It's not all about HP like a lot of people here think it is. Yeah, that V8 JT will come out - and people will brag about the power - will they brag when they see the tow rating isn't really any different? (maybe it will be, maybe it won't - V8s require a lot of cooling capacity - more cubes, more fuel burned, more BTUs generated, more heat removal needed)
Towing and payload ain't about your engine size. I would bet there'd be little difference.

One doesn't always know what is absolutely necessary until they try something out. Could be life changes changed the truck need, could be they found the JT just plain couldn't, or it was too painful while it was trying to.
And some people just switch vehicles every so often. I've had everything from F250 4x4s all the way down to Comanche.
If I ever picked up my antique engine hobby again - I know for a fact - this JT just wouldn't cut it.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you're running wide open desert washes your TRex is about as good off road as any full size truck (the power won't do anything for you but get you in trouble faster and deeper).
Isnā€™t the Mojave Jeepā€™s answer to a desert runner? Asking for a friendā€¦

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I don't get these threads.
My best guess... they're letting people know how much they can sell their Gladiator for, but really this seems like it belongs on the TRX forum.