Sponsored

Vibration from 20-25 mph on 37s, common issue?

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
Happening in neutral or while no power is applied can still be balance. The tire is still spinning.
Not saying that's it, but all you do when taking the load off, putting in neutral, is prove it's not certain other things. All other parts - driveshaft, axles, wheels, all still spinning.
Agreed. Just noting things I have tried to rule out anything possible.

I may pull my carrier bearing spacer to rule that out as well, Although the pinion angle measures perfectly.
Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

I am just starting on this path. I haven't had a chance to really "feel" it out yet :) It isn't horrible but a touch annoying. If I find that nothing is out of place and it is truly just the feel of the tread I will make the decision at that point. The Ridge Grappler checks so many of my NEED boxes I will be reluctant to go to a Mud terrain tire that I feel and hear at all MPG. That is the trade off!
I have 37” Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T & they are nice & smooth I don’t hear or feel them most of the time. I feel them slightly when coming to a stop otherwise they have been great on the road, highway speeds etc…

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
I spent a ton of time yesterday trying air changes of 2lbs from 26-38 and also changing the tire position on the truck with zero luck.

See the photos I took while I had them off. Those tread blocks just inside of the outside row stick way up. I would bet that is the tread feeling I get.

I also spun each tire and checked to make sure it was round. They were all perfect.

I did one more round of changing all tires to the stock ones and the issue immediately goes away. Smooth as silk with the Stock Falken's

Took the Jeep to Discount Tire this morning and let the manager drive it around for 20 mins. He definitely felt it was tread related. It is very specific on my Gladiator at 25-26 it vibrates, especially on a very smooth road surface. He said it is not normal and wouldn't accept them either. He is going to call me Monday but it looks like I will be getting a new set of 5 tires. His suggestion is to go with the Trail Grapplers so we don't end up in the same position if they are having a tread issue. These only have 150 miles on them. I really like the Ridge Grappler for a bit more road orientated tire but at this point I will take tire noise of a MT tread over this vibration any day.

I'll keep you posted.

20220506_184009.jpg

20220506_183957.jpg

Deleted member 28696

The TG's M/T are known for a great ride. I doubt any road noise it produces is going to bother you. It's very minimal IMO. I feel I get every bit as smooth of a ride out of these then I did the stock 33" falcons, maybe even better, It could be my suspension - lift, gearing setup that helps as well. It will be interesting to hear how they work out for you.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
How many miles do you have on the truck ? How many off-road miles ? If a decent amount, check your ball joints and tie rod and make sure they are not worn.

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
How many miles do you have on the truck ? How many off-road miles ? If a decent amount, check your ball joints and tie rod and make sure they are not worn.
The truck is new and has 800 miles on it. Tires have 100 miles on them since installation.

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
Well, They will replace them. The problem is there are no Ridge Grappler or Trail Grapplers to be had. My preference is to go to the Trail Grapplers to try and avoid another tread issue but they say their (Nitto) next batch is already spoken for and I would have to wait until the next batch before I could get them.

Nitto wants the defective tires back in 30 days. I have asked Discount to negotiate that they get these back once I get a replacement set! I can't have a car without tires! I don't think this is unreasonable. I don't really want any other brand after looking at what is available.

Waiting to hear what they say about having to wait to get them back until they can provide a replacement.

More 2022 supply issues being right in play....

Saga continues!

21WhiteRubi

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Since I was having a similar issue, I decided to swap over to BFG KO2s. Vibration issue completely gone. It is 100% an issue with the ridge grappler tread blocks. Honestly, I think they just have a bad batch and sadly we were the recipients.

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
I agree, I hated to do it but I ordered Geolander G003 in 37 12.5 17. Be here early next week.

Hoping they work!
Sponsored