Weathertech Mud Flaps

Samslop

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Rubicon
So I'm not really crazy about the looks of the Rockblokz mud flaps, and at $170, just not gonna happen. Trying to find someone who has installed the Weathertech mud flaps, especially on a Sport S. I have a Sport S with take off Rubi Suspension and Rubi Rails.

What is the difference between the Rubicon version vs the Sport version?
Will a Sport S with Rubi rails need the Rubicon version?
Since the factory Jeep Rubicon fender flares are higher, do I need the Sport version?

Haven't found an answer to this yet....and decided not to keep hijacking the Rockblokz thread.
I have the weather tech mud flaps and love them. I put them on my gladiator Rubicon.They bolt on not them weak plastic tabs. No drilling very east to install and strong
Sponsored

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
coming to the conclusion the max tow has a different liner. the ones they have are for the normal width liners
Max Tow is a different part number - That's noted in their ordering - I have the Max Tow and lined up fine other than needing to control the inner liner alignment (very flexible)

MattBrinks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Wrangler Willy's Wheeler
Just wanted to give an update on this, WT did send me some replacement clips for the front mudflaps and they are finally installed now. They did not give me an idea as to when/if they will be sending them out with the small parts kits with future shipments.

For the record my rears went on very easily, a lot less complicated than the fronts.

Backwoodsraider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jts
Max Tow is a different part number - That's noted in their ordering - I have the Max Tow and lined up fine other than needing to control the inner liner alignment (very flexible)
For the rear? Talked to them, stated they dont make one for the max tow rear

Their website actually says it as of today

Sponsored

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
For the rear? Talked to them, stated they dont make one for the max tow rear

Their website actually says it as of today
that i believe is correct - I don't have rear currently as they weren't available. The Max Tow has different flares/fenders than regular Sport / Sport S or Rubicon. Not sure I will add rear mud flaps I am more concerned with splash with door / windows open

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
So, I've ordered a JT Rubicon and plan on installing 35/12.5/17 tires which means lots of rock chips and spray. My OCD wants to install mud flaps but I think they are super ugly. In my opinion the flaps really ruin the look of the lines on the truck.

I guess rock chips and rust also look bad.... decisions decisions.

MadMan81

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
SO I just read through this thread, for the people that got them for the fronts, what is your review on them? Did they help with some of the spraying or no not really?

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
SO I just read through this thread, for the people that got them for the fronts, what is your review on them? Did they help with some of the spraying or no not really?

I have them front and rear on my Rubi, with the OEM wheels and tires they knocked all of the spray down. Nothing on the sides getting kicked up.

After I put wheels and 35x12.50's on I can visibly see water spray from the outer edges of the tires, but none of it is getting on the body.
To be completely transparent, I also have Rock Hard sliders with angled down bars and they also prevent anything getting kicked up from the tires, not to mention preventing door dings.

MadMan81

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I have them front and rear on my Rubi, with the OEM wheels and tires they knocked all of the spray down. Nothing on the sides getting kicked up.

After I put wheels and 35x12.50's on I can visibly see water spray from the outer edges of the tires, but none of it is getting on the body.
To be completely transparent, I also have Rock Hard sliders with angled down bars and they also prevent anything getting kicked up from the tires, not to mention preventing door dings.
I'm kind of torn between these or the Rokblocks. I feel like these will break off the second i go off-roading.

Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

I can't justify putting any kind of mud flaps on my JT. I think they are extremely ugly. I guess I'll have to take my chances and hope my side steps deflect most of the rocks.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well I have the Weather Tech front "mud flaps" on a Max-Tow it really does help with rocks, mud and water splashing on sides with stock tires. None on back as noted not available from Weather Tech. (I did have Rubicon rock rails and swapped out for Overland side steps better protection from stray doors, but not needed as steps.) My daily drive starts with gravel road. Yesterday was a 3 or so hours of gravel roads and dirt trails drive end result just a layer of dust all over my truck.

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
Just ordered front and rear from WeatherTech.

MyGeekDaddy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I have the front and rear Weathertech flaps on my Overland. I saw another Overland a couple of weeks ago when we got our first freezing weather and I couldn't believe the difference between our two truck when I drove through the mall parking lot.

His JT had crap all down the side of his truck. Worth every penny after seeing what my truck would look like with out them.

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I installed the WeatherTech and have no complaints! They work!
Sponsored